You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, Kevin D said:

That is exactly what I mean.

If Luton had someone who could cross, or any type of forward they’d have won by that 3.

We have a lot of players who can cross and a lot of type of forwards, I can’t see us not pumping them at Old Trafford in a match that means everything to us.

Ten Hag's game plan this season has been to sit deep, run about alot and rely on individual moments of skill to scrape through games by the odd goal. We didn't pump them at Anfield because we were too slow and predictable in attack, and had to resort to having loads of pot shots from distance. I'm not sure that their support will be too happy with them stringing six across the back at home, so hopefully we'll score first and then pick them off on the break instead. It won't be a drubbing though.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kevin D said:

That is exactly what I mean.

If Luton had someone who could cross, or any type of forward they’d have won by that 3.

We have a lot of players who can cross and a lot of type of forwards, I can’t see us not pumping them at Old Trafford in a match that means everything to us.

I thought their left back was a good crosser of the ball, the strikers were appalling. Barkley is really playing well too.

10 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I thought their left back was a good crosser of the ball, the strikers were appalling. Barkley is really playing well too.

They kept getting into really good attacking position that Robbo or Bradley would whip one into, then pause, turn back, and pass back into the centre like they’ve got Iniesta and Xavi ready to unlock a 9 man defence.

The ‘keeper is dodgy as fuck, put it on him with balls on top of him, or go full Nunez and shoot right down his throat.

They were doing neither and I found it endlessly frustrating.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Four Four Two reporting that Loptegui is whoring himself to West Ham and his people are letting it be known he'd say yes if they sack Moyes. Some cold fuckers in football.

West Ham will be mad to sack Moyes. He has had some terrible results lately and despite getting tonked by us and Fulham in December, he did beat Arsenal, United, Spurs & Wolves. 

34 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

4 weeks ago Neville said Spurs would finish 2nd. Now he doubts they'll get 5th. Our greatest pundit ladies and gents.

God help those he offers to help on 'Dragons Den'. 

56 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Some gig they've managed to land. Come out with shite like Spurs will finish 2nd then a month later I doubt they'll get 5th and the cheques keep coming.

I don't get many things right, but the disconnect between the football Spurs were actually playing and the way they were written about by the press was among the most ridiculous I can remember - it was blindingly obvious that results would revert to type, especially if they were relying on James Maddison to actually play consistently for a whole season. But hey, their manager still says mate a lot, so they'll always have that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I see there’s no 12.30 kick off next Saturday due to Liverpool not being available for the slot.

Yeah the irony of that changing when we're not in it and Klopp being right all along does not sit well. Add in he had to deal with an absolute cunt like Des Kelly and then the obvious Twitter fall out and it's a Falling Down feeling.

39 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Yeah the irony of that changing when we're not in it and Klopp being right all along does not sit well. Add in he had to deal with an absolute cunt like Des Kelly and then the obvious Twitter fall out and it's a Falling Down feeling.

The midwinter break, the 12.30s being ridiculous, the 5 subs rule, is there anything else Klopp got slaughtered for that turned out he was right about. Also the replay after a VAR cock up, which eventually happened abroad.

50 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

The midwinter break, the 12.30s being ridiculous, the 5 subs rule, is there anything else Klopp got slaughtered for that turned out he was right about. Also the replay after a VAR cock up, which eventually happened abroad.

It's almost like a highly intelligent and successful manager knows what he's talking about and these media stooges and online superfans don't know their arse from their elbow.

They'll miss him when he's gone.