You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa`s rant had the effect that every decision is against us. Stoke players have been barging into us from all angles unpunished. When we do the same it`s a free kick.

Im off for tonight, as I am afraid i`ll say something i`ll regret. Rafa`s reluctance to take off Kuyt no matter how useless he plays, match out and match in, is starting making me really dislike Kuyt. He doesnt deserve it, at it`s not his fault. But he is frustrating the life out of me due to his inability to play football.

Terrible, and now the press are going to be writing about how Rafa put too much pressure on them with his press conferance.

Our midfield was shite. We were outfought and out played in midfield. Lucas and masch were shite. (I don't think having Maradona in the stands helped). Gerrard wasn't much better and wasn't anywhere near his all action self. Torres came on and we never got the fuckin' ball to him!!

We badly missed the composure of Agger bringing the ball out of defence and of Alonso.

I really fear this was our chance and we may rue this now. Basically it's in the Mancs hands now.

Turgid shite of a performance.

I usually back Lucas all the time, but today he was shite.

Rafa got the team wrong IMO, Yossi should never have been on that pitch, far too lightweight for teams of the strength, and 'grittyness' of Stoke City.

The point we dropped at home in December/November are coming back to haunt us.

Now I wish Rafa had just shut up yesterday. Ferguscum is right, we don't have the nerve to win the league title while they're breathing down our neck. This is the umpteenth time this season we've failed to take advantage of one of our rivals slipping up - and one of ManUre or Chelsea will slip up tomorrow. Gutted.

The pill would be easier to swallow had we had our best players on the pitch, rather we had £40m worth of strikers on the bench today. I bet Stoke would have been lifted by the team sheet at 5pm today. Whiskey nose will be chuckling tonight.

Perhaps Rafa might reflect the pressure he's heaped on his own players with yesterday's chat to the press. I hope he reflects on his team selection today, especially his criminal persistence in using the Premiership's worst attacking player in Kuyt. Honestly, I'd rather have Kitson or the other one on display. They'd bring more to the team. Lucas was the same today. It's not the end of the world, but Rafa's persistence with playing out-of-form or just shit players may cost us.

Biggest anti-climax ever. Was anyone at all interested out there? These are games that feed your title challenge. We don't deserve to win the title as we put in too many gutless performances. The only reason we're top is because for once our main competitors are dropping points.

If our competitors were playing like they have been in the previous 3 or 4 seasons then we'd not be top. Therefore I wonder if we actually have improved enough to challenge?

Absolutely horrific performance today, the most disgraceful thing was we didn't look any better than Stoke rather on the same level as them.

Performances time and again like these re-affirm my belief that we'll never win the title under Rafa, you could give him Messi, Zidane, Cruyff, Kaka and we would still churn that inept, depressing, defensive shite out on a regular basis.

That performance had nothing to do with the manager's rant yesterday. Just look back over the last 20 odd games and there's plenty of examples where we've looked just as clueless. The problem is the same one we've had all season - we look average against well organised sides that put more emphasis on stopping us scoring than scoring themselves. Fair play to Stoke, having said that, as it wasn't exactly 10 men behind the ball stuff from them.

Depressing as fuck that is though. You can slag Stoke off for relying on one tactic to make chances, but, on that showing, they looked to have one more than we did.