You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pepe's wonderful. (Incidentally, apart from Sammy Lee's interview about him, LFCTV had a great little feature on the brilliant fans supporting the team before the match - I hope Sky see it, as they only ever seem to interview people from London when they go to the ground!)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pepe's wonderful. (Incidentally, apart from Sammy Lee's interview about him, LFCTV had a great little feature on the brilliant fans supporting the team before the match - I hope Sky see it, as they only ever seem to interview people from London when they go to the ground!)

It was good to hear scouse accents by everyone interviewed, it made a pleasant change.

Oh, and the save he made from the free header last night (when Crouch was penalized for getting raped by Kyrgiakos) was absolutely stunning.

Agreed. I also liked his save from Jenas' shot. He was going the other way and the ball was curling away from him, he just got his hand up and punched it over.

My mate lives in Mallorca, he says it's always the same commentator for our games and he always goes mental over Reina.

"RRRRRRREINA RRRRREINA RRRRRREINA!!!"

is my most favourite person ever. An absolutely top class goalkeeper, a top fella and a fucking brilliant monk. Some of the saves he makes are out of this world, the way he dealt with Stoke's alehouse football with relative ease the other day really impressed me as well.

He started off fairly average with people getting on his back but he's grown into the best, no doubt about it.

saw this on the offal and it just proper got to me,

"There is not enough praise for our supporters. To see them showing their support when we arrived was massive. We try to intregrate our supporters into everything we do because they are part of what we are doing.

"It was really emotional for us to see them singing and supporting us as always. The players certainly appreciated it. Pepe Reina came up to me in the dressing room and he was very emotional. He said this wouldn't happen at any other football club and it meant a lot to everybody.

He clearly loves this club and probably shows the most raw passion after Carragher.

It's a sad indication of the football in this country that a goalkeeper of his quality is ONLY JUST being recognised as the best on a wider scale.

Hope he's number one for years and years. TOP TOP MAN.

I agree mate Pepe never gets the recognition and never will when you have wankers like Lawrenson commentating, Tuesday night he said "Given, he's probably the best 'keeper in the league, and that includes Joe Hart". Joe fucking Hart, seriously you fucking arse feeling cunt?

As long as we know he's boss and we keep singing PEPE REINA PEPE REINA HEY HEY! He'll know we appreciate him and will love it.

I gave up looking for the press to call any of our players the best in the world a LONG time ago.

If he played for Yernited people like Henry fucking Winter would be piling the tissues up.

REINA HITS THE £23M LIVERPOOL JACKPOT

By Chris Bascombe, 23/01/2010

PEPE REINA is close to signing a new five-year deal at Anfield.

Liverpool opened talks with the keeper earlier this month and have put a £23million package on the table.

The deal would put Reina on around £90,000 a week. The club expect an agreement to be reached shortly with the player having already committed his future to the Merseysiders.

Reina's current deal runs until 2012, so his new terms will represent a three-year extension.

His salary hike will reflect his rise to what his manager and team-mates describe as 'world number one' status.

Reina had been coveted by both Barcelona and Atletico Madrid in recent years, but despite some homesickness issues earlier in his Anfield career he's now well settled on Merseyside.

A club spokesman told Sport of the World: "Pepe's deal will reflect his position as an outstanding Liverpool player. A five-year contract will reflect how highly he is thought of by everyone at the club. We know he wants to stay and we want to keep him, so now talks have begun on schedule we don't expect any problems."

Although the American owners continue to court criticism for their running of the club, there can be no questioning their financial commitment to retaining the current squad.

Reina will join Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres, Dirk Kuyt, Daniel Agger and Yossi Benayoun in signing lucrative deals over the last six months.

Liverpool point out the combined cost of those deals is well in excess of £100m over the course of their contracts. That's aside from the manager's own contract worth £25m.

REINA HITS THE £23M LIVERPOOL JACKPOT | News Of The World