You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Driving points- disqualification

Count Morfeo

Has anyone ever had their license disqualified under the Road safety act (New Drivers) 1995? The 6 points in two years and you're out rule?

The Count is about to have his wings clipped? Has anyone successfully appealed?

The Count has been driving for 21 months. It's a ridiculous rule to criminalise ordinary people. It's going to affect the Count's job and he can't get to Cardiff for the charity shield, now.

Funny how you can't get a plod for love nor money when you are being robbed but if you happen to stray over the speed limit...... bada bing bada boom.

Would the count have to go through court? The DVLA website reckons there is no right of appeal on the disqualification, but does anyone have an experience to the contrary?

Has anyone ever had their license disqualified under the Road safety act (New Drivers) 1995? The 6 points in two years and you're out rule?

The Count is about to have his wings clipped? Has anyone successfully appealed?

The Count has been driving for 21 months. It's a ridiculous rule to criminalise ordinary people. It's going to affect the Count's job and he can't get to Cardiff for the charity shield, now.

Funny how you can't get a plod for love nor money when you are being robbed but if you happen to stray over the speed limit...... bada bing bada boom.

Would the count have to go through court? The DVLA website reckons there is no right of appeal on the disqualification, but does anyone have an experience to the contrary?

I heard from someone who got 12 points that if you say in court that you'll lose your job if you can't travel then they will just give you a fine and leave you on 12 points. Can't verify if that's true but he usually doesn't bullshit.

As far as I understand it, it's nothing to do with the Courts as it is an automatic revocation of the license by the DVLA, and there is no right of appeal.

However it does not mean that you're disqualified. It just means you're knocked back to learner status and back onto a provisional license until you pass your test again. If you've been knocked back to provisional already then book a couple of lessons and apply for a test now.

In terms of getting to the Charity Sheild, as you'll be a provisional license holder regardless of whether you take a test, you could simply be 'supervised' by a full license holder as any learner driver could.

I'm pretty sure this is the case.

Thanks, Chris and Stu.

That's pretty much what the Count has already heard. You wouldn't know how long it all takes. I was caught on Saturday, and will take my documents to the station this Saturday. Can the Count apply for his prov license immediately?

RE: The Charity shield. It would take twice as long not using the motorways.

Really gutted. The thing is, in 21 months, the Count has driven maybe 35,000 miles and is as relaxed and careful driver as you could find. Just struck unlucky, twice.

The Count, as far as I understand, is talking about being banned as a result of getting six points in his probationary period of driving (new drivers act 1995). All new drivers will get knocked back down to provisional license holders if they get six points in two years. It's not dealt by the Court's whatsoever, just the DVLA.

I assumed when you posted your reply that you just knew someone who had 12 points (not a new driver?) but complained to the Courts about the impact a ban would have and got off with a fine etc. It happens all the time with a decent solictor and puppy dog eyes.

It's unlikely/unusual that a probationary (new) driver would/could get enough points to complete the 'totting up' rule of 12 points. Still, if they got successive points in a few days before and hit 12 before DVLA got round to knocking them back to provisional then they would go to Court and would get a ban as any other would on the totting up rule.

Gotcha. Cheers.

Was this in North Wales Count?

The first three points were picked up in north Wales- which the Count is very angry about- but the last three were in Lancashire and were fair enough.

The first three were from an arrive alive van which was parked five metres from a 40 sign, so the Count was building up to do 40 coming out of a 30 zone and it got him. Duplicitous, to say the least.

Fuckin hell Kopite's off again.

Just waiting to see his reply first. I drove past Robin Hood holiday camp (on the Coast Road between Rhyl & Prestatyn) on Saturday afternoon. There was I believe a Camera van scanning tax discs parked on the road (going towards Rhyl).

No problem with that. But why where there 5 (yes five) police cars parked 100 yards either side of it (one on the Rhyl side and the other FOUR on the Prestatyn side)?

I feel for you if was in north wales, that police force is fuckin shite. The amount of speed cameras round there are a joke and it's been well voiced how bad it is. If you get bounced down to L driver again just put straight in for your test by the time it comes round you'll of had a few lesson. Pisser like.

On the subject of cameras. If i get the tube to work, get some lunch and tube home Ive been photographed almost 300 times. They might as well shove a chip up yer arse. And count to 10 1.......2.......3......

Just waiting to see his reply first. I drove past Robin Hood holiday camp (on the Coast Road between Rhyl & Prestatyn) on Saturday afternoon. There was I believe a Camera van scanning tax discs parked on the road (going towards Rhyl).

