You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

17 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

I’m not saying he was a terrible player. Functional and did a lot of the dog work but he was extremely fortunate the position he found himself in. I compare it to a lot of the players like Neville, O’Shea, Rafael and Wes brown under Ferguson.

Neville doesn't belong in that group , He was a consistent top quality RB over many years , played 400 games for Utd 85 caps for England . The others were not in his league .  Henderson was closer to Neville than Wes Brown  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Daily Fail claiming that Henderson wants out of Saudi and is looking for a Premier League return. They claim it’s for all the reasons people mentioned on here why it would be mad to go and play out there. The heat, different way of life, uninspired by the poor attendances for his clubs game. 

It’s time to bring him home. 

Although that obviously depends on whether Sunderland can get promoted to the Premier League.

Agree. If they dont go up, maybe he can do a job there.

Poch refuses to be drawn on Henderson

Chelsea boss Mauricio Pochettino refused to be drawn on whether the club has any interest in former Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson after reports emerged he is 'desperate' for a return to the Premier League fromSaudi Arabia.

"We didn't talk about names. At the moment we are not talking about players," Pochettino said after the 4-0 FA Cup third-round win over Preston.

"I saw [Chelsea chiefs] Behdad Eghbali, with Paul Winstanley and Laurence Stewart. I think tomorrow [Sunday] we are going to have a chat. 

"We didn't talk about names or players. For now we are focusing on players like Andrey Santos.

"Tomorrow I will chat with the owners and sporting director." 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

Poch refuses to be drawn on Henderson

Chelsea boss Mauricio Pochettino refused to be drawn on whether the club has any interest in former Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson after reports emerged he is 'desperate' for a return to the Premier League fromSaudi Arabia.

"We didn't talk about names. At the moment we are not talking about players," Pochettino said after the 4-0 FA Cup third-round win over Preston.

"I saw [Chelsea chiefs] Behdad Eghbali, with Paul Winstanley and Laurence Stewart. I think tomorrow [Sunday] we are going to have a chat. 

"We didn't talk about names or players. For now we are focusing on players like Andrey Santos.

"Tomorrow I will chat with the owners and sporting director." 

1.if he went to Chelsea...fucking hell...talk about taking another massive shite over  what's left of your legacy

2. I do think.Chelsea are terminally fucking stupid right now, but this would be off the scale

Come on lads wise up.....

It'd be hilarious if after being champion of LGBTQ, shitting all over this alliance by going to Saudi where they kill homosexuals and then leaving them to join a club commonly known as the rent boys.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn’t be that arsed if he went to Chelsea. If he left us and subsequently joined them while he was still in his prime, then fair enough. 

He’s already damaged his legacy a bit with the Saudi stuff, so this wouldn’t do that much further damage. And, as he’s been prepared to sell off his morals for the Saudi money, it won’t be a surprise to see him go to a club who offered him the best financial deal. 

It could actually be a sensible signing for Chelsea. They need a bit of experience in their team. Plus, if reports are to be believed, they seem determined to sell Connor Gallagher. And I think they need to sell players for FFP reasons. So, selling Gallagher to get a couple of decent seasons out of Henderson, whilst also helping a young squad to mature, mightn’t be the worst move for Chelsea and the circumstances they apparently find themselves in. 

12 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

I wouldn’t be that arsed if he went to Chelsea. If he left us and subsequently joined them while he was still in his prime, then fair enough. 

He’s already damaged his legacy a bit with the Saudi stuff, so this wouldn’t do that much further damage. And, as he’s been prepared to sell off his morals for the Saudi money, it won’t be a surprise to see him go to a club who offered him the best financial deal. 

It could actually be a sensible signing for Chelsea. They need a bit of experience in their team. Plus, if reports are to be believed, they seem determined to sell Connor Gallagher. And I think they need to sell players for FFP reasons. So, selling Gallagher to get a couple of decent seasons out of Henderson, whilst also helping a young squad to mature, mightn’t be the worst move for Chelsea and the circumstances they apparently find themselves in. 

I'm not averse to Chelsea signing him either as he could watch our current midfield leg it past him and also it would be proof positive that Chelsea had lost their fucking marbles

If it happens I'm all in.

• Upvote 5

If Chelsea were to sell a young athletic player, ostensibly for FFP reasons, and sign a 33yo whose legs have gone and would demand big wages, then that would really represent a damning vision of their transfer policy.

With respect, Nelly, 'getting a couple of decent seasons' out of Henderson is an absolute pipe dream. He was no longer ready and suitable for a full season with Liverpool, and with increasing age and injuries, being an option up to the age of 35 at Chelsea is just way beyond his capabilities. Having the experience is one thing, but with a long record of a failing body and increasing lay-offs, that experience is worthless when they're sitting on any club's treatment table.

His reputation was fucked going to the Middle East in the first place, but this would really only show how far he's fallen, and cap a real clusterfuck of career decisions for someone who was so teflon shiny for so long.

Fuck him, and them. I'd laugh at both if it happens.

8 hours ago, halewood pete said:

I couldn't care less where he goes or what he does.

Aye, I don't know why anyone is arsed. He didn't leave us at his peak, quite the opposite, and he wasn't sly about how he went about it unlike countless others I can mention. It's his life, his living, his family.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Juniper said:

He’s grown the game over in Saudi already?

Yep he's grown the game, everyone gets 60k attendances every week and he's managed to change everybody's mind; they all love the gays now, and everyone's wearing rainbow laces. He's coming home to win the quadruple with Sheffield United and to pick up his knighthood. 

10 hours ago, halewood pete said:

I couldn't care less where he goes or what he does.

I'm the same. 

Good luck to him wherever he goes. 

Isn't good missus American? I always presumed he'd have a stint in the states with his missus being a yank and all 

By his own admission he wasn't prepared to fight for his place in the team, that's why he fucked off, the "Milner Role" was beneath him. 

Surely for the sake of his England career he won't want to be coming back here again where he'll likely be benched most weeks. 

• Upvote 2