You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Big European Adventure - ideas?

theghost

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dont get me wrong i agree with all that it was just as soon as I got off the train there I just got a weird vibe.

God knows what it was.

I got loads off the hostel owner (the fascist twat) for wearing my CCCP tshirt so maybe i could feel it coming in my waters.

In fairness, I can see why that might have antagonised him.

In fairness, I can see why that might have antagonised him.

Only because he was a pure nationalist. I wore it round and no one even looked at me the wrong way. He said to us his life ethos was, country first family second.

He'd of collaborated with the Nazi's given the chance and a time machine.

Mid June

Ta mate.

Going to try and rally the troops.

Only because he was a pure nationalist. I wore it round and no one even looked at me the wrong way. He said to us his life ethos was, country first family second.

He'd of collaborated with the Nazi's given the chance and a time machine.

Fair enough.

He sounds a prick, but I could understand anybody taking offence to somebody wearing a t-shirt of a country that employed one of the worst dictatorships in the whole of Europe in their own home.

I know it's obviously different, but my mate's brother took a lot of shit when he went out round Barcelona for wearing a Spain shirt with Torres on the back.

I know no offence is meant on the part of the wearer, but I can see why it would wind some up.

Oh aye, but winding up people like him doesnt really bother me.

He wasnt doing it because of being anti-soviet dictatorship he did it cos he was a nationalistic shitbag!

I wore it loads of eastern european places and he was the only person.

I know yeah, was just saying. As I said, sounds a prick.

No. October will be dead.

You might catch the closing parties at the very beginning of September.

The closing parties are towards the end of September. It's one of the best months to be in Ibiza.

Ours was the 24th September and there were a few more after us like Space.

Okay, plans are (relatively) set. Now, I need advice on hostelry in the following cities. Cheap would be good, but comfort and location are key. Cities are:

Rome

Zurich

Munich

Berlin

Paris

Barcelona

Madrid

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I find this deeply disappointing. Not a single Eastern Europe stop? Cheap, fun, comfortable are totally what Eastern Europe is aboot. I say jib Zurich, Paris and Rome and replace them with Budapest, Krakow and Riga.

As for your hostels, there are a number of hostel review sites if no-one here can recommend any.

I find this deeply disappointing. Not a single Eastern Europe stop? Cheap, fun, comfortable are totally what Eastern Europe is aboot. I say jib Zurich, Paris and Rome and replace them with Budapest, Krakow and Riga.

As for your hostels, there are a number of hostel review sites if no-one here can recommend any.

Diff'rent strokes though, Rem. For Yanks coming over to tour Europe Paris and Rome are going to be big draws.

You back home now?

Diff'rent strokes though, Rem. For Yanks coming over to tour Europe Paris and Rome are going to be big draws.

You back home now?

Sadly I am.

Rome is probably ace, it was just shit circumstances when I was there.

Seriously though, somewhere in the East has to be done, maybe Croatia for the sun, beaches, prices and good times...

Eastern Europe is so ace that I'd happily move there... if I could find a well paying job (which I wouldn't be able to)

Do what I did. My girlfriend got a job in the english school in Bratislava, I gave up my job in the UK and am a man of leisure. Sod that getting a job lark. Get the missus to do all the work. And yes its hard getting a job over here not that I've been trying too hard.