You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Fans Worst in Europe - UEFA

Steve

No surprise on which of the Sundays has picked up on this first I suppose, but assuming this is true there seems to be a concerted campaign of victimisation against us by UEFA which has gathered pace now a former Juventus player is its president. If there have been 25 incidents since 2003 involving Liverpool fans, why havent the club been tackled over any of the previous 24?

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/sport/sport2.shtml

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to be concerned about while there are turkish and italian fans stabbing people.

Platini is a twat who'll disappear up his own arse when he can't deliver extra champions league places for minority leagues.

European Super League anybody?

Nothing to be concerned about while there are turkish and italian fans stabbing people.

Platini is a twat who'll disappear up his own arse when he can't deliver extra champions league places for minority leagues.

European Super League anybody?

Makes you wonder what his reaction would be if we chucked a scooter into the away section or threw a firework at the opposition keeper.

platini will be behind this. Didn't he say something 2 years ago just prior to the juventus game? I think Dave did a piece on it.

Can't remember that but I know Dave put in the mag that when there was debate about letting us back in for 2005-6, Platini was the one member of the committee who was against it.

What a bunch of arrogant, conceited twats UEFA are. I despise that Gaillard feller, almost as much as Platini.

As for the article being in the Sunday Sun, should we be surprised?

Italy and Turkey have had numerous MAJOR incidents over the past few years- stabbings, POLICE MURDERS, racist attacks, assaulting players (Dida and a firework, anyone??)

And yet Platini has the arrogance to suggest that we are worse than them. Well UEFA can fuck right off, especially with him in charge. He's hated us since the year fucking dot.

What did we ever do to piss him off?

name the 25 incidents ?

The last time i can remember us being in trouble was Rome in 2001-2, when we were fined for failing to control our fans when when they got stabbed in the arse. Its odd that suddenly they have come up with 24 new incidents they hadnt bothered telling us about

What a bunch of arrogant, conceited twats UEFA are. I despise that Gaillard feller, almost as much as Platini.

As for the article being in the Sunday Sun, should we be surprised?

Italy and Turkey have had numerous MAJOR incidents over the past few years- stabbings, POLICE MURDERS, racist attacks, assaulting players (Dida and a firework, anyone??)

And yet Platini has the arrogance to suggest that we are worse than them. Well UEFA can fuck right off, especially with him in charge. He's hated us since the year fucking dot.

What did we ever do to piss him off?

In a word, Heysel.

Deny him a proper European Cup final victory, then Juve forced him to retire so they could bring Ian Rush in.

That's it in a nuthsell. I could understand his hatred for us if he was pissed off about the fans that lost their lives but it's not that.

Platini took a lot of stick for the way he celebrated scoring the penalty when he knew what had happened off the pitch and that was from Juventus fans.

He was denied the celebration and adulation that normally follows a European Cup win and that's his problem.

Let's fucking show them and win the fucking thing next year. I would love to see the cunt's face when he hands over the trophy to Gerrard.

These UEFA people actually makes Blatter look like a decent fella, which I thought was impossibe.

In fairness, I seen this happening. It was the UEFA flags that were flying all around the stadium.

We shouldn't even be taking that allegation seriously. Besides the fact that half these flags are currently being sold on ebay by Greeks tells you how spurious it is. And who gives a fuck about flags anyway? If that's the worst thing they've got to hit us with then we've got nothing to worry about.

What we do need to worry about is the UEFA smear campaign which sections of the British press are only too happy to support. And also that no-one at our club seems willing to mount any sort of defence even though they've got a dossier of UEFA failings leading up to the final that would show the cunts up for what they are.

If Parry wanted to regain a little bit of favour from the fans he could do far worse than utterly ridicule this shite in public. Of course we've had some fans who have behaved poorly, but that story is a fucking joke bordering on the libellous. The club should really go for it in addressing this shite.

I dont think a couple of headlines and backing from a twat that is universally hated will change the main perception of ours fans abroad and in the uk. In my experience we have a great reputation and I am not overly worried this will tarnish it.

Don't be so confident. It only took a media campaign to distort the public's perception of what happened at Hillsborough and we're still dealing with the consequences of that today.

And this week, figures were released which showed you are well more likely to be a victim of theft and robbery in Manchester and London than in Liverpool. But we're still stereotyped as thieves.

The mud UEFA are flinging could stick and they know it. They wouldn't bother otherwise.