You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

People boycotting the shirts

wrightylew

When did you give up your season ticket? Was it because of the owners?

If so it's futile really, it's already been purchased by someone and no doubt armed with their new season ticket they have ticked the auto cup boxes. So the owners have in fact made a profit.

By dropping auto cup this season I have taken away a guaranteed income from cup games for the owners. Let's say 10 games at £35 each. If every season ticket holder did this it's the same as half the season ticket holders not renewing and the tickets not being taken up by someone else.

Of course they will put those tickets up for sale in cup games but are not guaranteed the sale or the cash weeks before.

This is interesting, and I guess it tells me what I wanted to know from my initial post.

From what I've gagued from this thread, people's protests are not based on personal principle. This isn't a case of "I won't line their pockets with my hard-earned money.", but more an active effort to make a dent in their income from the club.

That's perfectly fair of course. However I would urge the people who will continue to go on games to reconsider their criticism of fans who are buying the shirts.

As we've established in this thread, attending games has (criminally) become a privelege. For the lucky few who have that privelege, that's your way of showing your support for the club. For the millions of other fans, wearing the colours is their only way to show that pride and faith. Having that ticket is vital to you, just as having that shirt is vital to them.

If you've rescinded your ST as someone above has done, fair enough. You're entitled to say anything, and I respect you a lot for that commitment.

Regardless of the circumstances rescinding one's ST would have, while you're still making that colossal payment year-in year-out, you're in a very fragile glass house when it comes to throwing stones at shirt wearers.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally people who declare they would 'give up their season ticket' or say' you should give up your season ticket' don't have a season ticket.

When you've waited 20 years for a season ticket to see the team you love then it's not going to be easy to give it up. There is little point as others have stated (again and again) in giving up a season ticket in protest. Others (probably ones calling for people to give their ticket up) will snap it up and you will have to wait another 20 years to get it back.

I have 2, you'll have to drag them out of my cold dead hands.

Instead I have decided to boycott all cup games, all friendly games too. I shall attend only league games this season or until the current owners have departed. I never purchase food or drinks or anything from the stadium or shop. I have also just purchased the alternative black shirt. These are personal choices and not ones forced on me by anyone that has decided they are a better fan than I am.

The ONLY way to beat the parasites who run our game is by hitting them where it hurts, the bank balance. If you don't feed the cash cow, it will have to change its atitude or graze somewhere else!

Unfortunately, the only way of depriving the cash cow of food is by not buying tickets including season tickets. Short term pain for long term gain. And yes you are quite right, once you give up your season ticket it is highly unlikely you will get it back, which in my eyes, if everyone sang from the same hymn sheet, would make you a martyr to the 'beautiful game!' You may not get your season ticket back but you would get your club back.

Withdrawing Sky subscriptions is also another viable option but once again that will never happen.

Are you and the rest of the footballing fraternity prepared to pay that price? Highly unlikely? Why? Because watching football is what you do. Like teachers and nurses it is your forte in life. You were born a football fan and you will die a football fan. No obstacle to big, no distance to far and no ticket price to high. These parasites, just like the government know with teachers and nurses, know its what you were born to do.

Do I blame you, do I think your less of a supporter than others? No, because its your choice and its what you do.

But there will be no endgame unless supporters take on the cash cow with a total boycott, not just at Liverpool but at every Premiership club. This isn't a football league, it is a product we have all been forced to buy into because football is our religion.

Football fans have the power to change things. Without us, it is just 22 big strong athletes kicking a ball around a deathly silent stadium. Without us, there is no product!