You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Its amazing isnt it, Liverpool must have the oldest poulation on the planet, think there is a fountin of youth in town or something. The average age of a season ticket holder is 86

In all fairness though some of them do look good!! 86 years old and not a wrinkle!!!

I can see where you are coming from, I can't see that continuing to be honest.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a nice example, an example few would begrudge. But I bet it's a rare example, and as such one that would probably be given special consideration.

Maybe you do that by giving first refusal match-by-match on that seat to the surviving grandparent until their time comes too.

personally speaking If I had been on the waiting list for up to ten years I would be prising it from his cold dead hands!!

I haven't joined the Belong scheme, have i lost my last 5 years CL credits then?

Pretty much, you're on the same level as everyone on the Belong scheme.

European atmospheres aren't the same as they were anyway, not quiet or anything but nothing like in 2004/2005 before all the band wagoners came back.

European atmospheres aren't the same as they were anyway, not quiet or anything but nothing like in 2004/2005 before all the band wagoners came back.

If i joined the belong scheme will i get to keep my credits?

I know what you mean about European games now. Very few games will be ever be as good as them nights though.

Even though we were shit in the league that season, i remember it as my favourite season for them European nights. Every night in town after them games was brilliant too. Athough we were decent at home in the league.

Decent read, thanks.

So does mean RTK have ceased? Similar issues were discussed among RTK and with the club in 2007 and I remember issues such as catering being discussed on the RTK message board.

In fact, way back in 2002 ish these sort of issues were brought up by ILSA (Independent Liverpool Supporters Association) who no longer exist.

How much of SOS is going to be concerned with these issues in the future?

I've been quick enough to criticise when I think SOS have not done things right so it only fair I give some credit for this.

I think they could have been a little more pressing on certain issues. ie: the reason reserve games cant be played at Anfield. Did anyone notice the condition of the pitch at the last game Vs Spurs ? It was almost in as good a condition as it was at the beginning at the start of the season.

The other was the ST waiting list. IA just confirmed what we already knew. He didn't explain how the list was structured. If the list is 65.000 are those who have been on the list longest to get first option. I've heard tales of the list being in bands and when people call the club to ask their position on the list they cant get a straight answer.

The only other thing that I found odd in IAs answers was this.

If this was true.

"IA stated that LFC already have 500 adult child tickets made available for Premier League games. Interestingly, and somewhat surprisingly, these sell out slower than any other type of ticket"

Why would they be looking to do this if the new ground is ever built. (The part in bold)

He indicated in that email exchange that having analyzed the scheme over the last year, it was clear that over 25% had bought no tickets, and over 50% had bought less than 2-3 tickets. This indicates that a large number of members are getting either all games or regular access to a base of 5000 tickets. The club feels that in an effort to give more fans more access to more tickets they should put these 5000 tickets into a membership sale, this amalgamation means the 50,000 members and 10,000 PTS members can all have the chance to acquire these tickets. "The club also said that it envisaged around 1000 of the 5000 being earmarked as additional adult/child allocations which increases the clubs adult child by 200%"

It doesn't make sense.

Anyway thanks for whoever took the time and effort to type all that out. Now if we could just have more of the same communication and a concerted effort in attempting to oust our owners and Moores.

Don't think even if you join you get to keep them. Not sure really. I think if you have a Fancard now anyone in that scheme has the same rights as you do.

I think you will keep them, the PTS sheme didnt have any priority over fan card holders for the CL games. Probably be the same as last season, need to have gone to 5 games last season, then 3, then 1, like it was this season.

The problem is that the PTS holders now have the same right as the belonged members for PL tickets, which is the unfair part.

DD the extra 1000 tickets will start from next season, taken from the PTS scheme. That confused me aswell, so they probably wont sell these out and go in the general sell
It just doesn't make sense. If you had a business and something wasn't selling to well, would your order more of it ?

