You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton...Ha, ha, ha...

Lucky Pierre

We're all laughing at Everton!

bluekipper.com - Everton's New Away Kit 2009/2010

COMPOSE A SPECIAL HAKA FOR THE BLUE BOYS!

OSMAN-in-new-away-kit1.jpg

As Everton gets set to launch the brand new away kit for the 2009/10 season on 6th August, Blue Kipper devotees are being exclusively invited to help celebrate this exciting event.

The new kit, which is all black and decorated with pink lightning horizontal stripes, will be worn in public for the first time by a troop of Maori dancers who will perform a ceremonial Haka in ‘All Black’ style to mark the occasion.

We would like to invite the Blue Kipper faithful to write a six line verse for the Everton Haka which will be performed by the dance troop at the official launch, which will take place at Everton Two @ Liverpool One in Liverpool City Centre on Thursday 6th August at 1pm.

The winning composer will be invited down to see their Haka being performed and also receive the brand new, dynamic Everton away kit for the 2009/10 season.

The new playing strip, created by Le Coq Sportif and Everton's retail partner Kitbag Ltd, boasts a futuristic design which takes its inspiration from one of the first kits ever worn by Everton Football Club in the late nineteenth century when they were known as the Black Watch.

In addition to the event at Everton Two @ Liverpool One, the Maori dance troop will also be performing at the Everton One store at Goodison Park at 3.00pm on Thursday 6th August.

The new away kit will be available to buy from 6th August from Everton One and Everton Two and also online from evertondirect.com.

To enter, email your six line verse to enquiries@bluekipper.com by 10am on Tuesday 4th August 2009. The winner will be required to take part in publicity.

All Black? Can they not see the gay pink lines?

Guest davelfc
I've heard they are doing this Haka as the teams come out on Saturday

They're still trying to sell match tickets on Radio City today, people's club my arse!

Not related to the kit or the haka but I see Moyes used a somewhat unfortunate choice of words in this interview about the ongoing Lescott to City saga:

David Moyes attacks Manchester City for 'twisting' Joleon Lescott's head.

David Moyes has told the Manchester City manager Mark Hughes that it is he who makes the decisions at Goodison Park and reiterated that Joleon Lescott is not for sale.

Hughes hinted yesterday that he would go above Moyes' head in his pursuit of the England defender by suggesting City "were in conversations with the people who ultimately make the decisions at Everton".

But Moyes said today: "Lescott has had his head twisted in all of this. I hear that City think they are talking to people who make the decisions here, well that's me.

"I make the decisions, they have not talked to me and the player has been consistently told he is not for sale. He should get his head around that and get on with his career."

Link

Pink is normally a woman's colour.

It's hard to do it in English because it doesn't feel like a haka.

Do you have permission to use the haka?

We thought we'd get some All Blacks in.... ....these are not All Blacks.

Quite.