You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Over 40's vs the Under 40's

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Tell that to the thousands of miners,steelworkers,etc who lost their whole existence and fell into ill health,depression and financial ruin and died as a result. She was close enough.

Weird, eh.

Closing down mines... history's most unlikely environmentalist.

2 minutes ago, skaro said:

Weird, eh.

Closing down mines... history's most unlikely environmentalist.

Without re-training and no other jobs to go to just for the sake of 'union bashing.' We also continued to import millions of tons of coal and steel,and still do today. Silicon Valley could easily have been in the UK had it not been for that cunt of a government.

8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Without re-training and no other jobs to go to just for the sake of 'union bashing.' We also continued to import millions of tons of coal and steel,and still do today. Silicon Valley could easily have been in the UK had it not been for that cunt of a government.

Mine was hopefully a patently ironic comment, not in a million years an endorsement.

And yes, the "re-training and no other jobs to go to" is a very pertinent point.

Our most recent election in Australia was heavily influenced in one of our states by people worrying that a huge mining project not going ahead was going to deprive thousands of people of a living.

18 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Tell that to the thousands of miners,steelworkers,etc who lost their whole existence and fell into ill health,depression and financial ruin and died as a result. She was close enough.

Fucking hell vladi,  I was a kid just sharing a kids perspective of the auld boot, I know how much of a cunt it was, I went the dole with me da to signon enough. I was taking a playful punt, I don’t really wish all millennials dead - just stig, ardja, elite and a few of the other little bollocks spoiling the brekky thread.  Yer big runcornian shit yer.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, skaro said:

Mine was hopefully a patently ironic comment, not in a million years an endorsement.

And yes, the "re-training and no other jobs to go to" is a very pertinent point.

Our most recent election in Australia was heavily influenced in one of our states by people worrying that a huge mining project not going ahead was going to deprive thousands of people of a living.

Apologies for not getting the irony.

Its amazing how the act of 'creating jobs' can blindfold people from other major considerations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Fucking hell vladi,  I was a kid just sharing a kids perspective of the auld boot, I know how much of a cunt it was, I went the dole with me da to signon enough. I was taking a playful punt, I don’t really wish all millennials dead - just stig, ardja, elite and a few of the other little bollocks spoiling the brekky thread.  Yer big runcornian shit yer.

Its a touchy subject mate and one where my red mist clouds my better judgement and humour.

3 hours ago, skaro said:

The irony of course is that the thousands of jobs is right wing lies pushed by  the government and the  would-be mine owners. The whole thing will be largely automated.

4 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

The irony of course is that the thousands of jobs is right wing lies pushed by  the government and the  would-be mine owners. The whole thing will be largely automated.

As will everything soon of course.  AI is  going to make the jobs ticket harder and harder to peddle for opportunistic pollies.

On 21/11/2019 at 14:00, viRdjil said:

I’m 34. I’ve started going proper grey. I’m actually fitter than ever this year, but boy oh boy... these days I just can’t deal with hangovers. Especially when ‘party treats’ are involved.

Proper grey?  

At first I thought I’d misread the post. 

Then I realized you miswrote it. 

• Upvote 3