You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zig it's a football forum, people are going to discuss football today and whats happened so far, not shut the fuck up (as much as I wish some would, and I'm sure plenty would wish I did) and wait a fortnight before commenting.

Of course the finances are fucked, and I agree there will be two entirely diffrent lists of transfer targets.

The part that scares the shit out of me is that in the worse case scenario we are going to waste over £6m on a clogger and a reserve keeper, neither of which we need.

I haven't asked anyone to shut the fuck up, but let's discuss the football: played two, won two, three goals and two clean sheets. Not bad eh?

I never accused you of telling anyone to shut the fuck up mate, your comment was to wait until the end of the transfer window before judging Roy. Fair enough but should we wait a fortnight before commenting on potential signings and their merit?

People have genuine concerns about the manager, exactly the same as plenty did he's gone, get over it did when he took us to within a whisker of the league.

I never accused you of telling anyone to shut the fuck up mate, your comment was to wait until the end of the transfer window before judging Roy. Fair enough but should we wait a fortnight before commenting on potential signings and their merit?

People have genuine concerns about the manager, exactly the same as plenty did he's gone, get over it did when he took us to within a whisker of the league.

I don't think commenting on potential signings is a problem, but often the journalist is more to blame than the manager. For me there is a danger that he is getting painted as shit in the market on the basis of players he has no intention of signing, at the moment, or players he feels he has to make do with as we are totally broke. He certainly isn't going to be making any fifteen to twenty million pound mistakes, let's put it that way. I really don't fancy Brad Jones if that helps though. Even if we sell Cavalieri to make funds available, I think Gulácsi is better and is under 21 so there is just as good an argument based on the home grown rule.

I don't think commenting on potential signings is a problem, but often the journalist is more to blame than the manager. For me there is a danger that he is getting painted as shit in the market on the basis of players he has no intention of signing, at the moment, or players he feels he has to make do with as we are totally broke. He certainly isn't going to be making any fifteen to twenty million pound mistakes, let's put it that way. I really don't fancy Brad Jones if that helps though. Even if we sell Cavalieri to make funds available, I think Gulácsi is better and is under 21 so there is just as good an argument based on the home grown rule.

Keane, in my opinion was a fucking disaster and I'm on record as saying it would be before we ever signed him.

Thats the past though, this summer if we have less money than ever before that should be taken into account before judging Roy. However if money is so tight why the fuck are we wasting £6m on a clogger and a reserve keeper we don't need?

Has Roy been bullshitted by the board to? Hence me questioning Broughton in the other thread.

Thats the past though, this summer if we have less money than ever before that should be taken into account before judging Roy. However if money is so tight why the fuck are we wasting £6m on a clogger and a reserve keeper we don't need?

Has Roy been bullshitted by the board to? Hence me questioning Broughton in the other thread.

I'm not convinced at all by Poulsen and I've said what I think about Jones, but I need to see the whole picture before I can make a full judgement mate; perhaps we sell Mascherano, Poulsen proves us both wrong, we bring in a decent striker and left back and it all looks more rosy. Same applies to the other comment. It's just too early to say.

I'm not convinced at all by Poulsen and I've said what I think about Jones, but I need to see the whole picture before I can make a full judgement mate; perhaps we sell Mascherano, Poulsen proves us both wrong, we bring in a decent striker and left back and it all looks more rosy. Same applies to the other comment. It's just too early to say.

Or we sell mascher and £10m goes missing.

Or we sell mascher and £10m goes missing.

Yeah of course it could. If I'd believed the doomsday scenario of selling Torres and Gerrard and using it to pay down the debt though, I would have wasted a lot of panic already this close season. That's why I would prefer to wait and see!

If you're trying to associate the shite we saw on the pitch with the lack of funds, I'd suggest you stop right there. If we have the same players available this year, we'll perform much better. No doubt about it. We saw game after game of risible performances last year.

