You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Trent Really Worth It?

The Trent Problem   

73 members have voted

1. 1. Is TAA worth building a team around?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

We’re a better team when Connor Bradley is in it instead of Trent. 

Is it just about effort? If so, it’s time to go. 

But what about a team with Trent and Bradley in it? All fucking irrelevant now until the new fella starts.

His languid running style does him no favours.

And the fact that we don't see him actually running that much is another thing that does him no favours.

Someone above said he injects pace to our game.  I agree.  When he plays the ball through the thirds directly to our front line, I love it.  But his tendency to slow the game by dwelling on it, or having no urgency about him, I think is killing us.

I think it's time to either move him or sell him.  We have to recalibrate our thinking and never play him at RB again.  It should be Bradley and Joe fighting it out for RB and Trent fighting it out with Macca or Dom for a midfield berth.

Today, he played 3 or 4 balls forward that were world class.  That quality is tempered by his lack of pace (he watches too many Pirlo videos when he needs to watch a few more Gattuso videos - a bit of both, please, Trent) and things like when he chipped a ball into the centre of the pitch from the right back position to absolutely nobody which led to a West Ham attack.

I wouldn't sell him.  I would play him in midfield.  Put him where he's dangerous and move him out of where he's a liability.

Our RB can then get into wider positions running forward which has completely disappeared since Trent came back in.

• Upvote 2