You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brownie and George: maybe I am wrong about him not liking the price.

I still think he's been a massive let-down to Rafa more than to us though. A busted flush, as I said. He should have made the difference for us up front in all these shitty draws but he's been thoroughly fucking shite so far.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brownie and George: maybe I am wrong about him not liking the price.

I still think he's been a massive let-down to Rafa more than to us though. A busted flush, as I said. He should have made the difference for us up front in all these shitty draws but he's been thoroughly fucking shite so far.

I agree that he hasn't been as good as I expected he would be. He's done enough recently to be picked today though, i'm sorry but he has.

Keane has scored three goals in his last two Premiership games. He should have been in the team today based on that, IMO.

Yet he's been dropped and will probably struggle for consistency in his next few games because of it, which will lead to more abuse. Rafa doesn't know how to handle players at times.

I think he benched himself at Preston Brownie, although you may have a point about the Newcastle game. Hard to complain about that one though.

Should have come on at half time to play alongside Kuyt, without a shadow of a doubt. Still can't believe we only used two subs in a game like that.

Why did we look tired for the whole of the match, I mean we haven't played since last weekend so I couldn't work that one out. We didn't look 'up' for this game one bit, and the players have actually made Rafa look like a bit of tit now after yesterdays events.

We needed a bullish statement from the team today, but all we got was bull shit!

keane played well and scored against arsenal and bolton. it finally looked like he was gonna start playin well. as soon as kuyt got taken off against bolton i knew keane would be dropped against newcastle. he didnt even get a run late on.

no wonder he didnt play well against preston. can you imagine kuyt getting treated like that? dont think so

As far as I'm concerned the manager has the final decision. He might well have thought t was over priced but he still wanted him. Why? He looks totally and uttely out of place. The whole transfer strategy last summer was a shambles. We had and have one the strongest spine's in world football. Why on earth we're we looking to spend most of our money in those areas. Riera looks a decent buy BUT we still need/needed much more from the flanks.

Xabi's form this season is an absolute blessing. He's been our best player, however we are still totally and utterly reliant on either Gerrard or Torres to provide any attacking quality. We despertaly need a 3rd person of their calibre. Someone who will fit into the system that worled so well towards the end of last season. Why on earth did Rafa feel the need to change that is beyond me too.

Prior to this season I had been to virtually every single game under Rafa and by a mile we looked most comfortable and balanced in the last few months of last season. The two holding midfielders gave us stability and a tough to beat shape. Gerrard and Torres were looking more and more like a modern Dalglish & Rush. All we needed was another to provide the threat they do. We need a Barnes to go with our Beardsley & Aldridge.

I've rambled and will stop now.

Spot on .. :whistle:

Keane has been as poor as I expected. I also believe that I also believe that Torres prefers to play upfront on his own, which is why i was against the signing in the first place. Wasn't keen on Villa either.

Nando likes the space, Keane and Villa get in the fuckin way .. :whistle:

I think he benched himself at Preston Brownie, although you may have a point about the Newcastle game. Hard to complain about that one though.

Should have come on at half time to play alongside Kuyt, without a shadow of a doubt. Still can't believe we only used two subs in a game like that.

His finishing was poor against Preston but it was still good to see him in those positions. He scored a great goal against Arsenal, then two against Bolton and was dropped. Not even used against Newcastle, who were there for the taking as well. N'Gog was brought on AHEAD of him.

Then he looked lacking in confidence in front of goal against Preston. Do people not see a direct correlation? He was not given a run today (again). It's fucking awful treatment of a good player from the manager. I'm sorry but it is.

If he starts against Everton and misses a couple of chances, will people be surpised? I won't, his confidence must be in pieces because he knows the manager doesn't want him.

We should all be here proclaiming how fucking great we are tonight but here we are yet again bemoaning Rafa's decision-making and he only has himself to blame.

At least Keane gets in the positions. Riera put a great ball across the six yard box and Kuyt, the ONE up top, was on the edge of the eighteen yard box ambling.

Why's he trying to play second striker when he's up top by himself?

Hhis confidence must be in pieces because he knows the manager doesn't want him.

But this is the manager who fucked up blowing £20M on him? Something's not right with that assertion Brownie. Fact is, he would be playing all the time if he had made the shirt his own. If Rafa's lost belief in him, it is because he has not performed as expected.

Carragher did not shower himself in glory today either.

I thought he had a good game personally. He has every right to be pissed off tonight because he knows we got it wrong.

A point i'd like to make about todays game, is in comparison to the Mancs against Stoke the other week. They didn't play well at all but in the last ten minutes they were all over them and threw loads of players forward in search of a goal.

I was sat on the coach in my dads saying that they were gonna score any minute. We, on the other hand, just ambled along in the exact same way as the previous 80 minutes. No change in the shape, no adventure, no balls.

But this is the manager who fucked up blowing £20M on him? Something's not right with that assertion Brownie. Fact is, he would be playing all the time if he had made the shirt his own. If Rafa's lost belief in him, it is because he has not performed as expected.

3 goals in his last 2 Premiership games!

A point i'd like to make about todays game, is in comparison to the Mancs against Stoke the other week. They didn't play well at all but in the last ten minutes they were all over them and threw loads of players forward in search of a goal.

I was sat on the coach in my dads saying that they were gonna score any minute. We, on the other hand, just ambled along in the exact same way as the previous 80 minutes. No change in the shape, no adventure, no balls.

Agreed. The players have to take part of the blame for that though. They AND the manager dropped a massive bollock today.

I thought he had a good game personally. He has every right to be pissed off tonight because he knows we got it wrong.

Thought the same myself.

Fergie brought on two strikers didn't he? Swapped the full backs for strikers too, I think.

Spot on .. :whistle:

I think he's in and out of the side because he's been shite, Benitez sticks with the players he trusts like Carra, Gerrard and Torres but Keane's done nothing to earn his trust.

He was excellent against PSV and then left as an unused sub while we drew with Hull. He then scored 3 goals in a week and was benched for the next game. And with the Newcastle win sewn up after 60 minutes, Rafa opted to give David fucking Ngog a run out ahead of him. It's terrible man-management for someone like Keane since he's always been heavily reliant on confidence and momentum. Rafa may not like these types of players but he knew this before signing him.