You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

47 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I mean, the party is literally called Labour. Anyone who didn't understand that that meant prioritising working people is in grave need of remedial English lessons.

'Why the fuck are you lounging about in bed young lady?

Don't you know the name of our party is called "Labour" 

20240312_195347.jpg

29 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The fella who's statue I pass every day created the NHS. You and your family have probably used it. 

My grandfather was the first GP in Huyton.

You'd know where that was if you had any connection to Liverpool.

12 minutes ago, Strontium said:

My grandfather was the first GP in Huyton.

You'd know where that was if you had any connection to Liverpool.

I know precisely where Huyton is.. You, meanwhile have no idea where the Labour Party was. 

The fact your grandfather was in the NHS makes your 'its called Labour its on the tin' comments even more distasteful. You should be ashamed of yourself.

If Stronts uncle declared someone disabled and unfit for work I'd rather take his opinion as a qualified doctor than some politican or no nothing pen pusher from the DWP. 

Just because a small minority try to play the system, it should not be used as an excuse by politicians to punish the vast majority who have the misfortune to have a disability or suffer from bad health. Also, they should not be classed as being unworthy of political representation. 

32 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Was it Hillside House surgery? If so, they were my GP for years, probably after your grandads time to be fair.

Aye, Hillside House back then. It was also the family home. I think the surgery is in a new building now. He was in Huyton from 1936, at Hillside from 1941 until he died in 1968.

22 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Aye, Hillside House back then. It was also the family home. I think the surgery is in a new building now. He was in Huyton from 1936, at Hillside from 1941 until he died in 1968.

Yeah, bit before my time. Mad to think that surgery he was at from 1941 still exists in one form or another over 80 years later.

They had a satellite surgery on Rupert Road too which is round the corner from my parents gaff. The surgery is in Bluebell Health Centre now which is on the site of the old Bluebell pub.

Hillside House is a private residence now, and whoever has bought it has done a cracking job with it.

Well we're all Tories now said Starmer and tonight it seems the future Labour Chancellor is once again bowing down to the ghost of Thatcherism. Nice. 

My recollections of that fucking awful time are similar as Barney the writer from Viz. Although instead of in and out of work many were in and out of prison. 

Barney's not wrong there. "Decade of renewal" Oh do fuck off  

Excellent article this from a couple of years ago on how Thatcherism ruined Britain. 

And from the democratically elected (kicked out) Major of the North East. 

I disagree a bit with Seddon below II think it's a totally normal statement from Reeves if you've listened to her these past few years. Not strange at all. He's right on his main points though. 

Osland sums up the grim reality. 

They can't win can they......constantly knocked as either irresponsible, reckless and unfunded blah blah blah even when it was - so they go out their way to show they aren't and get knocked for being same as or even worse than the tories and offering nothing new or different 

The tories ably backed by their media and public stupidity really have cornered them on this issue.

And any good ideas they do have and make noise about now would probably be stolen by the tories before the election.

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

They can't win can they......constantly knocked as either irresponsible, reckless and unfunded blah blah blah even when it was - so they go out their way to show they aren't and get knocked for being same as or even worse than the tories and offering nothing new or different 

The tories ably backed by their media and public stupidity really have cornered them on this issue.

And any good ideas they do have and make noise about now would probably be stolen by the tories before the election.

They can and we can. Labour are 20 plus points up in the polls because the public are sick of this tory government and sick of these tory policies. 

It's more surprising (even to those in the media, look at the Sky interview) why Reeves and Co haven't got an alternative fiscal plan to turn round the country.

Labour have a free hit, they have no excuses. No one in the country expects them to reinvent Thatcherism and no one in the country wants them to. 

42 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Living in present day Tory Britain and worrying about Labour is like the Elephant Man worrying about a spot.

Ahhh,  we are a bit better than  them over there!!  Really!!  What policy announcement made by Labour will turn the Elephant man into a spot? It would be welcomed. Would a return to the Thatcher days seem like a "spot"

Anyway Reeves speech was not talking about "Tory Britain" it was a speech talking about Labour Britain, hence why every TV, radio station is analysing it.

Also,  people are not 'worrying" about Labour, they are dissecting what the outlook may look like under a Labour government from the speechs (like tonight) and pronouncements they make.

Anyways what's your thoughts these pronouncements by Reeves? Would you welcome a decade of late seventies, eighties policies? 

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Ahhh,  we are a bit better than  them over there!!  Really!!  What policy announcement made by Labour will turn the Elephant man into a spot? It would be welcomed.

Anyway Reeves speech was not talking about "Tory Britain" it was a speech talking about Labour Britain, hence why every TV, radio station is analysing it.

Also,  people are not 'worrying" about Labour, they are dissecting what the outlook may look like under a Labour government from the speechs (like tonight) and pronouncements they make.

Anyways what's your thoughts these pronouncements by Reeves? Would you welcome a return to late seventies, eighties policies? 

I wipe my arse with your opinions wee man, I grew up in Speke in the 80s and went to school in Toxteth. I've worked for charities in Anfield that worked with asylum seekers and the utterly destitute. I've worked for Labour in the corbyn era and been covering local politics for local rags and known local politicians since about 2007.

You know fuck all about anything you post, and what makes it worse is you don't care. It's like someone dropped a few momentum leaflets and student newspaper in a blender, swallowed it then stuck their fingers down their throat. 

Bona fide troll that likes to do the old rope a dope "I see what you says...but what about?!"

Feeble minded, Sputnik shagging cockwamble.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

Anyone backing Reeves tonight needs to give their head a good wobble. Or better have a five minute talk to one of the 3 million plus people who Thatcher threw on the dole during that period. 

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I wipe my arse with your opinions wee man, I grew up in Speke in the 80s and went to school in Toxteth. I've worked for charities in Anfield that worked with asylum seekers and the utterly destitute. I've worked for Labour in the corbyn era and been covering local politics for local rags and known local politicians since about 2007.

You know fuck all about anything you post, and what makes it worse is you don't care. It's like someone dropped a few momentum leaflets and student newspaper in a blender, swallowed it then stuck their fingers down their throat. 

Bona fide troll that likes to do the old rope a dope "I see what you says...but what about?!"

Feeble minded, Sputnik shagging cockwamble.

Just abuse. No answers. Still if it makes you feel better. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I’ve seen some takedowns on this forum but Section might have just ran off with the green jacket 

Wonder why he didn't answer the questions though?  You got any opinion on Reeves/Thatcher love in?

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Wonder why he didn't answer the questions though?  You got any opinion on Reeves/Thatcher love in?

I can’t stand Reeves and I’ve said that plenty of times. I wouldn’t trust her as far as I could throw her syrup. 

I still retain a molecule of hope that this is all a smokescreen to pull the centrists over to Labour so it’s such a comprehensible election win that the tories never recover and Labour make solid, positive changes to British society. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I can’t stand Reeves and I’ve said that plenty of times. I wouldn’t trust her as far as I could throw her syrup. 

Fair enough. I was only commenting on her speech tonight where she dragged the past of Thatcherism from the dead. Anyone who lived through that time gets a shiver at that thought.