You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another US Shooting

General Dryness

18 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Sorry, didn’t notice the link given the time I posted, and hadn’t clicked on it. Can a mod delete the tweet please. Thanks. Apologies for any offence caused.

No worries.  These things happen & I've done it myself.

Story is on BBC website
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66061204 

40 minutes ago, skend04 said:

That's genuinely insane. It's essentially domestic, state sponsored terrorism. On this occasion the state is the very people you vote for.

Bullet proof back packs, not going to the cinema etc.  Absolutely no way to live in a 'civilized' society.  

17 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Seems not all of them would stop an AR15 round.

Not designed for use against an AR-15?  Best hope the twat doing the shooting only has a measly 9MM then.
I honestly cannot imagine going school wondering if today's the day I get shot.   

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Not designed for use against an AR-15?  Best hope the twat doing the shooting only has a measly 9MM then.
I honestly cannot imagine going school wondering if today's the day I get shot.   

Nobody was safe from a well aimed dolly beed in our school 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nobody was safe from a well aimed dolly beed in our school 

I hesitate to ask but what the fuck is a dolly beed? 

Some of our teachers could have been considered Dolly Birds I guess but dolly beed?  Not a scooby doo. 

33 minutes ago, Pete said:

I hesitate to ask but what the fuck is a dolly beed? 

Some of our teachers could have been considered Dolly Birds I guess but dolly beed?  Not a scooby doo. 

Sorry bead not beed 

98F89743-21B0-4621-8C7D-EB566121D2D2.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 16/07/2022 at 14:21, Anubis said:

Simpo putting the entire Uvalde police force to shame.

The teenage cousin of the gunman responsible for the 2022 Uvalde, Texas school shooting was arrested Monday on suspicion of threatening to “do the same thing” to a school, according to court documents obtained by CNN.

Nathan James Cruz, 17, was arrested on a felony charge of making a terroristic threat to a public place and a misdemeanor charge of making a terroristic threat against a family member, according to Bexar County Central Magistrate records.

Cruz is the cousin of Salvador Ramos, the 18-year-old who fatally shot 19 children and two teachers at Robb Elementary School in May 2022, San Antonio police Sgt. Washington Moscoso told NYT on Monday.

The mother allegedly overheard a phone conversation in which Cruz was attempting to illegally acquire an AR-15-style assault rifle – the same style used by Ramos to carry out the Uvalde shooting, according to the affidavit.

His mother told investigators she was “especially concerned because the suspect is currently on probation, was intoxicated at the time” and because the family lives across the street from an elementary school, the affidavit states.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A military firearms instructor who has spent time in a mental health facility for hearing voices and who has previously threatened to shoot up a military base. Sounds like a very bad combination when he’s likely pilfered a weapon off base. That looks like a full assault rifle.

4 hours ago, niallers said:

https://news.sky.com/story/at-least-22-killed-in-lewiston-shooting-with-police-in-maine-still-hunting-for-gunman-12992832

22 shot dead and 50 to 60 injured and he's still at large! What a fucked up country that is.

Fuck sake. That is horrific. 

What we need is more guns so people can defend themselves.