You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

As sure as night follows day Ratboy is blaming the Glazers 

Screenshot_20230507-211323_Twitter.jpg

Really is like clockwork with this cunt, not a peep when they are winning mind. As bad as Everton and their stadium updates.

My mate also made a great point on this subject while watching Brighton on Thursday, they had their Glazers out banner on the go and sung the glazers out song but yet they've filled out the away stand at a stadium that is about as far as away trip as they can manage on a working day night, why are they spending a bucket load of cash and turning up to games if they legit want their ownership to go.

• Upvote 1

It's hard to believe this actually looks possible now but not that surprising Utd seem to be having nerves at the final stages. I didn't think we had much chance of winning 6 games in a row either though with what we've been going through this season. I'm not writing off Brighton either even though they have tough games after some of the results they've managed to get.

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

The door is still only maybe slightly ajar now.

Win our games, keep the pressure on. 

I will be pissed off if we narrowly miss out, there will be plenty of people asking why we couldn't have turned it on a week a two earlier to get the necessary points, but the fact we've put this run together is something we can take a lot of positives from, we'd be floating around 9th if we had carried on with our previous form. 

5 hours ago, Code said:

We need Newcastle to lose two and get one draw.

They have a superior goal difference to us, sadly.

But a losses to Arsenal and Brighton, and a draw with Chelsea could easily happen. 

If they lose two and win two of their remaining four, then their goal difference will be similar to what it is currently, at +32. If we win our three remaining games by an aggregate score of +7, we will also have a +32 goal difference. We have scored more so would finish above them. 

I think if we finish level on points with Newcastle, will be ok. Big IF

Neville was blowing smoke up their arses when they were 'title challengers'

And as for recruitment etc - i am sure they'll at least match their (correct use of the word their here, Neville) 200m plus net spend from this season next season.

Tit.

Bar City this league is a shambles really.

we are miles off the pace, Chelsea are a bunch of expensive flops, Utd are still Utd of last year with one or two Dutch players, Newcastle have hit their ceiling, spurs are spurs and Arsenal are having the season of their lives but still falling short.

I haven’t seen the premier league look this weak for a long while.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Very nice of Rice. 

He was outstanding for WHU last night. I was previously apathetic towards him, the handful of games I’ve watched him this season he’s been the best player on the pitch each game. I’m of the opinion now he’d be great for us. 

Shame he allegedly wants to stay in London.

12 hours ago, Aventus said:

Win our games, keep the pressure on. 

I will be pissed off if we narrowly miss out, there will be plenty of people asking why we couldn't have turned it on a week a two earlier to get the necessary points, but the fact we've put this run together is something we can take a lot of positives from, we'd be floating around 9th if we had carried on with our previous form. 

I'm not sure we will win our games. It's not just that we need to win 3, we need to extend our unlikely 6 wins run to a 9 wins run, at the end of a poor season. We have improved but still need lucky breaks in games to win.