You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, dave u said:

My fault, I switched on wanting to hear the boos in the closing minutes and they scored within 30 seconds. I know better than that, so yeah it's on me.

I saw they were losing then deliberately refrained from checking the score till 10 o’clock but you fucked up my strategy. 

• Upvote 1

RIP Andy Brehme. I remember him as a quality left wing-back for West Germany in 1990. Like a lot of German players of that era, he was extremely versatile, able to play both full back roles, as sweeper and also in midfield, where he played when at Bayern in the 80s. Matthaus was the team's penalty taker yet handed the responsibility to Brehme in the final.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

What a player Brehme was. Sad news that. The three Germans at Inter were great. Used to watch grainy footage of Serie A on Sgorio before football Italia came along. 

I always preferred the Dutch three at AC, but that was an iconic rivalry with 6 legendary players. Great that they were on international teams that were great rivals too.

29 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I always preferred the Dutch three at AC, but that was an iconic rivalry with 6 legendary players. Great that they were on international teams that were great rivals too.

What was great back then was the Italians at both clubs were iconic and boss too.

The whole league was amazing. The poorest teams had players like Hagi.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

What was great back then was the Italians at both clubs were iconic and boss too.

The whole league was amazing. The poorest teams had players like Hagi.

Yep. I reckon that was probably the best league in football history in terms of quality players.

• Upvote 1