You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Apr 15-16 2023)

tlw content

roundupheader.jpg

Another highly productive weekend for those of totally invested in the "get Everton to the Championship" challenge. It wasn't a perfect set of results but the likelihood of them going down increased and that's all I'm looking for each week now. One step at a time.

And it feels like this was quite a big step, because Fulham at home is a game they'd have had circled for weeks as one of their best chances to pick up three points. Fulham have been in a bad run, they have no Mitrovic and the Blues are relying on the 'Goodison factor' to save them. So they had to win this one but they didn't.

This is such an unexpected bonus as I didn't think Fulham would have the necessary fight to stand up to the Goodison in relegation fight mode that we see in April and May. Lesser teams than Fulham have wilted *glares at Arsenal* but in the end Fulham were quite comfortable winners.

Quick mention on the impeccable minute's silence for the 97 pre-kick off. I'm not praising them for it as that would be pretty insulting, as it implies there was a chance they wouldn't observe it. I'd have been staggered if it didn't go the way it did, they've always been sound with Hillsborough tributes, because they lost friends and family members too let's not forget. They don't buy the S*n either. Which all makes it all the more sad that some of them resort to that 'Always the victim' shite.

Back to the game, and their squad is looking very thin right now. Some random cunt called James Garner started this game in place of the suspended Doucoure and that Maupay loser was up front in the continued absence of Calvert-Lewin. He was back for a behind closed doors game this week though. A 1-0 loss to Chester. Kinell.

If they can't beat Chester it's no surprise they were turned over by Fulham.

What makes this even sweeter though is that much of the damage was done by Harry Wilson. The first goal comes when Reed fired home after Harry's curler had struck the post. McNeil levelled with a nicely taken goal (I think he's trebled his career tally in the last few weeks) but our boy restored Fulham's lead with a composed finish before giving it a big knee slide in front of the away fans. Gerrinthere.

Everton are so shit that even Dan James scored. Bit lucky, he mis controlled it and it bounced back to him off the back of Keane but he finished it well. Another big knee slide in front of the Fulham fans, as the boos started to ring out. 

Loads of Reds are saying stuff like "they won't go down, there's always three worse teams than them". The first bit might be true, we'll see. But the second bit is bollocks. There are not three teams worse than them. I'm not even sure there's one that's worse. It's certainly conceivable that three teams may finish with fewer points, but Everton are as bad as anyone in this league. They'd be bottom already if they hadn't brought in Dyche.

View full article

• dave u pinned this topic

if City winning the title means that more people are pissed off and bitter about their cheating, then I'm all in on that.

Afuckinmen to that.

Had enough shithouses at the bottom licking their arse instead of complaining, here's looking at you, Bruce, Warnock, Woy etc.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Dave, not giving that cunt Hodgson even the tiniest bit of credit for Palace's revival, other than perhaps picking morale up. But he's inherited a pretty good squad with a favourable fixture list: Palace went on a pretty awful winless run from just after the WC resumption, but he basically had to cajole them through a cunt of a set of games. In that period they had games against both of the top two (Arsenal and Manchester City), most of the European challengers (Manchester Utd twice, Brighton twice, Liverpool and Spurs), a resurgent Villa and a top-half Brentford. The only bottom-half side he faced in that run was fucking Chelsea.

Since Hodgson has come in he's had three of the teams in the bottom five (Leicester, Leeds and Southampton) with Everton to come. As usual, the old fucking fraud is going to be lauded by his mates in the press when all that's happened is Palace have regressed to the mean now their brutal fixture list is over and there's only the bums remaining. He's a fucking jammy cunt.

• Upvote 13

18 hours ago, Manny said:

Sorry Dave, not giving that cunt Hodgson even the tiniest bit of credit for Palace's revival, other than perhaps picking morale up. But he's inherited a pretty good squad with a favourable fixture list: Palace went on a pretty awful winless run from just after the WC resumption, but he basically had to cajole them through a cunt of a set of games. In that period they had games against both of the top two (Arsenal and Manchester City), most of the European challengers (Manchester Utd twice, Brighton twice, Liverpool and Spurs), a resurgent Villa and a top-half Brentford. The only bottom-half side he faced in that run was fucking Chelsea.

Since Hodgson has come in he's had three of the teams in the bottom five (Leicester, Leeds and Southampton) with Everton to come. As usual, the old fucking fraud is going to be lauded by his mates in the press when all that's happened is Palace have regressed to the mean now their brutal fixture list is over and there's only the bums remaining. He's a fucking jammy cunt.

Tell that to Klopp, he's the one who dubbed him "Magic Man Roy", not me!

From the opening para 

It wasn't a perfect set of results but the likelihood of them going down increased and that's all I'm looking for each week now. One step at a time.

So this is another successful weekend. They got a draw but dropped into the bottom three. Job's a good 'un.

3 minutes ago, dave u said:

From the opening para 

It wasn't a perfect set of results but the likelihood of them going down increased and that's all I'm looking for each week now. One step at a time.

So this is another successful weekend. They got a draw but dropped into the bottom three. Job's a good 'un.

That's all I'm looking for. A West Ham draw or win today will see another team open up a 4-5 point gap over them and Everton. Leicester play Leeds next, so hopefully one of them will start to do the same. One team at a time pulling away.

• dave u unpinned this topic