You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Signings

Irishlad

How many more signings do you reckon we need, and in what areas, for you to be positive about the new season?

For me we still need two left backs, a forward & a replacement for masch. On the assumption that masch is gone & his fee will pay for the rest, which is the most likely scenario.

I've no problems with Mascherano going if he doesn't want to stay. Hopefully now the rest will stay on, now that Gerrard has committed.

If Mascherano stays - I think we just need a left back another striker.

If he goes he'll need to be replaced, but it might also mean we can upgrade another position or two given the funds he can bring in.

I think we need about another 3 possibly.

Obviously a left back is needed. We also need a striker and a central midfielder for Mascherano (pretty convinced he is going in all honesty).

I would say we may need another attacker but we might not have the money for someone to be adding to what we have. Its not urgent now because we do have Joe, Maxi, Jovanovic, Babel, Pacheco, Kuyt.

I think that Roy wants a smaller squad and if need be to give some of the youngster a chance.

I reckon we would be looking at a left back, Masch Replacement and a Striker.

I know Soto is going Cavalieri if he can find a club, I also have a sneaky feeling Skrtel may be off as well.

I still think we need a replacement for alonzo, we dont have a playmaker in the middle to control the tempo of the game, lucas is not good enough, gerrard when he played in the centre a few times last year just kept trying to play the holywood pass all the time, his best position is behind torres. Alberto A is too lightweight for me and I think he is better just off the striker as well. It's going to be interesting to see how roy lines up with the players available. Left Back, & Striker as well, not really much to ask ;-)

I'd pretty much agree with the LB, CDM and back-up striker. I think realistically bar gerrard, reina, torres and carra & the new signings that the entire squad has a right price these days. THANK YOU VERY FUCKING MUCH DAVID MOORES YOU MONEY-GRABBING DOSS CUNT !

Surely not Johnson or Agger though?

In order of priority:

1. Left back

2. Center forward

3. Centre mid who can dictate the play whilst shielding the back four.

After that, there are arguments for another centre mid as well as pace and height at the back, but we could cope without. The above three players are crucial though, in my opinion.

In order of priority:

1. Left back

2. Center forward

After that, there are arguments for another centre mid as well as pace and height at the back, but we could cope without. The above three players are crucial though, in my opinion.

Agree with this however I would prioritise the centre forward who can hold up the ball and link play.

I think that Roy has been told he's having a smaller squad and if need be to give some of the youngster a chance.

I reckon we would be looking at a left back, Masch Replacement and a Striker.

I know Soto is going Cavalieri if he can find a club, I also have a sneaky feeling Skrtel may be off as well.

Fixed.

How many more signings do you reckon we need, and in what areas, for you to be positive about the new season?

We didn't need any signings. Kicking out the energy sapping, stifling, creativity suffocating "Spanish tactician" was enough.

In order of priority:

1. Left back

2. Center forward

If Mascherano goes (which looks highly likely) switch around 2 and 3, but spell Centre properly both times.