You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dog Chaser

Walcott is a redman according to wikipedia...

Walcott and his father are both Liverpool fans. Walcott has never hidden the fact that he's a massive Liverpool supporter and even when Chelsea laid out the red carpet for him as a youngster, he used the opportunity to meet his real idols: "I was playing in a tournament for Swindon when Southampton and Chelsea showed an interest," recalls Walcott. "Chelsea invited me to be a ball-boy for a game against Liverpool and it was fantastic to meet my heroes Michael Owen and Robbie Fowler."

"I was a Liverpool fan simply because my dad followed them. Unfortunately I wasn't born when the team had their golden era, but I enjoyed watching the likes of Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler and Steve McManaman when I was growing up. When Liverpool won the Champions League last year, I went mad. I was shouting so loud I think I woke up the entire village where I live!". Despite these ties to Liverpool, Walcott is a fan favourite at Arsenal.

Inter coul Sign Eboué For Free

With his contract running out at the end of the season, Arsenal's Emmanuel Eboué may follow in the footsteps of Mathieu Flamini and move to Italy on a free transfer.

Around a year ago, Milan managed to sign an important young player like Mathieu Flamini from Arsenal on a free transfer, as the Frenchman's contract ran out last summer. This was considered a major coup, and Gunners coach Arsene Wenger was obviously displeased.

This scenario could repeat itself soon, as according to IlReca.it, another Gunner could be heading to Milan in the near future, but this time to Inter. The player in question is 25-year-old wing back Emmanuel Eboué, whose contract is also expiring next summer, and who is rumoured to be on the lookout for a new club.

Inter have no real replacement for Brazilian ace Maicon in the right back role, and that is why they are keen on bringing in the Ivorian international.

Estudiantes defender Marcos Angeleri has also been linked to a January move to the Italian champions, but the Arsenal man may be seen as a more appealing signing due to his versatility, and because he has a EU passport thanks to his part-Belgian nationality.

Manchester City Set Sights On Juventus Star Trezeguet?

The Eastlands club could be set to make a shock move for Juventus’ David Trezeguet according to the latest reports.

The most prolific foreign striker in the history of the Juventus football club, David Trezeguet, has spent the large part of the season on the sidelines, as a result of injury.

He underwent surgery back in September after picking up a serious knee tendon injury on matchday one of the Champions League, when Juventus marked their return to the competition with a 1-0 victory over Zenit St. Petersburg.

The Frenchman had an operation on both knees to repair the damage that hampered his pre-season and early rounds of the current season, and it was immediately expected that he would return in the New Year.

Having only just returned to training in the past few days, the striker is said to be doing well and making good progress, as he nears a comeback.

According to the latest reports from the site football.fr however, his potential return could be in Manchester City colours, as it has been reported that the English club could be prepared to offer the Bianconeri a sum of around €22 million to secure the player’s services.

It is said that the Eastlands club are aware of the fact that the Frenchman may have difficulty finding a spot in the Juventus starting eleven, upon his return from injury, as he will have to contend with the likes of Alessandro Del Piero, Amauri, Vincenzo Iaquinta and Sebastian Giovinco, who are all in impressive form.

For that reason, the English side have given themselves a good chance of succeeding in their quest to sign the player, despite the fact that they are languishing in the bottom half of the Premier League table.

These reports from football.fr only remain rumours at this stage, and unless there are any formal discussions or statements made, it is highly unlikely that a player, who has scored an incredible 130 times in just over 200 appearances, would walk away from a club.

Tottenham hand trial to Ghanaian Appiah

The Independent is reporting claims that Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has handed a lifeline to Stephen Appiah, with the Ghanaian midfielder set to start training with Spurs on Monday.

The 28-year-old left Fenerbahce in such manner that any proposed deal could be held up due to legal wranglings.

However, should he impress Redknapp there's reportedly an initial short-term contract until the end of the season on offer for him.

They won't sign Trezeguet I don't think.

No chance at all he's too good would want champs league football if he was gonna move he not the money grabbing type or he would have moved when Chelsea were after him.

No chance at all he's too good would want champs league football if he was gonna move he not the money grabbing type or he would have moved when Chelsea were after him.

He's too old to play in the Premiership now. Could see him maybe ending his career in Spain or France if he decides to leave Juve.

He's too old to play in the Premiership now. Could see him maybe ending his career in Spain or France if he decides to leave Juve.

Yeah probs france. Somewhere like Lyon or bodeax.