You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

41 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'd be more patriotic if we didn't have a royal family. 

Patriotic to what though? We were all born on a particular piece of earth in whichever country we were shot from our Mam's vadges and are particularly lucky to be living at a time where millions of ordinary people made huge sacrifices to get the little we have. My allegiances are to people,family and non family who show me respect and have the decency to care about others. I'm not particularly arsed about the ground I occupy but more those who I occupy it with.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I could never get my head around the idea that, for example, an English sheep farmer eking out a living on the rainswept hills of Northumberland should feel more kinship with an English millionaire hedge fund twat 350 miles away in London than with a Scottish sheep farmer 5 miles to the North.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I reckon I have probally got more in common with your average french or german joe punchclock, than some brexit scruff from stoke or some tory flag shagger from down south.  

It's like the French trade unionist and Republican Jean Jaures who almost prevented WW1 from happening as he had united both French and German workers from taking up arms but was unsurprisingly assassinated just a day or two before WW1 began. I am more convinced his killing was the trigger for WW1 over some Archduke. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Surely Dan Wootton realises that him constantly digging her out is reinforcing any attention she gets or wants?

If I think about it properly, I don’t particularly agree with the monarchy and feel it is totally out-dated now, but generally couldn’t give a fuck either way. Don’t they generate more than they extract anyway? 

I really don’t understand people who absolutely buzz off them though. Camp out for days and that to wave at them. 

If it ever came to a vote whether we keep or get rid, if it was deemed beneficial to the economy, I’d vote keep, if not, get rid. Apathetic otherwise 

Dan Wooton reminds me of what someone wrote about Morgan when he was editor at the mirror, in that they didn't think 'showbiz' reporters make good mainstream journalists, due to the fact they spend most of their career making things up in order to fill empty pages.

It starts off as: "Which pussycat doll was seen getting very close to a well known soap star at last night's Brits" and end up with just blatant lies about things that are actually important, like economics and Brexit. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Dan Wooton reminds me of what someone wrote about Morgan when he was editor at the mirror, in that they didn't think 'showbiz' reporters make good mainstream journalists, due to the fact they spend most of their career making things up in order to fill empty pages.

It starts off as: "Which pussycat doll was seen getting very close to a well known soap star at last night's Brits" and end up with just blatant lies about things that are actually important, like economics and Brexit. 

Dan Wootton is a cunt.

• Upvote 4

Wootton and the likes of that little jumped up little richard keys looking fake-tan cunt gardiner know they get loads of clicks from obsessed racist karen types over Meghan Markle. They all need setting fire to. Lock them all in a theatre and burn the fucking thing down with Markle's face appearing like Shosshanah in Inglorious Bastards 

shoshanna-laughing.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Well, which one was it?

• Upvote 1

On a Teams call this afternoon for work. The South Wales Regional Manager has just introduced herself and said because she can’t go to the coronation on the weekend she’s dressing up every day for work this week as if she was there! 

Cunt. 

IMG_4564.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

On a Teams call this afternoon for work. The South Wales Regional Manager has just introduced herself and said because she can’t go to the coronation on the weekend she’s dressing up every day for work this week as if she was there! 

Cunt. 

IMG_4564.jpeg

Resign Col, you don't need that kind of shit in your life!