You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Forced subservience always works so well.

In a country full of serfs aye....

Watch the stupid gets all over the games next weekend singing that horrible fucking dirge and getting all high and mighty along with the shithouse media et al about those of us who don't want to/wish to show our opposition to the idea of it and what it is subservient to and what it represents.

30 minutes ago, an tha said:

Club can't win.

Refuse and they'll be all over media for doing so.

Do it and fans will of course boo it and then that will be all over media.

It's a fucking stupid request and totally unecessary.

Those who don’t want to acknowledge it, just stay silent. Simple enough. Club can’t make anyone sing that dirge.

48 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Those who don’t want to acknowledge it, just stay silent. Simple enough. Club can’t make anyone sing that dirge.

Offends me to have it played in our home ground.....i don't see why it should be forced upon us and silence is not the way to show opposition to it IMO.

Observing a silence like when Lizzie died is fair enough - only a moron boos that or sings over it - just stay out of seats area and stay quiet until it is over was my way of dealing with it - but this shite is IMO different and for me if it is played people should if they wish freely show their opposition to it.

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

Offends me to have it played in our home ground.....i don't see why it should be forced upon us and silence is not the way to show opposition to it IMO.

Observing a silence like when Lizzie died is fair enough - only a moron boos that or sings over it - just stay out of seats area and stay quiet until it is over was my way of dealing with it - but this shite is IMO different and for me if it is played people should if they wish freely show their opposition to it.

I totally agree. I was just suggesting something that might not lead to the club, or all of our fans getting shit for. There will be those who are monarchists, tories, numpties who will sing or agree with it, such is the make up of our, and other clubs, support. And it is their right to sing clap or fart the national anthem.

I won’t be joining in, not for something that continues to give credence to a single entity, no matter how much supporters of that entity saying it’s for the nation.

Play Jerusalem and I might just hum along, because that’s for the nation, not an individual figurehead, a true National anthem.

2 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

I totally agree. I was just suggesting something that might not lead to the club, or all of our fans getting shit for. There will be those who are monarchists, tories, numpties who will sing or agree with it, such is the make up of our, and other clubs, support. And it is their right to sing clap or fart the national anthem.

I won’t be joining in, not for something that continues to give credence to a single entity, no matter how much supporters of that entity saying it’s for the nation.

Play Jerusalem and I might just hum along, because that’s for the nation, not an individual figurehead, a true National anthem.

Couldn't agree more about anthem.

I have two problems with it myself:

1. I don't believe in God

2. I am a citizen not a subject and refuse to "bow down" to the monarch/y.

I am not a nationalist but if the anthem at least was about the land/people as opposed to what it is - i'd simply ignore it as opposed to openly opposing it.

The issue is for me that it should not be forced upon football games - the bollocks happening next weekend has sod all to do with the footy...why force it? And the club is now in a tough spot as it will whatever happens attract negative attention - either in the unlikely event it refuses to play it or in the very likely event fans at the ground boo it and/or sing over it.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Really? A lifetime semi pro player/youth coach. Yeah, I see him having a top job in a few years, don't you? Forest have no business in the PL and neither does he.

If forest have no business in the PL, then it makes your statement even more ridiculous

10 minutes ago, Curly said:

If forest have no business in the PL, then it makes your statement even more ridiculous

Why? He was sacked by a Championship side and was beaten to the post by another - whose manger now has them in the top half of the Premiership. He is not a top manager imo, what do you think about his future?

21 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Why? He was sacked by a Championship side and was beaten to the post by another - whose manger now has them in the top half of the Premiership. He is not a top manager imo, what do you think about his future?

To be sacked immediately having reached the playoffs 3 times in his first 3 years as a club boss, then keeping a relegation favourite in the mix to stay up in his first ever season and their first season back in the premier league of course

2 minutes ago, Curly said:

To be sacked immediately having reached the playoffs 3 times in his first 3 years as a club boss, then keeping a relegation favourite in the mix to stay up in his first ever season and their first season back in the premier league of course

I agree - he could continue to do a similar job in the Championship. Thereabouts.

Lucky not to get sacked a couple of weeks ago don't you think?

1 minute ago, Curly said:

Especially given the turnover of players that the DoF (or equivalent) has already been sacked for.

If the structure at Forest is such that Cooper is the coach and doesn't have final say on transfers then the owner has already admitted where the failing was so to sack Cooper on that basis would be harsh.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Especially given the turnover of players that the DoF (or equivalent) has already been sacked for.

If the structure at Forest is such that Cooper is the coach and doesn't have final say on transfers then the owner has already admitted where the failing was so to sack Cooper on that basis would be harsh.

I think it would be harsh to sack him either way mate - as mentioned, they were favourites for the drop and he could still well keep them up.

The mentality now of sacking managers midway through a season when they took them up, knowing it was going to be tough, is such bollocks. If he was 10 points adrift, fair enough, but forest fans, the club, owners and manager knew what they were in for.

If they do go down, they and he get to go again - together. Actually build something. Instant gratification demands in football are insane. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, an tha said:

Couldn't agree more about anthem.

I have two problems with it myself:

1. I don't believe in God

2. I am a citizen not a subject and refuse to "bow down" to the monarch/y.

I am not a nationalist but if the anthem at least was about the land/people as opposed to what it is - i'd simply ignore it as opposed to openly opposing it.

The issue is for me that it should not be forced upon football games - the bollocks happening next weekend has sod all to do with the footy...why force it? And the club is now in a tough spot as it will whatever happens attract negative attention - either in the unlikely event it refuses to play it or in the very likely event fans at the ground boo it and/or sing over it.

Hasn't even happened yet but we're already a headline in the Daily Heil. 

10 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

He has also taken them down with that second half performance. Frank has had his number for a couple years. 

Keeper being beaten on his near post twice is something you can’t plan for. Terrible keeping.

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Really? A lifetime semi pro player/youth coach. Yeah, I see him having a top job in a few years, don't you? Forest have no business in the PL and neither does he.

I don't know about a top job, but considering how bad Lampard has been, its a bit weird to criticise his playing career. Especially when you bear in mind that Cooper is the younger of the two. He's earned his place.

• Upvote 1