LL, I didn't say SOS hadn't done well just the opposite. I was just pointing out that the reason given by IA regarding reserve games at Anfield seemed a bit of a brush off given the condition of the pitch at the end of the season.

If i joined the belong scheme will i get to keep my credits?

I know what you mean about European games now. Very few games will be ever be as good as them nights though.

Even though we were shit in the league that season, i remember it as my favourite season for them European nights. Every night in town after them games was brilliant too. Athough we were decent at home in the league.

I didn't get to them games due to having to pay a frigging loan back which I was roped into by my ex. The slag!!!

I didn't get my fancard until January 2006 so I missed out on 2005/2006 as well until the bloody Fulham home game. Paid the loan off by then ;)

I enjoyed the 2006/2007 European Home games. Went to every single one and was lucky enough to get a ticket for Athens in the ballot. The group stage was pretty quiet with the occasional prick chanting "EASY EASY EASY!!!" although the Galatasaray game was pretty darn awesome. The noise level increased obviously for the Barca game. Fuck me I lost my voice before kick off that night. PSV was shite as the job was already done but Chelsea was something else.

I didn't enjoy Athens purely because I had gobshites asking me why I was there because I wasn't from Liverpool. That really does get my goat that one. We're all Liverpool fans and I have been since being a very young boy.

However, changing things very quickly, going to the Season Ticket issue. I applied for the list last year and recieved no letter telling me I was on it or anything. Does anybody know what the script is now with applying? I think, if I remember rightly, you can now only put your name on the list if you're a member now.

It'll have changed to suit with the clubs new "Moving the Goalposts" philosophy no doubt when they go back on sale in July.

Now this may be an outrageously stupid question. But is there any proof to back up Ian Ayre's answers?

Or are we just taking his word for them?

I just think some of those answers are bullshit. Maybe I'm a cynical fuck.

Like the 20 or 30 ST's that are handed in per season.

I have never ever heard of a person on the waiting list's number finally coming up.

Never. Has anyone? Genuine question. I just don't think it happens.

I also don't believe the bit about supporters clubs not getting any portion of away match tickets. The ammount of Cockney reds you see at any game in the capital suggest otherwise.

However, changing things very quickly, going to the Season Ticket issue. I applied for the list last year and recieved no letter telling me I was on it or anything. Does anybody know what the script is now with applying? I think, if I remember rightly, you can now only put your name on the list if you're a member now.

It'll have changed to suit with the clubs new "Moving the Goalposts" philosophy no doubt when they go back on sale in July.

When I applied about 10 years ago I didn't get a reply but I did write in a letter about 3/4 years ago making sure I was still on it. They replied with yes but couldnt tell me where I was in the list. It might be worth just writing in to make sure your on it, but if it was recent, within the last 2 years, you have 60,000 other fans before you, your unlikely to get one.

Also you have to be a member now to be on the waiting list, not sure if you stop being a member one season you might lose your posistion, I'm guess not but wouldnt be surprised if the club did that.

A pen,badge and a fucking gigantic phone bill from ringing for tickets.

That's shite that to be fair. Because of my current living situation, I can only get to about 6/7 games a season so to pay £29 just for an opportunity to get a ticket really isn't viable for someone like me.

If I was still living at home and looking to attend a lot of games then maybe it would be worth it, but...

That's shite that to be fair. Because of my current living situation, I can only get to about 6/7 games a season so to pay £29 just for an opportunity to get a ticket really isn't viable for someone like me.

If I was still living at home and looking to attend a lot of games then maybe it would be worth it, but...

You're same as me then.

Them bills and everything always cuts my chances of games down.

Also, not to be disheartened by the pen, keyring and notebook you also get a Steven Gerrard DVD which probably lasts about 5 minutes and someone will have uploaded to Youtube anyway.

Like the 20 or 30 ST's that are handed in per season.

I have never ever heard of a person on the waiting list's number finally coming up.

Never. Has anyone? Genuine question. I just don't think it happens.

I know someone who got one in 2004 and another in 2006.

Not sure how long either had been on the list though.