You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (A) - Sat 16th Sep 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

34 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Wolves fans already calling for O’Neill’s head on the Molineux Mix forum.

Gary O'Neill seems like a good egg, and he did really well with Bournemouth last season. Started his coaching career with us iirc.

He had days to sort his squad when he was handed the job do no wonder they're struggling.

If they learn to finish they'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Nearly every Gakpo goal has been him getting on the end of a ball, completely unmarked, after a perfectly timed run. You can’t coach that. He wasn’t great today, but he’s a brilliant asset when used properly.

Agreed, I was calling him all kind of terrible names, shocking eh, then he scores. He has a knack for drifting in to good positions. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah, he totally transforms us. Great player 

The people in my TLW WhatsApp group should testify I called it after about 30 mins! 

He stayed wide, was aggressive taking his man on… we just looked much more balanced. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bossy said:

Agreed, I was calling him all kind of terrible names, shocking eh, then he scores. He has a knack for drifting in to good positions. 

That’s shocking. I was behind every one of our brave boys during that first half and especially at half-time. Honest.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Nearly every Gakpo goal has been him getting on the end of a ball, completely unmarked, after a perfectly timed run. You can’t coach that. He wasn’t great today, but he’s a brilliant asset when used properly.

We have a really good mix of forwards. All very different styles. I can't ever remember us having five such varied options.

• Upvote 1

First game I saw on whatever the new BT is called. Shower of shite. Terrible directing - they actually cut to a reaction shot while the ball was being played inside the area - and the commentary sounded like Wolves club TV. 

The usual sleepy first half for a lunchtime KO. Second half was pretty good. Salah seems to be evolving in terms of his position - I couldn't believe one moment when he looked to play the ball across the area rather than go for a shot. The midfield needs just a tiny bit of fine tuning before it starts to look really good.

Oliver was just so inconsistent you may as well not have a ref.

We need to stop bitching about the early starts and just fucking get on with it " anytime, anyplace, anywhere...there's a wonderful thing we can share....that's LFC"....im absolutely convinced it doesn't help, we should be "fuck it, bring it on, we're better than youse"

• Like 1

Great three points.

I thought the first half selection and system were poor but Jurgen got everything spot on after half time. Wolves had just blown themselves out chasing and closing like madmen in the first 45 and after that we could have scored six.  

We look so much better when Nunez is leading the line - as if we have a real purpose. And Zob is looking the business. 

• Upvote 1

The first half sounded awful.  I didn't listen to the second half, because I wanted to concentrate on my driving, but I was reasonably confident that, from just the one down, we had the ability to get the win.

I'm currently enjoying tea & a cake and admiring the view at Tebay, with my turn behind the wheel completed.

Not a bad day, so far.

• Upvote 1