You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC Glastonbury Coverage

Vincent Vega

1 hour ago, Nelly-Matip said:

It’s been a great week for Ian Beale. He’s back in Eastenders and now he gets to headline the Pyramid Stage on a Saturday night. 

Axl’s voice is miles away from what it was. 

But, fuck it, I’m actually quite enjoying this. 

I'm the same. Who cares if his voice ain't what it was. Not my thing but they're a great band.

Axel Rose is 61, of course he’s not going to have the vocal range he had in his 20’s to let him hit those ridiculously high notes. 

It is what it is. 

The question for me is there really no better band in the world right now to headline the pyramid stage on the Saturday night? 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

60 year old man can't run anymore and looks shit in a kilt shocker!

Not watched the set but are people really surprised. Singers are the one member of the band that won't go on forever. Especially someone who sings like Axl did. Otis Redding and Janis Joplin both had issues with their vocals due to the strain they put on them,especially Janis and both died before they got to 28. 

It's more the exception if a singer can still get the job done at 50. 

• Upvote 1

A bit shit what they did to Lana Del Ray. I've no idea why she was half an hour late but to just cut her sound system off with 20 minutes of her set to go was a proper kick in the guts for her fans. It's not like they needed the stage for the next act as she was on last. Proper cuntish. 

7 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

In the nicest possible way he needs to fuck off for a while.

The number of clips I've seen where he just can't perform and relies on the crowd to drag the performance through is nuts.

It's not fair to him or the people who pay to watch him. 

Agree that he needs to take a long break. He took 3 weeks I think but that clearly wasn't enough. Maybe 6 months out of the limelight. I don't know how you treat that condition. Maybe some form of coping strategies and counselling perhaps. 

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

A bit shit what they did to Lana Del Ray. I've no idea why she was half an hour late but to just cut her sound system off with 20 minutes of her set to go was a proper kick in the guts for her fans. It's not like they needed the stage for the next act as she was on last. Proper cuntish. 

They have a curfew. Licensing stuff. One for the jobsworths thread probably. 

Watching Manic Street Preachers on iPlayer. I used to be a massive Manics fan, their early stuff is brilliant. I’m not enjoying this set. Not what they are playing, even some later songs are good, it just doesn’t sound good. Sounds very sloppy & overblown. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

This is the biggest festival in the world, the brand is worth millions. The whole thing rests on a flimsy paper foundation of the local council giving planning permission every year and a key condition of that consent  will be the times they can have acts on the main stage. They’re not going to risk that permission becuase one mid tier act couldn’t turn up on time.

I hate people who turn up late for stuff, selfish wankers making everyone else wait becuase their time is more important than ours. I bet she doesn’t get asked back. 

Jesus Christ, they’d have been better giving them an hour at the legends spot this afternoon…

At least 8 songs from that should be cut. 

IMG_9429.png

IMG_9430.jpeg

Of course Dave Grohl got himself onstage. He’s a bad smell who just won’t fuck off. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

A curfew for the sake of 20 minutes at a festival where stuff is open all night. Yep, jobsworth bastards. 

You work with curfews all the time with outdoor gigs. She’d have known the rules beforehand. 

Only her fault for being 30minutes late and only getting to do half your set. Get your hair done earlier in the day, which is an absolutely ridiculous excuse for a headline slot at Glastonbury.

Very dickish thing to do to your own fans. Even Axl Rose could turn up on time.

Silly girl

• Upvote 1