You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas bid

danperkins

Right, first of all, all of those three need shipping out, because they're not very good. In actual fact, they're SHIT.

Secondly, if he was such a "populist", he'd have given Kenny the job, and told Woy to fuck off back to Fulham.

At least try and have *some* consistency in your rants.

Fuck off, I'll rant with abandon!

And Lucas and Insua are good, young players, you just won't accept it.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PurpleNose
Nah, they will do what they did when Hodgson was appointed and conveniently forgot their assertions that Maureen and Hiddink would be the replacement, they will demand you back the team!

For the record I don't think N'Gog is good enough and I would cash in now on the back of last season. But unless we are going to bring in two left backs it makes no sense getting rid of Insua, and unless Mascherano is staying it makes no sense in getting rid of Lucas, so why are we accepting bids for them and why is Cecil negotiating their sale?

N'Gog is what 20? I'd be fine with him being 4th choice striker. Nowhere near good enough to be 2nd choice clearly. Probably take £4m/£5m for him. Not sure many would be keen to pay that though.

Selling Insua would be ridiculous. It would leave us with no left backs. We need an experienced player to rotate with Insua.

Lucas is probably worth £8m/£10m. We'd get no more than £8m for him. For £8m it would be difficult to sign a better central midfielder. Certainly not a 23 year old who could still improve a decent amount.

Banega/Parker/Martinez etc they'd all cost more than what we'd get for Lucas, so unfortunately we're not going to be signing any of them. Unless of course we sell Mascherano, and as you said, it then makes little sense to sell Lucas as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cecil play the odd game at left back this season.

N'Gog is what 20? I'd be fine with him being 4th choice striker. Nowhere near good enough to be 2nd choice clearly. Probably take £4m/£5m for him. Not sure many would be keen to pay that though.

Selling Insua would be ridiculous. It would leave us with no left backs. We need an experienced player to rotate with Insua.

Lucas is probably worth £8m/£10m. We'd get no more than £8m for him. For £8m it would be difficult to sign a better central midfielder. Certainly not a 23 year old who could still improve a decent amount.

Banega/Parker/Martinez etc they'd all cost more than what we'd get for Lucas, so unfortunately we're not going to be signing any of them. Unless of course we sell Mascherano, and as you said, it then makes little sense to sell Lucas as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cecil play the odd game at left back this season.

Player Manager eh? Could work.

The rest I agree with ever word.

I don't know anybody that isn't a LFC supporter that considers Lucas a good player or even remotely so.

"Sounds like bullshit to me, surely Liverpool wouldn't sell him for 5million?"

"Good player imo. Scapegoat for tossers"

"He's not as bad as some claim. And at his age is worth more than £5m"

"I thought he was decent when he was allowed to get forward."

"He'd be a good signing for that price, a player with buckets of CL experience etc "

" He's OK and will be more effective than Mascherano overall (Mascherano will always be better as a pure defensive midfielder) in the future. He's had his best season with Liverpool and was probably their best player last season. £5m is taking the piss - a deal in the £9m range plus lots of addons is a sensible place to start but with Mascherano WUMing the club I don't really see Liverpool wanting to lose Lucas."

"Think there's a lot more to his attacking game than we've seen. Played further forward against one of the weaker teams(can't remember who?) and thought his passing was surprisingly crisp and incisive and he's a very useful runner off the ball."

"Played very well against us at Anfield last season. He's worth more than 5m."

"5 million is a joke fee for him. He was one of the few positives for them this season."

"I agree. Apparently people who saw him play for Gremio and the Brazil youth sides also say he was fantastic. There were definitely a couple of games last season where he was Liverpool's best player but don't expect anyone here to be capable of recognising that.

I remember hearing Tim Vickery once say that Lucas was famed for regularly being the best player in Liverpool training sessions but had difficulty replicating that form in matches.

A move to another league, club and manager could be enough to bring the best out in him... "

"How old is he? 23?

I think he'll turn out to be a quality player.

Hopefully not at Liverpool."

