You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Great OOT Debate

23_Carra_Gold

Don't mind too much as long as you conduct yourself in the right way at the match. Although to be honest, I do think everyone should support their local team.

Prety much how I feel,It does take the piss though when your sat anywear in and around the Annie road end and there isn't a Scouse accent 2 be heard anywere! We were taking the piss out the mancs 4 this not so long ago,and now were just as bad.I think a lot of the OOT support need educating,2 many times last season I heard Irish/wools trying 2 start Soccer AM style songs which allmost caught on around areas of the ground.There were a few Irish flags creeping in aswell last season,that has 2 stop aswell! KFS!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im an OOT,i live in Ireland,and as 23 carra said it is financially impossible to go to games,over here the travel agents charge 500 euro for a day trip midweek,im delighted that most of you are so welcoming towards usyou get most pricks from London who support us because were in different country yet im live closer to Liverpool then they so.Top thread 23 carra gold.

Why not use the budget airlines or seacat?Pick your games and book your travel and cheap hotel early, even if you have to fly into manchester or birmingham it's cheaper than going through those robbing bastard agencies.When me and my mates started coming over we started with the small games ,easier to get tickets ,the more you go to the more people you tend to meet and the bigger game tickets tend to follow someone knows someone else and so forth.Got on the PTS when it started so all rosie now anyhow:smile:

Why not use the budget airlines or seacat?Pick your games and book your travel and cheap hotel early, even if you have to fly into manchester or birmingham it's cheaper than going through those robbing bastard agencies.When me and my mates started coming over we started with the small games ,easier to get tickets ,the more you go to the more people you tend to meet and the bigger game tickets tend to follow someone knows someone else and so forth.Got on the PTS when it started so all rosie now anyhow:smile:

Thats a good idea,ill think of that in future,thanks mate.

1, The club needs to do more to ensure that local kids have first priority on tickets at a good price.

2. The club is IN Liverpool and local fans should get priority for seats.

3. Oursiders like myself should feel priveleged to be guests of the city and the club.

4. Liverpool should mainly stay as scouse as possible.

i think you dont realise and you think that if the wools/OOTs fucked off we would be the same club regardless, still signing Fernando Torres, playing CL football every year, dont think so, its hard enough trying to compete as it is with OOTs

a ground full of scousers would be great but the standard of football would be right down

if it wasn't for OOT's/wool the club wouldn't be as successful if you look at it like that

I'm an OOT'er and have naturally supported Liverpool from birth as my Dad supports Liverpool. Football has always been a big part of my life and I feel the joy of victory or pain of defeat the same as a passionate Liverpool born fan.

When I meet a fan of any club I tend to judge them on how passionate and knowledgeable they are rather than where they were born. I'd much rather a passionate OOT'er took the last ticket than a local without a clue (if that were the choice!).

Fuck'n' wools.

Ha ha true! There are thousands of us but considering Wigan is less than 18 miles from the ground its hardly surprising, and for many of my age, wigan hardly even had a football team and teams such as Liverpool, Everton, Bolton, and the mancs were local teams.

Having said that all my family is from Liverpool and i do believe that if you arnt necessarily from the city you should have a definite link, be it family, time spent there at uni etc.

Im secure in my plasticness and bemoan the wiganese corruption of my early scouse accent but im fiercly proud of my scouse roots and could so easily have been a blue but for the sanity of my family. The city is 99% of the reason i support the reds, for me its part of my heritage and identity and i will forever associate the club with family, wether that be my family or the club family that combines the same ideologies and traditions which i hold dear to my heart.

As long as fans (be them local or OTT) respct that (and know the words to YNWA for fucks sake - i have seen that far too many times) then all is fine by me.

As a side note, the same discussion could be held about scouse rugby league or cricket fans who support St Helens, Wigan and Lancashire - Ricky Tomlinson (Saints), Robbie Fowler (Wigan) and my uncle who is the definition of a scouser (Lancashire).

If it takes until going to university to support a team, you clearly arent that interested.

True, but for some uni is the best time of their life, they make alot of friends, fall in love with the city and thus support the team through that projection. I do agree tho but a link is a link as opposed to those who glory hunt or fancy being a part of something popular.

