You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Indy IV

RedKnight

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocky IV is flawless, and had far reaching geopolitical implications that still reverberated around the globe to this day.

Release date for Rocky IV - September 1985

Wiki

"If I can change, and you can change, we can all change!"

Do the math kids.

They where indeed poingant words. Now I know they have substance I am deeply moved.

Reporter: Whats your prediction for the fight tonight?

Clubber Lang: Pain.

Genius.

"Hey woman, why don't you bring your pretty little self over to my apartment tonight and i'll show you a real man!"

I love the grunts he does when he wins the first fight too (not in a gay way of course). Mr T rocks but no even he can beat the quote near the end:

"Get up you son of a bitch......cos Micky loves ya!"

It'd be class if Clubber Lang played footy and was our club captain.

Can you imagine him at the CL final? Platini goes to shake his hand in the lineup and he just goes: "Get out of my face! I don't need no has-beens in my corner. And you better wipe that look off your face, before I knock it off."

It'd be class if Clubber Lang played footy and was our club captain.

Can you imagine him at the CL final? Platini goes to shake his hand in the lineup and he just goes: "Get out of my face! I don't need no has-beens in my corner. And you better wipe that look off your face, before I knock it off."

I would pay hard cash to see him throw Blatter into a locker and kill him.

When i first heard news of a new indiana jones film i have to say, well, i was ecstatic. every single fibre of my being was penetrated by a golden liquid light, amounting to sheer untold joyousness which i guess has never been experienced by any 'man' before. then i uncovered a grim truth......

indynew.jpg

when i discovered this cunt operating the motorcycle was in the film i fell into a dark state of mind. i don't think they could have picked a more irritating, bumbling, dosey faced cunt for such a project. larry david will never watch this film. never

Three generations of the Natton lads went to see it today: oldest and youngest loved it, while I was a bit underwhelmed. It wasn't shit by any means, but it doesn't come even vaguely close to the original three films. Lucas has well and truly lost it as a story teller, in my view.

I was devastated watching it to the point where I even covered my eyes during a few scenes to try and block out the pure idiocy of what Spielberg and Lucas were actually trying to achieve.

People left during the film. PEOPLE LEFT DURING THE FILM!

Biggest disappointment since I realised all birds don't have huge tits.

I just don't get people thinking it is 'that' shit.

I don't get it.

I thought that it was good, especially the first half, but the implementation of a few key scenes later on and the climax (not the final scene) detracted from what could have been a very good film indeed.

So I've now seen it twice, went again this evening. I feel pretty much the same as I did before. The movie starts off well but it tails off badly, whether this is related to the beginning featuring Indy on his own and the end had about five people vying for screen time, I'm not sure.

I think it was a mistake giving a lot of the action sequences to Shia Lobeouf, if they had no faith that Ford could do it then they shouldn't continued with the movie. The monkey sequence still beggars belief and I can't imagine what possessed them to think it was a good idea. Cate Blanchett isn't a memorable enough villain but it's not her fault, it's a stodgy script and story.

The flaws of this movie mirror the problems with the Star Wars prequels and the common denominator is Lucas. I don't know how much he had to say in the final story and lay out of the film. As for the end, well Spielberg always said that as it was set in the '50s and so would mirror the B-movies of the time but I still reckon something more religious would've been a better bet.

Hasn't it been kinda 'done' already, twice, the religious thing?

If Adam enjoyed it because he has read about stuff to do with the crystal skull, and others didn't because they hadn't, then it should have been explained / elaborated upon much better in the film.

If not religious then something more tangible or earth bound. The fact is that there was no fear with the skull, it didn't inspire awe like the Ark or mystery like the Grail. Religious is my own point of view but I just would've preferred something else. Saying all that, if the story/script had been handled better then the skulls may have been ok.

I don't think I've ever sat at the end of a film with my head in my palms like with this noe. I sat there at the end for about 15 minutes. Totally gutted at the shite we were presented.

I honestly think I could've wrote a better screenplay though I think the base storyline was pretty sound.

I don't think I've ever sat at the end of a film with my head in my palms like with this noe. I sat there at the end for about 15 minutes. Totally gutted at the shite we were presented.

I honestly think I could've wrote a better screenplay though I think the base storyline was pretty sound.

You not see the Matrix sequels then?

SPOILER ALERT*******************************

Crushing disappointment.

It wasn't that the movie was bad, it wasn't, it was that it was so limp. The Macguffin (the crystal skull) was a shit piece of kit, it looked shit, it didn't do anything; shit.

Shia Laboeuf wasn't that annoying but Lucas and Spielberg look like their positioning him as a possible succesor, which is pointless as if you can't use Harrison Ford then there's no point at all. There was one sequence with Laboeuf and some monkeys that quite frankly, made me wanna cringe. Awful.

The bad guys were rubbish too, no real threat and no stand out sadistic villain like the other movies. Cate Blanchett might as well not been there. Ray Winstone must've just watched the Mummy for notes on his character.

There was too much CGI used (I'm blaming Lucas for that) and lots of plot points weren't tied together very well.

Last, for now, is Harrison Ford. Yeah he's too old but he just didn't seem to do much in the film. Everything was too easy for Indy, he didn't really struggle and there never seemed any real danger. The movie is very far removed from the originals and you know it's going to be like that as soon as the credits start at the beginning.

I sound like I didn't enjoy it but I did, it's just that I expect more from an Indiana Jones movie and I didn't get it. I'll probably prefer to look at this movie as a stand alone film rather than a continuation of the series, that way it doesn't seem as bad.

I was so disappointed that I couldn't articulate why yesterday on the other (now merged) thread. However, I agree with every point you've made there, mate. I've now revised my original opinion - it is shit. And George Lucas wants shooting for fucking up the two greatest trilogies ever (Bourne and LOTR excepted).

I remember reading an article a few years ago about the script for the fourth film. Several scripts were rejected because they wanted one that had be to to the liking of Lucas, Spielberg and Ford. I think Lucas's original idea for the third film (Indy in a haunted house - kb'd by the 'Berg as it was too similar in tone to Poltergeist) would have been a good little film.