You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bascombe's latest twitter update

If anyone thinks Hicks and Gillett have spent last 4 months trying to sell LFC, think again. They plotted to refinance 290m worth of debt.

But Broughton has an excellent reputation blah blah blah, he wouldn't risk it etc etc. Never understood that line of thinking myself to be honest.

The other one RBS have given the owners financial penalty's to force them to sell I'm sure thats why Banks charge when I go overdrawn to help people manage their money more efficiently.

refinance. What bank in their right mind is going to refinance this debt?

anyone that wants to make a bit of money, worst comes to the worst they inherit LFC from them if they can't pay up.

Been saying we'll be in this position next year for a long time, it's still making them money.

seems to me like they are stalling with no intention of selling, using the pretence of a sale so the banks give them some breathing room.

I swear if liverpool is ever sold moores should never be allowed to step foot in anfield again.

I've said that all along mate.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Can the rest of the board agree to sell the club to someone else though? edit : sorry, do they have that type of power? Something just seems wrong, can't trust them until we're sold.

No, but they can make it the best option.

Guest davelfc
They own the club and they can veto the sale if there in a position to pay back RBS.

But if the board can veto refinancing then it's stalemate.

If they could get refinancing they would have got it months ago,no financial institiution in their right mind would lend those 2 cowboys a penny.

I refuse to be dragged down from the point of optimism I have been sitting on since last night.

That Bamba was fucking spot on,this entire saga is a rollercoaster and a half

Guest davelfc
If they could get refinancing they would have got it months ago,no financial institiution in their right mind would lend those 2 cowboys a penny.

I refuse to be dragged down from the point of optimism I have been sitting on since last night.

That Bamba was fucking spot on,this entire saga is a rollercoaster and a half

Like being handcuffed to the big one at Blackpool (I'm talking about the rollercoaster) I'm getting sicker and sicker of it. I just want off, please!

Guest davelfc
Surely as the two shareholder they just hold an EGM and vote to sack the board and appoint there stoogies as directors

RBS have probably got that sewn up.

The fact we havent been sold and the current potential shitty buyers for the club.

Haung got me excited for a while when the times indicated it was the Chinese goverments money.

But there all second rate potential owners but stil light years better than what we currently have

No one really expected the club to be sold "yet".

So you've seen details of all the bids or are you just going on innunedo and press speculation?

So you're saying the Chinese governments money is worse than say a Middle Eastern Government's money or a capatlist Indian's money? Why's that then?

They own the club and they can veto the sale if there in a position to pay back RBS.

So how will they do that then? If they were in a position to pay off RBS, Broughton would not be here and the sales process would not be happening.

Surely as the two shareholder they just hold an EGM and vote to sack the board and appoint there stoogies as directors

Again if they could do that then why hasn't it happened already?

Edited by Albertini

I'm a bit confused why the board would object to them refinancing if the present rates include exorbitant fees being imposed. It would seem a bit strange unless they were looking at even riskier methods of refinancing like the mafia or a Mexican kayote that Hicks knows.

Guest davelfc
I'm a bit confused why the board would object to them refinancing if the present rates include exorbitant fees being imposed. It would seem a bit strange unless they were looking at even riskier methods of refinancing like the mafia or a Mexican kayote that Hicks knows.

IF and it's a big IF they managed to get refinanced, do you really think it would be at better rates than RBS who are already screwing us? No it would more likely make paydayloans look like a charity for the poor.