You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

Make money on him? Oh yeah, fuck titles and trophies. Make money by se.. Wait, trophies mean money though. Ugh,

I suppose to be fair to FSG they didn't force Torres or Suarez out, they both pushed to go. Neither left with a sackful of trophies or winners medals but went for handsome profit.

I shouldn't have clicked on that secret footballer thing about an alleged nonce, but isn't something similar going on with all Clubs in Europe including us. Although in our case the slice from the inflated transfer fees under the table goes to the owners and the committee. Fraudsters.

I suppose to be fair to FSG they didn't force Torres or Suarez out, they both pushed to go. Neither left with a sackful of trophies or winners medals but went for handsome profit.

...and sadly that's what we've become.

I think we dropped our interest in Teixeira long time ago. Shakthar is know for doing business face to face and there's a reason for that. When we came in with a bid they probably thought they could start a bidding war by leaking the news (which I think was their work, not Lvierpools). So, as per usual, they made sure Ian Ayre boarded that plane and the minute it took of they informed the press about it. No escaping for Liverpool.

The board was probably fuming over this, hence why negotiations never kicked off the way Shahktar had planned, especially since Chelsea weren't in on it.

By now the story's so embarassing for both parts that the only ones who proceeds talks are de desperate player, his agent, twitter mongs and Liverpool fans.

In short: we're not in negotiations and Teixeira won't switch clubs this window.

Liverpool have reportedly had a third bid for Shakhtar Donetsk forward Alex Teixeira rejected.

According to Marc Williams in the Daily Star, the Reds have been left disappointed again after Shakhtar turned down their latest £31 million bid for the Brazilian star—following previous offers of £25 million and £28 million.

The report indicates that the Ukrainian outfit are holding out for £38 million, despite Teixeira recently having unequivocally stated he wants to leave the club: "It would be an honour to defend the Liverpool shirt," he said.

"Yes, it’s correct I want to go there, it’s a huge club and so many great players have passed through there. But there has only been one offer of €32 million and Shakhtar rejected it. It is frustrating but the manager and club president decided against it so now I am just waiting, trying to be patient."

Liverpool's interest in Teixeira, 26, is unsurprising given that he has netted a staggering 22 league goals in 15 appearances this season, per WhoScored.com.

But it seems Shakhtar will not let him go for any less than they believe he is worth and it is now up to Liverpool to decide whether they will meet the asking price

Liverpool have reportedly had a third bid for Shakhtar Donetsk forward Alex Teixeira rejected.

According to Marc Williams in the Daily Star, the Reds have been left disappointed again after Shakhtar turned down their latest £31 million bid for the Brazilian star—following previous offers of £25 million and £28 million.

The report indicates that the Ukrainian outfit are holding out for £38 million, despite Teixeira recently having unequivocally stated he wants to leave the club: "It would be an honour to defend the Liverpool shirt," he said.

"Yes, it’s correct I want to go there, it’s a huge club and so many great players have passed through there. But there has only been one offer of €32 million and Shakhtar rejected it. It is frustrating but the manager and club president decided against it so now I am just waiting, trying to be patient."

Liverpool's interest in Teixeira, 26, is unsurprising given that he has netted a staggering 22 league goals in 15 appearances this season, per WhoScored.com.

But it seems Shakhtar will not let him go for any less than they believe he is worth and it is now up to Liverpool to decide whether they will meet the asking price

If we have put in a third bid of £31m I think this will probably get done, we're just delaying the inevitable bending over.

That said, The Echo seem to think we didn't even put in a second bid.

If they rejected 31m then I think we need to walk away before this gets embarrassing. Klopp has made many more astute signings in his career. I'd like to believe, possibly naively, that he could maybe get a couple of good players for that.

If we were city or Chelsea, or even United, then you could understand ritualistically having our pants pulled down. We just don't have the revenue to justify it. It's not sustainable and it'll impact our budget for other targets.

I think we dropped our interest in Teixeira long time ago. Shakthar is know for doing business face to face and there's a reason for that. When we came in with a bid they probably thought they could start a bidding war by leaking the news (which I think was their work, not Lvierpools). So, as per usual, they made sure Ian Ayre boarded that plane and the minute it took of they informed the press about it. No escaping for Liverpool.

The board was probably fuming over this, hence why negotiations never kicked off the way Shahktar had planned, especially since Chelsea weren't in on it.

By now the story's so embarassing for both parts that the only ones who proceeds talks are de desperate player, his agent, twitter mongs and Liverpool fans.

In short: we're not in negotiations and Teixeira won't switch clubs this window.

You may well be right on this mate.

time to walk away  he is uncapped  untested in a  real league and is 26  years old  i thought our first bid was fair 

if its true the likes of  chelsea  walked away because of the asking price then there is no shame in us doing the same and hope the player has a shit 2nd half of the season and his value drops like a rock for the summer 

time to walk away  he is uncapped  untested in a  real league and is 26  years old  i thought our first bid was fair 

if its true the likes of  chelsea  walked away because of the asking price then there is no shame in us doing the same and hope the player has a shit 2nd half of the season and his value drops like a rock for the summer 

Pre Klopp these are exactly the qualities that would have attracted us like a moth to the flame.