You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where will we finish then?

an tha

Where will we finish?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. So where will we finish then?

• I am the eternal optimist - 1st
    • Still only one side better than us - 2nd
    • It is 20/21 all over again, we'll rally and finish 3rd
    • Top 4 is best we can hope 4 now and I reckon we will scrape 4th
    • No top 4 this season - 5th
    • We are heading for UEFA cup - 6th
    • From the European Cup Final to the Conference League - fuck! - 7th
    • 8th
    • Our lowest finish since we came back up in 1962 lower than 8th

This poll is closed to new votes

Dave has said this repeatedly and it seems to always get ignored. Just because we're a little bit shit doesn't mean the others aren't shitter. 

The advantages we have over Utd, Newcastle and Spurs are clear,

1) We have a better manager.

2) We have successfully been through this before.

I am struggling to find a number 3 to be positive a out but that's Jurgen's job and I'm fairly positive he will find a solution with the group he has or by adding someone else.

We've won 4 out of our last 5 league games.  We'll keep doing that kind if form with frustrating losses along the way but comfortably finish top 4 although well off 1st and probably 2nd.  We're way better than most teams and no worse than all but City.  These kinds of questions are always asked when on a low ebb.  We'll be grand. 

• Upvote 3

Top four is well within our reach but our performances have been on the wrong trajectory. We need to improve significantly or we could easily find ourselves in the 6th to 10th bracket.

Ive seen Villa fans banging on about how they’re only six points behind us. Clearly lower teams see is as a team they can hunt down.

I was confident of top 4 before the season got back underway, but I'm no longer feeling as confident. It just seems like the same issues game after game with no signs of them being fixed. My earlier optimism was also based on the assumption that we'd be insane not to bring in at least 1 new midfielder in this window, and yet I've seen a few worrying stories suggesting that any budget we did have has gone on Gakpo. Hopefully the journalists who wrote those those stories don't really have any real idea of what is going on at the club. At the moment I'm leaning towards 5th or 6th, but there's still a part of me that won't let go of the belief that we'll suddenly click into gear and go on a big run at some point. 

3 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

6th. 

Then listen to FSG propaganda from April onwards about how the summer transfer fund will be affected by the lack of CL football. 

This, although the talk of us, the only club in modern football whose spending power is mysteriously affected by CL qualification, having fuck all to spend in the summer will be in full-flow by late February.

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

We've won 4 out of our last 5 league games.  We'll keep doing that kind if form with frustrating losses along the way but comfortably finish top 4 although well off 1st and probably 2nd.  We're way better than most teams and no worse than all but City.  These kinds of questions are always asked when on a low ebb.  We'll be grand. 

I think the Real Madrid tie will give us an idea of whether our decline is something more terminal than other bad patches we've had under Klopp. 

Hopefully we'll be in the shape to give it the good rattle we owe them, but a damp squib of an exit would be extremely worrying. 

If we were to beat them, I reckon we'll remember who we are and the domestic performances will improve. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Repped for the positivity.

59 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

This, although the talk of us, the only club in modern football whose spending power is mysteriously affected by CL qualification, having fuck all to spend in the summer will be in full-flow by late February.

Weirdly it doesn't seem to affect any other teams in the league who try to compete near the top half of the table.

You'd think we had Barcelona levels of debt with a Tottenham level stadium to build the way the club carries on pleading poverty. Even after the Gakpo signing we were being told by the FSG apologist journalists that the club were stretched financially making the deal. 

3 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Villa should have put us out of the game in the first half with the chances they had. Leicester were better than us. Brentford tore us a new one.

I appreciate your points and positivity and wish I had similar confidence. 

I have gone for 5th on the assumption that the tight arses will not spend money on a midfielder.

6 hours ago, Harrison Booth said:

We have a better manager.

Based on this season? Must fucking hairy hoop we do!! He's persisted with the same system with same gobshites week after week in some vain hope that it will somehow change! And it won't, he's far too fucking stubborn, and it will cost him and us!

2 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Villa should have put us out of the game in the first half with the chances they had. Leicester were better than us. Brentford tore us a new one.

I appreciate your points and positivity and wish I had similar confidence. 

I have gone for 5th on the assumption that the tight arses will not spend money on a midfielder.

I agree with the points you've made about the Villa, Leicester and Brentford games, but I'm fucked if I know how you get from that to finishing 5th, especially when you know that we won't buy a decent midfielder!

• Downvote 1