No problem with that. But why where there 5 (yes five) police cars parked 100 yards either side of it (one on the Rhyl side and the other FOUR on the Prestatyn side)?

Beacuse rapists, robbers and drug dealing rogues are OK but motorists are evil.

The first three points were picked up in north Wales- which the Count is very angry about- but the last three were in Lancashire and were fair enough.

The first three were from an arrive alive van which was parked five metres from a 40 sign, so the Count was building up to do 40 coming out of a 30 zone and it got him. Duplicitous, to say the least.

It is pathetic Count. They have a cheek when they claim it is in the interests of road safety. Ok, then park near a school or a playground, or maybe even an accident blackspot but not on the border between two speed limits.

I got collared on Nant Hall Road last Summer (coming into Prestatyn on the Coast Road. Do you know it?) It drops from 60 to 30, and they got me doing 40 (and slowing down) as I went past the sign. It used to be bad for accidents (20 years ago) but new measures have ensured there hasn't been an accident there for about 15 years! However because the road opens up as you enter the 30 zone it is easy pickings.

I feel for you if was in north wales, that police force is fuckin shite. The amount of speed cameras round there are a joke and it's been well voiced how bad it is. If you get bounced down to L driver again just put straight in for your test by the time it comes round you'll of had a few lesson. Pisser like.

On the subject of cameras. If i get the tube to work, get some lunch and tube home Ive been photographed almost 300 times. They might as well shove a chip up yer arse. And count to 10 1.......2.......3......

The Count has to apply for a prov, then his theory, then his test!

It is pathetic Count. They have a cheek when they claim it is in the interests of road safety. Ok, then park near a school or a playground, or maybe even an accident blackspot but not on the border between two speed limits.

I got collared on Nant Hall Road last Summer (coming into Prestatyn on the Coast Road. Do you know it?) It drops from 60 to 30, and they got me doing 40 (and slowing down) as I went past the sign. It used to be bad for accidents (20 years ago) but new measures have ensured there hasn't been an accident there for about 15 years! However because the road opens up as you enter the 30 zone it is easy pickings.

The Count concurs. he know's that road well. Those cameras never capture the real loons, just you average joes.

Beacuse rapists, robbers and drug dealing rogues are OK but motorists are evil.

Well our Chief Constable (Richard Brunstrom) claimed that if you speed you are a yob, however you can lead a full and rewarding life whilst "shooting up with a dash of brown".

He also wanted "shooting-up galleries" set up in Rhyl.

His assistant also claimed that having a Cross of St. George on your car in North Wales is a racist act because it will offend the Welsh. The North Wales coast has more Scousers and Mancunians than Welsh people (I'm sure the Count would agree).

The Police are so in-touch with the public here. :whistle:

Well our Chief Constable (Richard Brunstrom) claimed that if you speed you are a yob, however you can lead a full and rewarding life whilst "shooting up with a dash of brown".

He also wanted "shooting-up galleries" set up in Rhyl.

His assistant also claimed that having a Cross of St. George on your car in North Wales is a racist act because it will offend the Welsh. The North Wales coast has more Scousers and Mancunians than Welsh people (I'm sure the Count would agree).

The Police are so in-touch with the public here. :whistle:

That was wolfendale. The Count has met him a couple of times, in his line of work.

Then there is the whole snow balls stuff. Maybe 1 in 20 is actually pure Welsh on the eastern strip of the north wales coast.

I spent a day working with a road policing unit a few weeks ago. They're literally told by managament that they need to get so many speeding tickets, seatbelt tickets, mobile phone tickets etc. What a horrible job. The least I would want is discretion if I was to hand out tickets/points.

Still, complaining about being caught speeding is like unzipping your jeans, whopping your cock through the gap and then pulling the zip up mighty fast. You know you're running a big risk, so why complain when you feel the stinging pain of punishment. I've not been caught speeding in three years but that's probably because I know my area and camera locations. I don't tend to drive too much into areas I don't know as I work locally to where I live. Still, If i was caught speeding I'd pay the fine and wouldn't complain.

One thing I'm delighted they concentrate on is drivers without insurance. Those bastards fuck me off and every one of them should be fined £2000 and/or have their car crushed. This money should go into a fund for all those fucked by being hit by a uninsured driver. Is there anything in place of that nature?

They are called the A-Team.

"You gonna pay for drivin' uninsured sucka!"

Here's a handy little tip for all you camera vandlas out there, well its not even vandalism really.

If you put cling film over the lense it bounces back the and blurs the picture. your not damaging the camera and the coppers can't see the cling film.

I tell you were all fucked when they bring those average speed things in. They've already got em on the M25 the fuckin...and 4......5......6.......