You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

International (Sections) Draft Group 2

Bjornebye

Top 2 Go Through   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Top 2 Go Through

Please vote for your top 2 teams. Try and give reasoning for your votes. 

Do not vote for your own team. 

You can vote even if you didn't play. 

Deadline is Midday Friday 29th March. 

John 102

1745144_Football_Manager_Team.jpg

Elite

1745176_Boca_Juniors.jpg

Dynamite

1745124_RNK_Split.jpg

MegadriveMan

1745136_Liechtenstein.jpg

Guest Alex_K

John -- Power-house midfield which I always love to see. Ideally prefer to see Zanetti at full back and one of the full backs switched out for a midfielder.

Elite -- Not as strong as usually. Lot of good players but few from the top draw (Henry; Scoles; Nesta; R. Carlos ... Aimar was a very good player but don't think he made the leap to the greats).

Dynamite -- Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Cafu are the standouts. Not convinced at all by Tymoshuk, Shaqiri, Tierney and -- to a lesser extent -- Barthez. Good midfield but Seedorf & Cambiasso were - for my money - a clear level below Xavi, Pirlo, Iniesta, Gerrard etc. in the all-time lists.

MegadriveMan -- would love to have seen that line-up in a 4-2-3-1. Bit too attacking in personnel - Schneider was at his best as an attacking midfielder really, which leaves Fernandinho as a lone midfielder. Maicon was a monster at his very best but in such an attacking line-up, both full backs can be got at. Some great picks though. Nedved & Figo as the wide-men - does it get much better than that??

29 minutes ago, John102 said:

Ill give my opinions on the teams later. Goes without saying that my midfield dominates all of the above and think my team would comfortably win a game of footy against the above.

Defo the best midfield in this group but Zanetti is out of position. 

Elite -- on reflection, i like this team. De Ligt being so young doesnt help, think youth always counts against player sin these nostalgic reviews. Agree with Alex that their are fewer star players in this team, however, for my mind, also fewer obvious weak players and that for me should also count for something.

Dynamite -- I am genuinely surprised this team has so many votes, and echo what Alex said pretty much. Shaqiri has rarely been a starter at any top team, despite a few very good performances earlier in the season. I also cant look beyond a 3 man midfield with Tymoshchuk at the base, considerably the weakest midfielder in the group. Think would hinder the full backs getting forward, as would leave defence too exposed.

MegadriveMan -- Probably my no 1 pick from this group. This team is strong throughout and has a really good midfield. I am not a massive fan of Totti, however, if anything, his ability to drop deeper just makes that middle even stronger. Think this team would just be too strong for those above. 

I really like Megadrive Man’s team. I had to do a bit of research re Alex Telles, he doesn’t seem a bad player. I like the midfield setup with Totti having a free role to roam between the lines. 

Dynamite’s team has a nice balance to it. No one out of position. I actually think Shaqiri could work well with Cafu overlapping and Seedorf roaming. Never seen Tierney play but Stig seems to think he’s as good as Robbo. 

John’s team have some great footballers, and he’s right... he’d probably get 80% possession every game. However it lacks pace... and Javier Zanetti was an elite wide player (in midfield, at the back, or in between), but I’m not convinced he’s a good enough ball winner for him to do the job you need him to do to win the ball in midfield. Hamsik is also more an attack-minded CM than a no 10. 

Elite’s team... I like seeing Carlos as a wing-back. Reminded me of Brazil’s setup for World Cup 2002. Nesta is the best defender in this league, if not the whole draft. However, he’s really been asked to carry the whole defence ok his own there.. Garay was decent player, never really made it to the top. De Ligt whilst promising, hasn’t really done anything yet. His worst crime: picking Bosingwa, as he was shite.

John 102

Good luck getting the ball off that middle 3 although I think Zanetti isn't in his best position. Not a fan of Hamsik and can't remember seeing him have a decent game to be honest. I don't believe the hype. Other than that a solid side. 

Elite

Replace Lukaku and Boswinga with better players and thats a contending side. Love Carlos at wing back. 

Dynamite

Weakest midfield in the draft but the defence and attack are great. Ronaldo and Ronaldinho in the same side guarantees goals. Wont concede many either but that midfield worries me. 

MegadriveMan

On paper the best side in the group. I would have shuffled the formation a bit and either had a diamond midfield or Totti in behind Falco. 

Gone for MegadriveMan and Dynamite (despite his midfield)