You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation 5

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

Thanks for the heads up mate. 

Imagine the heartbreak of opening the ps5 and having to wait 24 hours. Or finding the controller is cream crackered. Or the disk drive doesn’t work. I’d say it needs to be tested for at least the duration of Elden Ring.

4 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I don’t even know their usernames or passwords on their accounts and would give it away if I started asking questions. 

They’re getting it early anyway as they’ll be I. Ireland Christmas Day this year so they might just have to wait the 24 hours. 

Do they already have a ps4? I’d say use your imagination. Maybe say you have seen the trailer for uncharted and it’s based on a PlayStation game, can you show me how to login to your account so I can find out more about the game?

20 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Will everything they have on the PS4 just transfer across like when you upgrade your iPhone? 

If they're on PS Plus then cloud saves should be available, but not sure. Didn't move anything over myself. It might vary for each game. 

38 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Will everything they have on the PS4 just transfer across like when you upgrade your iPhone? 

No but everything will be available to download, it just won't download it. They will get to choose what to download.

You can cloud save and/or transfer everything over via common network, it takes a good few hours, depending on amount of data.

I have recently done it and it is very easy.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/transfer-games-saved-data-ps4-ps5/

Data Transfer from PS4™ consoles to PS5™  consoles

Transferring data won't overwrite or delete data on your PS5 console or PS4 console. During initial PS5 console setup, you can transfer data for multiple players. After the initial setup is done, you can transfer data for one signed-in account at a time.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, the game that comes with it (Astro's Playroom) is quality, so enough to play while sorting other things out but getting the system update sorted (just a matter of turning it on, getting it on wifi and letting it go) would probably be worthwhile as it will be a few gigabytes.

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Am I right in assuming that if you pre-order you get both the PS4 and PS5 versions? Edit: Just seen you can get PS4 version for £59.99 and PS5 version for £69.99. £10 PS5 tax.

I paid £64.99 on Amazon but had a £10 promotional voucher, so got it for £54.99.

• 2 weeks later...

The preowned section in Game for PS5 is bustling. I don't think people buy preowned games much anymore. I picked up The Pathless, Madden 22 and Far Cry 6 all for less than £20. The Pathless is highly rated but under marketed so a bit of a hidden gem and £23 on Amazon by itself.

• 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Baresi said:

Robbing pricks, aren’t they? Over fifty of the bundles but none with just the console and extra controller. Not really a FIFA fan either, but fuck it. I’ve waited two years for one so I might as well. Thanks for the heads up mate. Much appreciated. 

• Upvote 1