You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This Meghan and Harry Thing

Bjornebye

15 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The next time you see this plonker on video he’ll be getting cornered by vigilante nonce hunters after trying to send dick picks to a 12 year old girl online. 

Aaarrrrgghhhh his fucking voice. 

Why is anyone that arsed about the Royal fucking family. Flag shagging weirdos.

29 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

There are people in Stoke who actually think Liverpool is a shithole.

I was at a match against Stoke a few years ago.  I was down near the away fans and they were all singing "Liverpool's a shithole. I wanna go home." I shouted "you live in STOKE!" and some fat bloke looked across and gave me a "fair enough" shrug.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What two cultures at war exactly? 

Broadly speaking, for the lack of better terminology and without giving it too much thought, it seems to be "traditionalists" versus "progressives", which may evolve when more of a national pride gets a bigger role.  But that is less interesting, more interesting is that "progressives" are entirely focused on identity, in this case racial. Hence my question / hypothesis about the final, symbolic  triumph of identity ideology or ideologies, which seem to be quite prevalent now, at least in the Anglosphere.

In one article (could be New Yorker) royal family is significantly referred to as "the bastion of whiteness", not the bastion of hereditary, aristocratic privilege. There is a situation of some kind of spat within that family unfolding in front of us, where two of them, based in a billionaire's home, rent free, and on a clear mission of further establishing their separate brand in the US speak about their problems with the rest of that vastly reach family to another billionaire, and all people talk about, what gets headlines, is how it affects the race issue, identity aspect.   

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Broadly speaking, for the lack of better terminology and without giving it too much thought, it seems to be "traditionalists" versus "progressives", which may evolve when more of a national pride gets a bigger role.  But that is less interesting, more interesting is that "progressives" are entirely focused on identity, in this case racial. Hence my question / hypothesis about the final, symbolic  triumph of identity ideology or ideologies, which seem to be quite prevalent now, at least in the Anglosphere.

In one article (could be New Yorker) royal family is significantly referred to as "the bastion of whiteness", not the bastion of hereditary, aristocratic privilege. There is a situation of some kind of spat within that family unfolding in front of us, where two of them, based in a billionaire's home, rent free, and on a clear mission of further establishing their separate brand in the US speak about their problems with the rest of that vastly reach family to another billionaire, and all people talk about, what gets headlines, is how it affects the race issue, identity aspect.   

You mean a woman who has a husband who loves her accuses his family of being racist and he stands by her thus creating a divide between decent people appalled that she has had to go through and and those who think she is either lying or being "woke". 

• Upvote 1