You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Giro d'Italia 2020 edition

dockers_strike

The 2nd of the season's classic bike races starts today with a 15km time trial (not my favourite leg!). Coverage is on Eurosport 2 from 2pm although it's suggested Eurosport 1 will start coverage at 12.30 but that seems to clash with the published Roland Garros tennis.

It's suggested most teams will be fielding different riders due to le tour only finishing very recently or will there be some surprises? Geraint Thomas and Simon Yates amongst the rumoured starters.

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

I like watching these races for the scenery. Quite happy to stick on Eurosport and take in the sights. 

There's some fantastic scenery on these classic. I love it when they ride in the mountains. I dont know how they find the energy to race up some of those inclines!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I'm always amazed at the quality of the tarmac. The roads are pristine! 

Yeah, you can imagine all the local councils and highways departments going 'Shit! The race is coming through here. Better get them potholes filled, a new top layer of tarmacadam put down and white lines painted before Prudhomme and the tv cameras arrive!'

12 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah, you can imagine all the local councils and highways departments going 'Shit! The race is coming through here. Better get them potholes filled, a new top layer of tarmacadam put down and white lines painted before Prudhomme and the tv cameras arrive!'

The tour de Yorkshire route probably has multiple sets of temporary traffic lights,bollards and portakabins full of workers drinking cups of tea. 'Ey up lads,look at those jessies in tart's clothes riding their fancy bikes. We'll soon stop'em.'