You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Darts Championship

The Golden Eel

Guest Pistonbroke

The way come back on stage after the break to go on and win the game was class. When he plays like that, nobody will come close to beating him.

Looking forward to the world's now.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

The Worlds is going to be good, I fancy an outside bet on Cross, the format will suit him better than straight legs, he's in excellent form. But MGV is the player to beat with Anderson and Wright being in with a chance. 

Feel sorry for Wright, another final defeat although he was fortunate to beat Anderson. A decent fella who can't quite beat MvG when he's in that form, no-one can mind.

Right time for Taylor to retire although he's still comfortably amongst the top 4 players in the world. He's an arrogant weird bad loser, in saying that I hope Sky hire him as a pundit.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Just started.

Hard to look past MVG again.

Thanks for the reminder mate. Nice to see the sports streaming portal I use have it in original commentary. 

Yeah, hard to see past MVG but it always is. Wright is always a danger and in good form and you can never write off Gary Anderson at the Worlds. Fancy Rob Cross as an outside bet E/W. Of the rest Gurney, Taylor and maybe Lewis. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Hope Taylor goes out first round and his retirement party goes down like a lead balloon.

Yeah, that would be ace. These early rounds with first to 3 sets are always a leveller if the big names don't hit the ground running. 

Im passionate about darts. I went to the worlds when it was at the Circus Tavern, was brilliant day out.

As an aside, I went to a legends of darts exhibition a couple of years back. Was held at a local club. There wasnt many people there and I spent most of the night actually sat drinking and chatting with Eric Bristow, Keith Deller, John Lowe and Bobby George. 

As for the upcoming worlds, its MVG all the way. Id quite like to see Taylor roll back the years, yes he's a tit, but I doubt we will see talent like that again.

Outside bets- Simon Whitlock, Daryl Gurney and Adrian Lewis if he gets his head right.        

Guest Pistonbroke

Kist played well in that first set but loses it 3-0 to MVG. Kist just missing the bull on a 184 and then a 161 finish. MVG is a great player and I don't mind him that much, wish he'd fuck off with his chest pumping bollocks though. 

Guest Pistonbroke

MVG wins 3-1 against Kist who averaged over a 100 and played OK, MVG with a slack 106 average. Tougher matches to come but looks in decent form, as you'd expect. 

Hope this arrogant gobshyte Gerwin Price gets beat next up, although that Evetts bloke hasn't beaten anybody of note on the European tour, so I won't hold my breath. 

I did Lewis 50, Michael Smith 150 and Bunting 400. I think I've got a bet on Taylor too but it's slightly hazy

Smith and Bunting are good bets. Although they can be redhot and then stink the place out.

I guess its what seperates Taylor and MVG from the rest. You sometimes see Barney smash someone in the quarter final and you get carried away thinking on that form he has a chance. Next game he just looks dis-interested and beaten after the first set doesnt go his way.

Anyone but Peter Wright. Very good player but the circus look gives darts critics a good laugh      

Guest Pistonbroke

Poor from Gary Anderson. Just the 132 average in that set.

Top heavy scoring, but he had a few problems on the double. If he sorts that out he'll be a handful, he is in the harder half of the draw though.  Been some good contests in tonight's session.