You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Music

welsh_kopite

Midlake - Not brand new but they have a new album out. The obvious comparisons are The Eagles and Grandaddy, although Im not a big fan of either. Check out the tracks 'Roscoe' and especially look for 'Head Home', its great.

Tokyo Police Club are good, as are Pull Tiger Tail, although I've not heard more than a few song by either.

The Long Blondes are really good, very poppy-indie trendy stuff, but done superbly.

The Pigeon Detectives are a Leeds band with a Kaiser Chiefs/Little Man Tate/Arctic Monkeys vibe and could be massive next year. The tracks 'I Found Out' and 'Im Not Sorry' will rock your socks off.

Finally, possibly my new favourite band are Cold War Kids. I saw them supporting Two Gallants and they were brilliant. New single 'We Used To Vacation' is well worth a listen but look out for Tell Me in the Morning.

Midlake - Not brand new but they have a new album out. The obvious comparisons are The Eagles and Grandaddy, although Im not a big fan of either. Check out the tracks 'Roscoe' and especially look for 'Head Home', its great.

Tokyo Police Club are good, as are Pull Tiger Tail, although I've not heard more than a few song by either.

The Long Blondes are really good, very poppy-indie trendy stuff, but done superbly.

The Pigeon Detectives are a Leeds band with a Kaiser Chiefs/Little Man Tate/Arctic Monkeys vibe and could be massive next year. The tracks 'I Found Out' and 'Im Not Sorry' will rock your socks off.

Finally, possibly my new favourite band are Cold War Kids. I saw them supporting Two Gallants and they were brilliant. New single 'We Used To Vacation' is well worth a listen but look out for Tell Me in the Morning.

Download 'Nature of the Experiment' by these.

Standing In The Way of Control - The Gossip

Late contender for single of the year for me, some bombastic garage funk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2WpbTAWKGo

Horrible video though isn't it? Good tunage though.

Feeling that Japtastic bit of class from Paul too.

Good shout from Karl. "Everybody gets knocked down, how quick are you gonna get up?" Great lyrics.

More from the Japanese barm pot (although nothing I've posted on here matches the full-blown lidderdom of Magoo Opening or the intro to Mic Check on Fantasma):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMtvUmSG8IE&search=Cornelius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yREZSl94Zy8&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AeodCMHCFk&mode=related&search=

How To Fix:

All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till you reach

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win dows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

And then on the right pane, right click and click on New, select String value, enter "wavemapper" (without quots of course), right click > MODIFY> ENTER "msacm32.drv" in Value Data, ENTER.

Close the editor. No need to restart. Video on Google and YouTube et al would work fine now.

How To Fix:

All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till you reach

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win dows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

And then on the right pane, right click and click on New, select String value, enter "wavemapper" (without quots of course), right click > MODIFY> ENTER "msacm32.drv" in Value Data, ENTER.

Close the editor. No need to restart. Video on Google and YouTube et al would work fine now.

Doesnt work. I had this problem before and couldnt figure how to fix it for ages.

• 1 month later...