You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We utterly dominated the game, and I think 2-0 flattered the bitters, but Cahill's sending-off was unjustified, in my opinion, and gives them a whining point.

I'm sure reasonable Blues will say they'd never have won it anyway, and of course they wouldn't, but it's a shame that Riley, who I think had a very good game apart from that, had to blot his copybook with the Cahill decision.

(Nando's goal should still have stood - so I count that as a hat-trick.)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should have got a yellow for his petulance against Arbeloa.

What goes around and all that.

He's still a utter cunt that I would love to torture.

I think he was already on a yellow, so it is a technicality, I suppose, so my point isn't that he shouldn't have been off, it's just that Riley should have done it right, so they couldn't bitch about it endlessly, which you know they will.

Still, all's well that ends well.

(He is a despicable cunt, and deserves the lot.)

I think Riley got it right. Just because it wasn't a two footed jump tackle doesn't mean he didn't try and do Alonso.

And I reckon he was only going to yellow him, but changed his mind because the arrogant little cunt wouldn't come to him when he asked. He did the same thing seconds earlier when he was lucky not to be booked for shoving Arbeloa.

No sympathy for that despicable little dirty diving cunt.

And what about the Yak's dive? Almost s good as the one he produced in last year's fixture.

I think Riley got it right. Just because it wasn't a two footed jump tackle doesn't mean he didn't try and do Alonso.

And I reckon he was only going to yellow him, but changed his mind because the arrogant little cunt wouldn't come to him when he asked. He did the same thing seconds earlier when he was lucky not to be booked for shoving Arbeloa.

No sympathy for that despicable little dirty diving cunt.

And what about the Yak's dive? Almost s good as the one he produced in last year's fixture.

Straight 10s from me for Yak's gold medal. Who the fuck is Tom Daley? The Olympic committee should draft Yakubu in to give him some lessons.

I think the slow replay does Cahill a favour, as it makes it look like he was closer to the ball than he actually was. He'd lost his rag, as witnessed by the little spat with Arbeloa seconds earlier, he got chance to do Alonso and he couldn't help himself, the filthy little fucking rat.

No way was that a red card. I'm sorry but if that was one of our lads we'd be fuming about a straight red, and quite rightly too.

I don't feel sorry for Cahill though the fucking cunt. He should have been sent off for two yellows anyway as he was persistently fouling all game long.

I think Riley was pissed off that he kept ignoring his whistle and walking away when he was clearly summoning him.

It was just a shit house tackle, he didn't go for the ball and set out to injure/hurt Alonso, just because it wasn't a two footed challenge doesn't mean it isn't a red, if he hadn't brought his leg around to the back of Alonso's legs, then I'd say it wasn't a red. Then he walked away, and was telling the ref to fuck off which is a booking in itself. Fuck him and fuck his massive fod.

Raising his hands to Arbeloa was so it evened itself out.

I don't want anyone to think for a second that I don't think Tim Cahill is a dirty, fouling piece of shit – I do – but I'm not sure where the rules stand on referees totting up a player's behaviour throughout the match in their head and, essentially, saying: That tackle from THIS player deserves a yellow card, but that tackle from THAT player deserves a red.

Of course it's human nature, and the likes of Robbie Savage, Cahill and so on carry their reputations with them, and I'm sure that influences referees, but I think it's hard for refs to view each incident objectively.

Cahill is still a cunt.