If you're announcing that more money available will allow us to purchase more and potentially better players, then I think you may just have struck upon something there, so thanks very much for bringing that to our attention. Just don't confuse that with the abject performances we witnessed last year. That was largely down to tactics, motivation, and wilfully bizarre team selection.

Money mattered last year, it matters this year. I'm only talking about the fans and how some of them one year think that is not the case, another year they think the opposite.

Again, I wanted a different manager at the end of the season. It was obvious that a change was needed. I don't agree with the last sentence of yours, the things you mention played a part, but only a part. At the moment I have no clue how we will do, the first 5 matches are crucial and will give us a much better picture. The team looks like the same one bar Mascherano or Lucas (I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold instead of Mascherano), so the expectations should be roughly the same.

Oh, and your suggestions of where I stop are irrelevant. Go lecture your kids.

Either desparate and effectively inviting bids or he is such a media whore is it to announce a sale?

Or perhaps the board feel that the fans deserve more of an update as to what's happening?

Would you rather he wasn't on and they (the board) said nothing? Isn't that what many fans have been calling for?

Whilst he has fucked up a fair few things i don't get why it should be a given that everything he does has an ulterior motive and that he should be condemned before we've heard what he has to say.

Money mattered last year, it matters this year. I'm only talking about the fans and how some of them one year think that is not the case, another year they think the opposite.

Again, I wanted a different manager at the end of the season. It was obvious that a change was needed. I don't agree with the last sentence of yours, the things you mention played a part, but only a part. At the moment I have no clue how we will do, the first 5 matches are crucial and will give us a much better picture. The team looks like the same one bar Mascherano or Lucas (I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold instead of Mascherano), so the expectations should be roughly the same.

Oh, and your suggestions of where I stop are irrelevant. Go lecture your kids.

Money was a minor issue last year - it's a bigger issue this year because of our continued underspend relative to virtually every other team in the league, but if we keep the same big players, we'll do better than last year.

oh, and I'll stop patronising you when you stop patronising everyone else. It's funny, I've had to say that to my 14 year old once or twice too. He'll grow out of it soon though :)

Yeah of course it could. If I'd believed the doomsday scenario of selling Torres and Gerrard and using it to pay down the debt though, I would have wasted a lot of panic already this close season. That's why I would prefer to wait and see!

Come on Zig you're better than that.

Can you not see there may be a middle ground? You know, the way we have made a profit for the cunts the last two and a half years.

Torres and Gerrard have said they are staying, thank fuck. We are no closer to being bought.

You think we won't make a profit on transfers this summer?

Or perhaps the board feel that the fans deserve more of an update as to what's happening?

Would you rather he wasn't on and they (the board) said nothing? Isn't that what many fans have been calling for?

Whilst he has fucked up a fair few things i don't get why it should be a given that everything he does has an ulterior motive and that he should be condemned before we've heard what he has to say.

I'd rather he was no where near the fucking club full stop.

Money was a minor issue last year - it's a bigger issue this year because of our continued underspend relative to virtually every other team in the league, but if we keep the same big players, we'll do better than last year.

oh, and I'll stop patronising you when you stop patronising everyone else. It's funny, I've had to say that to my 14 year old once or twice too. He'll grow out of it soon though :)

Sure, however if you're broke you are broke, it's kind of hard to deduct from zero. Keep up with the good work as the self-nominated head of the patronizing police squad. I'm sure your 14-year-old will appreciate it, if no one else.

Come on Zig you're better than that.

Can you not see there may be a middle ground? You know, the way we have made a profit for the cunts the last two and a half years.

Torres and Gerrard have said they are staying, thank fuck. We are no closer to being bought.

You think we won't make a profit on transfers this summer?

I have no idea yet. I will obviously be disappointed if Broughton turns out to have lied, just as I am pissed off with Purslow's bullshit last season.

Roy hasn't had to replace any main players this season, Rafa had to replace 3 important players in 2009.

I'd say it's less of an issue this year actually.