"Yeah, sometimes it just doesn't work at a certain club/league (look at Forlan), but I think Lucas is a decent player now and still has a lot of potential "

"I would pay up to £13M for Leiva. When Liverpool played a midfield three of Lucas, Aquilaini and Gerrard last season, they played very good football. I would sell Mascherano for £30M - he really is not worth is, and give Lucas a permanent position in front of the back four."

Palermo say 5million is too much for Lucas - RedCafe.net

"Sounds like bullshit to me, surely Liverpool wouldn't sell him for 5million?"

"Good player imo. Scapegoat for tossers"

"He's not as bad as some claim. And at his age is worth more than £5m"

"I thought he was decent when he was allowed to get forward."

"He'd be a good signing for that price, a player with buckets of CL experience etc "

" He's OK and will be more effective than Mascherano overall (Mascherano will always be better as a pure defensive midfielder) in the future. He's had his best season with Liverpool and was probably their best player last season. £5m is taking the piss - a deal in the £9m range plus lots of addons is a sensible place to start but with Mascherano WUMing the club I don't really see Liverpool wanting to lose Lucas."

"Think there's a lot more to his attacking game than we've seen. Played further forward against one of the weaker teams(can't remember who?) and thought his passing was surprisingly crisp and incisive and he's a very useful runner off the ball."

"Played very well against us at Anfield last season. He's worth more than 5m."

"5 million is a joke fee for him. He was one of the few positives for them this season."

"I agree. Apparently people who saw him play for Gremio and the Brazil youth sides also say he was fantastic. There were definitely a couple of games last season where he was Liverpool's best player but don't expect anyone here to be capable of recognising that.

I remember hearing Tim Vickery once say that Lucas was famed for regularly being the best player in Liverpool training sessions but had difficulty replicating that form in matches.

A move to another league, club and manager could be enough to bring the best out in him... "

"How old is he? 23?

I think he'll turn out to be a quality player.

Hopefully not at Liverpool."

"Yeah, sometimes it just doesn't work at a certain club/league (look at Forlan), but I think Lucas is a decent player now and still has a lot of potential "

"I would pay up to £13M for Leiva. When Liverpool played a midfield three of Lucas, Aquilaini and Gerrard last season, they played very good football. I would sell Mascherano for £30M - he really is not worth is, and give Lucas a permanent position in front of the back four."

Says a lot, that a bunch of Mancs support our young, hard-working, improving players more than some of our own.

LFC- Best/Most Knowledgable fans in the world ©

You can say that Gerrard has done enough to be allowed a bad season. Granted after everything hes done for the club the man has made himself more or less immune to criticism from red supporters especially scouse ones.

But I ask you the question who deserves criticism for having a bad season more

:The Captain of the club and country, experienced player with a team that has been built around him while supporting arguably the best striker in the world.

or the

:Bit part youth player being overused in a formation he's never played in, In a position thats alien to him.

The argument with Gerrard and criticism can go both ways. I think what he's done makes him more susceptible to criticism, not give him a by ball to escape it. If anything that should be given to the youngster learning a new trade.

And what about the injuries he was playing through for large parts of the season Christian?

Or coming back to sharpness after them?

Does every below standard game he had have to be down to attitude, and does every good thing he did do last season have to be forgotten?

Yes he has to carry some blame for last season, but so does nearly everyone else associated with the club.

I'm unconvinced Lucas was actually better anyway, although he is underrated by many. On the positive side Lucas never hid, and it is right to point that out, but why do it by pointing the finger elsewhere?

Yes he was playing through injury. I agree that he didnt look 100 percent fit for alot of games and that has to be taken into account for his poor performances.

But none of lucas's bad performances can be put on bad attitude. Gerrard arguably gave up by November. I dont think lucas is ever gonna be world class either but it just makes me question why Lucas gets so much stick and Gerrard gets so little.

Gerrard's had personal problems in the past 18 months. Couple that with playing under injection for a lot of games and the fact that he was genuinely pissed off with the state of things at the club and all the pressures that come with, then i think his poor season becomes a little more understandable.