You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fucking Viruses

snez1

Fuck knows where this cunt came from, but my background is now a full blue page with a red cross in the top left corner instead of Momo snapping Ballack (which i only see now when shutting down the computer). Can't change the background in desktop properties and can find fuck all solutions on the net.

Any help would be much appreciated, i fucking hate viruses.

Disable system restore as it may mean that the code will be able to re-initialise itself whilst your trying to sort the problem.

Sounds like you could have spysherrif.

1)Disable system restore.

2)Run your anti-spyware progs and see if they pick anything up.

3)Run regedit, to key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

"Wallpaper"=SZ:C:\WINDOWS\desktop.html

Backup your registry, then delete the key.

Guest Devils Advocate

Bollocks - I thought this was gonna be about the clap and stuff like that... but boot into safe mode and see what ye've got running at startup, disable what looks shady in msconfig then boot back into normal - see if it cures

Not too well. All these fucking spyware bollcoks detect errors which you then fix but it never gets rid of the fucking wallpaper. Either that or the cunts fix like 10 problems and then require you to buy the fuckers for like 50 quid. Bollocks to it i'll just have to save all me shit to disk and put the windows didsks in again i think.

On a seperate note (oh here he goes again!) has anyone else ever had problems with youtube? After i play one or two vids they freeze and when i open another i just get a black screen with the volume muted it won't play? Only started happening in the last few days. Very wierd.

it won't be buffering properly because it can't get the bandwith to broadcast.

Get something else to work with spybot, adaware or windows defender etc

Spyware tools use definitions to locate and remove spyware, not all spyware tools use the same defs, so its always best to use 2 or 3 different spyware tools.

bo!

The avian flu panic seems to have died off lately. Why do you reckon that is?

Will your cure be in time?

It's summer. Another outbreak will start in Asia around about November and reach here by February.

Don't know yet, can't tell until human to human occurs and the virus can be identified.