You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (A) - Sat 30th Sep 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, an tha said:

This is bollocks - they keep going on about the var thinking a goal had been given onfield and that is the mistake....

It isn't case - the graphic from var clearly shows the check was about a disallowed goal and i find it incredible nobody is flagging this....

They have Gallagher on sky now trotting out same excuse and it is total bollocks.

Old boys club.  

32 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Doesn't matter, the game is not going to be replayed. Which is why the club statement is important to say to PGMOL that we will not keep quiet if they keep fucking us over. 

Yeah, I think it’s all the club could do in the circumstances. It will hopefully mean they’ll be ultra-cautious not to screw us over so obviously next time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

‘We’re not title contenders yet, says Van de Ven.’

It’s good he offered that clarification, because I thought their heroic efforts in beating 9 men with huge assistance from a team of officials was a real statement of intent.

Ha. 

There is a decent chance they sit in 1st position this time next week. 

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Yeah, I think it’s all the club could do in the circumstances. It will hopefully mean they’ll be ultra-cautious not to screw us over so obviously next time.

Yup & they have to make it look like objective questions/escalation.

What was the conversation in the VAR room and with the referee after? 

Why didn't VAR inform the referee of the "mistake" immediately? 

Why was the Gomez penalty not looked at? Again, what was the conversation in the VAR room? 

What made PGMOL to so quickly come out with the "human error" statement? What investigation was done before that?

Why were the referees appointed so quickly after coming back from Abu Dhabi or wherever that game was? 

Why aren't PGMOL held accountable by PL/FA for decisions like this? 

Make them explain all that, and more, and make a point that they will be asked the questions again if they fuck up again (which they will). 

On 01/10/2023 at 06:50, Grinch said:

Imaging thinking negging matters, another reason why you need to get a life.

Reds watch the games btw, not spend the entire game on here.  The grown up ones don’t give a fuck after the final whistle either.

That last sentence is one of the daftest I’ve read in a good while.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Surely a pundit or a presenter or someone else can see this and should be flagging it.

You’d think.

Warnock making things awkward for Gallagher on Sky currently, but the narrative from all the media I’ve read/heard today is what “options” do we mean and how are LFC going to escalate this to a resolution. Almost saying we’re cheeky bastards for not accepting what has been given by PGMOL and we should just accept our fate.

Going nowhere this.

Just now, Scott_M said:

Michael Owen’s next Officials Mic’s Up show on 11th October should be interesting viewing. 

If the audio from this isn’t played, then the show has no integrity. 

Can’t see it being played tbh. Will be glossed over.

13 hours ago, mike23 said:

It is therefore unsatisfactory that sufficient time was not afforded to allow the correct decision to be made and that there was no subsequent intervention.

The final part of this sentence appears to be the most significant part of the club's statement for me. If this seemingly farcical explanation is true about the VAR official believing the goal had been given and then the error being due to miscommunication, then this is something the officials would have very quickly realised. Apparently if play has resumed they can't then give the goal, but what was to stop the ref from stopping the game, calling both captains over and explaining what had happened to them. It certainly wouldn't have taken them more than 2 minutes to realise the mistake - the time it took for Spurs to score and effectively ensure the screw up from the officials led to an immediate 2-goal swing. It could have been agreed that Spurs just let us score. It would have made the officials look incredibly bad, but it would have protected the integrity of the game. The fact that they compounded the error by just letting play continue when they knew they had completely fucked up has led to suspicions of not only incompetence but bias or even corruption. 

I agree with this.

The referee clearly realises the mistake pretty quickly after the restart, puts his whistle to his lips  and decides to do nothing to correct it.

Not giving the goal after play has restarted is a laughable excuse. A linesman made a wrong decision, VAR made the wrong decision and the referee made the wrong decision…. So they way to correct that is to compound it with another wrong decision?

I completely agree the game should have been stopped, Klopp, VVD, Son and Postecoglou spoken to by the referee and come to a conclusion on what to do. 

2 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

You’d think.

Warnock making things awkward for Gallagher on Sky currently, but the narrative from all the media I’ve read/heard today is what “options” do we mean and how are LFC going to escalate this to a resolution. Almost saying we’re cheeky bastards for not accepting what has been given by PGMOL and we should just accept our fate.

Going nowhere this.

It is as clear as day...

The graphics are simply titled differently based on the sort of check being carried out....

Check for goal not disallowed by on field officials:

20231002-120842.jpg

Check for goal disallowed by on field officials:

Screenshot-20231002-120639-Chrome.jpg

This clearly discredits the supposed excuse.....

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

You’d think.

Going nowhere this.

I agree. No doubt Manctony Taylor will be trotted out on Sunday with another “We’ll show them who is boss” attitude and we’ll get a red, 8 yellows and commit 47 fouls. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

It is as clear as day...

The graphics are simply titled differently based on the sort of check being carried out....

Check for goal not disallowed by on field officials:

20231002-120842.jpg

Check for goal disallowed by on field officials:

Screenshot-20231002-120639-Chrome.jpg

This clearly discredits the supposed excuse.....

This is why I refuse to accept this as just an human error. 

2 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Mac got booked for asking for a card to be shown to an opponent and yet no other fucker got booked for doing exactly the same thing.

Mac Allister was fucking stupid there, because one of the other team had been booked for it just a few minutes earlier.

That was always going to be one of those rules that they enforce rigorously for a couple of weeks, then quietly drop when they realise that it would mean loads of bookings, sendings off and suspensions - especially if they set the bar for "dissent" as pathetically low as the Trent booking.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Racism is completely unacceptable and I hope the perpetrators are caught and punished accordingly. 

Is it wrong that I think the timing of this is a tad convenient? 

IMG_0090.png

I don't know why anybody stoops to racism in the first place.

Just call him a cheating cunt if you want to vent, why bring his race into it?

• Upvote 2

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Mac Allister was fucking stupid there, because one of the other team had been booked for it just a few minutes earlier.

That was always going to be one of those rules that they enforce rigorously for a couple of weeks, then quietly drop when they realise that it would mean loads of bookings, sendings off and suspensions - especially if they set the bar for "dissent" as pathetically low as the Trent booking.

He was indeed stupid, but what happened to various other players doing exactly the same thing in a number of games. 

My point is that the club should be using EVERYTHING they have using the focus they have now to their advantage.