You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In one thread someone says Appiah is better than Essien and in this one Senna is shit.

This place is cuckoo.

He's certainly not shit. My dispute was where you said he was as good as or better than Alonso. Firstly he's a different type of player and not directly comparable, even though he occupies a similar place on the pitch. Secondly, he just isn't. And I'm no Xabi disciple, irregardless of my beard.

Hi Peeps,

Ian Ayre is on his way to Madrid to finalise the Alonso transfer. Xabi will not travel with the squad to Asia.

The fee is not yet clear but it should be upwards of 25 million quid. The original decision was to hold out for 30, but time is a vital factor in re-shaping the first team, and Rafa felt he needed to act quickly.

The complete funds will be given to Rafa to re-invest, on top of what he already has.

Xabi has made it clear that he will no longer play for Liverpool (or Benitez I guess), and with that in mind, there was no alternative. He wanted to leave. Whether it's because of what happened last season is unclear, but it's a move back to his home country, it's Real's new galactico era and so it must have been really tempting for him.

One of my favourite players, and the memories of watching him controlling games at Anfield will stay with me forever.

On a positive note, negotiations have begun on the Chief's new contract. He should sign a new three year deal which sees him double his wages.

If you are correct I have to say its so fucking refreshing to see Liverpool FC acting like a proper football club again, Go to Madrid get the deal, fuck the player off and buy players who want to play for the club. Back to the good old days, I wonder If Kenny had an input into this and pointed out LFC never hold onto players than dont want to play for the club. If true tha club is defo getting its act together off the pitch

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
If you are correct I have to say its so fucking refreshing to see Liverpool FC acting like a proper football club again, Go to Madrid get the deal, fuck the player off and buy players who want to play for the club. Back to the good old days, I wonder If Kenny had an input into this and pointed out LFC never hold onto players than dont want to play for the club. If true tha club is defo getting its act together off the pitch

By bending over to Madrid

Are you for real?

I really really like Senna but we'd only get two years, three tops, out of him.

he would cost nothing maybe 2m or so and in two years hopefully Spearing or one of the youngsters will be ready you never know it could be On No heres comes Selwyn Lucas.

Nick, you are the strangest person I've ever happened upon.

Paintball dude?

I should be able to, but I won't know for definite until I go back to work next week. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

No worries

Let's see if I understand the logic of the anti-Rafa orthodoxy. If Rafa holds unto someone who was considered by some to be "the best player" last year, he is not following TLW. But if he lets him go then the credit for following TLW should go to Kenny - or anyone but Rafa.

Also, why would the selling club visit the buying club to arrange a transfer?

I love Xabi and obvioiusly dont want anything bad for him.

But really, we should be in the driving seat here.

Not Madrid or Xabi himself.

What's he gonna do if Rafa say no to Real's offer ?

He's got a long contract, this is a world cup season.

It's not like he'll play like shite if we refuse to sell him.

Jesus, some hysteria because alonso wants to leave! Why are some people so angry when a player wants to leave? I just dont get it. Act all upset when you're under 18 but adults? Have a word with yerselves.

We dont know what the fee will be but £25m for alonso is a good number. £35m - £30m would be good if we could get it but there's no way he's worth that especially after we hawked him around Europe for £16m last season.

Thanks for the games Xabi, wish you were staying but if your heart's no longer here, better to ship out.

Jesus, some hysteria because alonso wants to leave! Why are some people so angry when a player wants to leave? I just dont get it. Act all upset when you're under 18 but adults? Have a word with yerselves.

We dont know what the fee will be but £25m for alonso is a good number. £35m - £30m would be good if we could get it but there's no way he's worth that especially after we hawked him around Europe for £16m last season.

Thanks for the games Xabi, wish you were staying but if your heart's no longer here, better to ship out.

For somebody who doesn't understand the hysteria, your post is class.

I personally think that we should be negotiating swap deal for Xabi and a few Madrid players.

Given the crazy fees being asked for players at present, we could get Robben, Negrado and Sneijder for example in exchange for Xabi and Arbeloa (if he's still wants to fuck off).

This would give us the opportunity to sort out and strengthen some key positions and our squad without spending any money.

We should try and get Van der vaart or preferably Sneijder as part of any deal. Madrid have got a huge squad now and don't seem to have sold anyone yet.Who would be the right sort of replacement for Xabi?

Sneijder would be my first choice with only Van der Vaart or possibly Cambiasso good enough in my opinion.

Well we got no choice

All the girls and boys

Makin all that noise

'Cause they found new toys

Well we can't salute ya

Can't find a flag

If that don't suit ya

That's a drag

School's out for summer

School's out forever

School's been blown to pieces

No more pencils