Dan thomas wrote about this in the fanzine a while back and near enough nailed it. It went along the lines of feeling all the exact same frustrations of a local without the accent and the geographic placement to speak out without lookin like a nob or a wannabe.

True, but for some uni is the best time of their life, they make alot of friends, fall in love with the city and thus support the team through that projection. I do agree tho but a link is a link as opposed to those who glory hunt or fancy being a part of something popular.

Dan thomas wrote about this in the fanzine a while back and near enough nailed it. It went along the lines of feeling all the exact same frustrations of a local without the accent and the geographic placement to speak out without lookin like a nob or a wannabe.

God help us if that kid from TNS ever goes to uni in Liverpool..................

I wasn't trying to start a heated debate, simply wanted to get peoples opinions on the matters. I think its fucking despicable when anybody tries to start up "Easy" chants or anything related to that sort of shite. I actually came extremely close to kicking the shite out of some lad on one of those travel agent trips. He was on our bus and he was sitting there in his Liverpool jersey with "Stevie G 8 Legend" on his back reading the S*N (probably just the pictures as he didn't look like the type who could understand even the simplistic ramblings of that rag). I politely reminded him where he was and that he really shouldn't be reading that. His response? "Well they weren't writing about me, were they?". Well no not personally mate but I see those fans as MY people, that could have easily been my arl lad or my uncle who was lost and your sitting infront of me reading that shite? Me mates had to hold me back before I broke that cunts smile. So I don't think it should come down to OOT's or Locals, it should be down to "True Fans" and "Cunts Who Blew In On The Back Of A Trophy".

So I show nothing but respect to the club and the people and would never do stupid shite like wear a jester hat or just be a dickhead!

So I don't think it should come down to OOT's or Locals, it should be down to "True Fans" and "Cunts Who Blew In On The Back Of A Trophy".

So I show nothing but respect to the club and the people and would never do stupid shite like wear a jester hat or just be a dickhead!

My big problem is the SKY generation of football fan, be they from Liverpool or further afield. A nob is a nob whatever the accent. They know nothing about football, except is it fashionable (all this face painting and stupid hats).

There have also been a few occasions of European away trips, when due to the actions of my fellow scousers, I have been embarrassed by my Liverpool accent.

I also think a distinction should be made between "daytrippers" and "OOT's". At the Cardiff game last year and there was a bloke with his wife (mid 40's I'd say) and they had their little lad with them. THE LAD WAS WEARING A CHELSEA JACKET, ON THE KOP! Someone else must have seen this, I felt like smacking the lad but then I remembered he's only about ten so I chose to ignore it. That is a daytripper. Someone who goes to take in the sight of a Liverpool match.

To be honest, I knew I wanted to follow Liverpool by the time I was five. Not going to justify myself or go into the whys and wherefores. I don't come from Liverpool, and nor do my family. You can tell me to support my local team as much as you like; I wouldn't have changed teams at six years old and I won't at 36 either. This debate is tired by the way, going over the same old ground again and again on every Liverpool site on the web. There are those that think one way, and those that think another. Neither will change their views. Think how you want and support who you want, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Rashid is correct. I look forward to Atk's contribution.

I think I need a lie down because the first part of the above is correct, and I think I know what the second part will be.

From my own point of view, I dont care where a Liverpool Fan comes from so long as he or she shows passion for the club and is not just there because its the "in thing". I agree that in an ideal world, locals should have a better opportunity to get tickets, but for some of them to have a go at OOT's for getting a ticket when they didnt, is not right. It's not the OOT's fault is it? They're not going to ask, "excuse me, before I purchase this ticket, have you offered it to a local first?", are they?

I moved around so much as a kid I didn't have a "local" team - I was given a Liverpool shirt on my 6th birthday and and have had the best 31 years that you could wish for. I would say my passions are my family and Liverpool football club in that order. I don't give a fuck who I'm supposed to support - I support Liverpool and always will do.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
They don't have caps lock or shift in China.

CRAPS ROCK?

Edited by Kaizer Sauze