You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bascombe

Guest Kenny

Maybe, but if I was the owner of a football club and the natives were restless I would release a statement on the website and give an interview to the TV channel attempting to appease the fans if I planned to stay long-term. I think he is simply digging his heels in and attempting to drive up the value of the club.

I don't think he gives a flying fuck on what we think. He knows we will still fill the stadiums.

I hope you are right about him digging his heels to drive the price up.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he gives a flying fuck on what we think. He knows we will still fill the stadiums.

I hope you are right about him digging his heels to drive the price up.

people should wake up and smell the coffee, he isn't digging in his heels to force the price up he is digging in his heels because he wants full control of the club, and if you ask me he holds all the cards because HE doesn't want to sell and he knows gillett is desparate to sell, he also knows the DIC wont pay over the odds. I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever if he matches the DIC's offer for gilletts shares he will gain control of the clu because I cannot see the DIC raising their bid further.

we are one small step away from disaster.

Hicks only invested in LFC to make money, it is simple as that. If he can make a significant return on his investment now then he will sell. The value of the club may decrease in the next couple of seasons, particularly as there is no guarantee that we will qualify for the CL this season & teams like Spurs and Villa will probably be a lot more stronger next season and offer even more of a challenge.

Hicks only invested in LFC to make money, it is simple as that. If he can make a significant return on his investment now then he will sell. The value of the club may decrease in the next couple of seasons, particularly as there is no guarantee that we will qualify for the CL this season & teams like Spurs and Villa will probably be a lot more stronger next season and offer even more of a challenge.

I don't it that way at all steve, the way I see it is all hicks has to do is keep liverpool's head above water for the next 3-4 years, i.e. in CL places until the stadium is built once the stadium is built he can then hike up the price AND get more fans in giving him the maximum increase on profits per week.

I will bet anyone any amount of money if hicks takes full control work of the club work on the stadium will begin that same week.

Never, in the annals of journalistic history has so much been written and so little said.

Actually, while you are techincally right, it's a very clever article aimed at drumming up anti-Hicks sentiment. Who hasn't read that and resolved to get the fat fucker out of the club? Except maybe you, perhaps.

Actually, while you are techincally right, it's a very clever article aimed at drumming up anti-Hicks sentiment. Who hasn't read that and resolved to get the fat fucker out of the club? Except maybe you, perhaps.

That's a good point, the fans can't ease up now.

Doesn't affect me one way or the other except to shake my head about how awful his writing has become. He's not telling us anything new there.

Doesn't affect me one way or the other except to shake my head about how awful his writing has become. He's not telling us anything new there.

On here, most of us are resolved against Hicks. But this is aimed, not at us, but the fans who don't read the internet forums, and who's only source of information is the media.

There is something new there is you care to look:

• The players want him out
  • 90% of his employees want him out
  • Although he has first option Gillett doesn't have to sell and has the same rights vice versa
  • Hicks wants to remove his current opposition at the club
  • DIC now exasperated

• The key lies in Gillett finally speaking up and saying he won't sell to Hicks

It's nothing we haven't heard elsewhere before, but it's the first time he has written an article from such a negative perspective. Previously everything Bascombe has said (since the Mourinho thing) has taken the line that we would end up in DIC's hands. Because of that, a lot of supporters have been fairly apathetic towards the whole ownership issue, believing that it would all work itself out. Whether it's successful as a piece of writing is a different point, but the article is definitely designed as a rallying cry.

I will bet anyone any amount of money if hicks takes full control work of the club work on the stadium will begin that same week.

I will bet any amount of money with you that the stadium will still remain on paper this time next year - regardless of who owns us.

We need another planning fucking permission.

It's nothing we haven't heard elsewhere before, but it's the first time he has written an article from such a negative perspective. Previously everything Bascombe has said (since the Mourinho thing) has taken the line that we would end up in DIC's hands. Because of that, a lot of supporters have been fairly apathetic towards the whole ownership issue, believing that it would all work itself out. Whether it's successful as a piece of writing is a different point, but the article is definitely designed as a rallying cry.

doesn't help when a load of internet 'sources' claim the deal is 'done' :whatever:

Previously everything Bascombe has said (since the Mourinho thing) has taken the line that we would end up in DIC's hands.

I suppose that's what most of us have always wanted to believe. I've always felt a bit cynical about the whole DIC thing. Whether it will happen and whether it will be any better than what we have now. I do want this cunt out though, whatever the price. He's a liar and a bully.

I will bet any amount of money with you that the stadium will still remain on paper this time next year - regardless of who owns us.

We need another planning fucking permission.

if I'm not mistaken the footprint is the same therefore they could start the stadium and apply for the increase at the same time if the increase is declined they just build it to the previously agrred 60,000

I suppose that's what most of us have always wanted to believe. I've always felt a bit cynical about the whole DIC thing. Whether it will happen and whether it will be any better than what we have now. I do want this cunt out though, whatever the price. He's a liar and a bully.

I was (am) cynical towards the DIC for the reason they walked away from the deal a year ago and now are willing to pay far inexcess of last years figure despite the club now riddled with debt and not one brick being laid for the stadium, this makes no sense so I'm taking the whole DIC takeover with a pinch of salt, I'll believe it when I see it.

if I'm not mistaken the footprint is the same therefore they could start the stadium and apply for the increase at the same time if the increase is declined they just build it to the previously agrred 60,000

The new design is for 72000. We only have permission for a 60k stadium. With the new design for 72k, we will need to provide transport links - hence the recent meeting between Parry and transport chiefs re: opening the bootle line. We will also need to get the new plan approved.

The new design is for 72000. We only have permission for a 60k stadium. With the new design for 72k, we will need to provide transport links - hence the recent meeting between Parry and transport chiefs re: opening the bootle line. We will also need to get the new plan approved.

I stand corrected. but I still maintain that the stadium is top of hicks' aggenda (once in full control) that's what he does, leverge buy out, new stadium, milk the profits. with the dollar so weak I'm sure he see liverpool as his main money maker and will get the stadium built asap (with loans of course).

I stand corrected. but I still maintain that the stadium is top of hicks' aggenda (once in full control) that's what he does, leverge buy out, new stadium, milk the profits. with the dollar so weak I'm sure he see liverpool as his main money maker and will get the stadium built asap (with loans of course).

That didn't happen at Corinthians though.

Yes, and also to flush Gillett out of his hole and maybe get the fans to put some pressure on him to assure us he won't sell to Gillett.

I want Moores to speak and I want Gillett to speak.. the other cunts looks like he is fucking off.

2 March 2008

PREMIER GO FOR PARRY TO REPLACE SCU

By Jeff Pickett - Sunday People

Premier League boss Richard Scudamore's position is under threat after sources confirmed an approach to Liverpool's chief executive Rick Parry.

Parry, who helped shape the Premier League during his six-year tenure in the early nineties, has already been sounded out about returning to the role.

League officials are dismayed with the way Scudamore handled the 39th game proposals.

Parry is believed to be unsettled at Anfield following the instability surrounding the club over the past six months and the owners' ongoing financial difficulties.

Sources close to the Kop chief claim he remains open-minded about his future but the level of disdain directed at him by frustrated fans is taking its toll.

A number of supporters blame Parry for the state of the club, £350million in debt and no closer to building a new stadium, as he personally negotiated the sale to American owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

The 53-year-old is said to have been flattered by the Premier League's approach but is determined to remain at Anfield until the club's future has been secured.

Parry is known to favour Dubai Investment Capital's takeover bid and has privately admitted he made a mistake selling to the Americans.

The life-long Liverpool fan, like former chairman David Moores, is determined not to be remembered as the man who sank the club.