You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Tedious transfer saga imminent.

Can the clubs involved please just spare us this slow dance and cut to the chase by offering, and accepting, a reasonable offer.

The sooner we're rid of this little quim the better.

• Upvote 3

I'm speculating it'll go to about 37mil.

But I'd also no be surprised if City switched their attentions to Barkley if there's a chance of any Sterling deal dragging on. 

You wish. Liverpool wont let him go for less than £45m plus add ons.

But I thought he wasn't going anywhere and we were not going to sell? How can our top football men at the club mislead us like this?

Why get hissy? sterling has likely (note I said likely) played his last game for the club and the 'not for sale' is not just for public consumption but also a shot across the bows of city and the like that we wont take less than £45m - £50m

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The way I see it is if we get a decent fee for Sterling we'll be in a position to buy a striker for big money.

If we don't sell him we'll probably be starting the season with Origi and Ings until Strurridge comes back.

So essentially we don't have a transfer budget?

So essentially we don't have a transfer budget?

Not too sure how clued up he is but David Anderson in the Mirror put up a couple of days ago that Rodgers has a limited transfer budget.

I'd say a lot of what is going to be spent on transfers will have to be generated by sales.

Hopefully I'm wrong and FSG will splash the cash regardless of Sterling going or staying but I can't see it myself.

I'm speculating it'll go to about 37mil.

But I'd also no be surprised if City switched their attentions to Barkley if there's a chance of any Sterling deal dragging on. 

But does the final sum really matter that much?

The point here is that Liverpool F.C. has been reduced to a feeder club, a stepping stone, an incompetent organisation, a midtable profitable mediocrity, a pathetic excuse of its -even recent 2000-2007- Glorious past. 

I couldn't give a shit about the little ugly shit Sterling. But if I had joined the "Liverpoolway" forum 10 years ago, after Istanbul and told you that in 10 years Steven Gerrard would run to end his career in Los Angeles, that we would be a stepping stone for Manchester City and Arsenal and that we would be managed by a former Swansea manager who had one year experience in the PL and never won anything, I would have been permanently banned as a nasty WUM. 

It is not even the fact that City have been baught by a third world theocratic monarch with two wives and gadzilion horses. It is how much we have regressed all those years. Consciously regressed.  We were happy to do it and not even try to improve. 

We are finished. I hope Moores never enjoys his millions, the ugly bastard.

Not too sure how clued up he is but David Anderson in the Mirror put up a couple of days ago that Rodgers has a limited transfer budget.

I'd say a lot of what is going to be spent on transfers will have to be generated by sales.

Hopefully I'm wrong and FSG will splash the cash regardless of Sterling going or staying but I can't see it myself.

I actually wondered recently if, knowing that Klopp or Ancelittii could come in a few months down the line, they've kept Rodgers in situ with the excuse that they don't have to give him spends because they've already given him money in the past, but if they brought somoene in during the summer they'd be expected to give him a 'war chest'. If said manager comes in in November or December though, there will be limited players available to buy anyway. 

£50M is a fair price for (allegedly) the most talented young player in Europe. City offering half of that is an insult. The billionaires are suddenly becoming cheapskates. Fuck them. Tell them to give us double what they paid for that useless oaf Bony or fuck off.

I actually wondered recently if, knowing that Klopp or Ancelittii could come in a few months down the line, they've kept Rodgers in situ with the excuse that they don't have to give him spends because they've already given him money in the past, but if they brought somoene in during the summer they'd be expected to give him a 'war chest'. If said manager comes in in November or December though, there will be limited players available to buy anyway. 

Its possible. I read that milner wanted to know if rodgers was staying on else he wouldnt sign. Clearly, he wanted to know the guarantee of playing in his favoured position would hold if he did sign rather than if someone else was appointed and they wouldnt sanction the guarantee.

So it could be a combination of convincing milner to sign,, knowing klopp et all are taking a break and seeing how rodgers performs to December.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I was thinking the same. They didn't spend in January when we desperately needed a mobile forward. This summer's looking like a holding formation while we figure out what to do behind the scenes.

If thats the case they are even bigger buffoons than I thought. For buffoons, I also mean cheapskates.

If they want him gone then they should sack him, pay him off and move on. It's all beginning to resemble constructive dismissal if there is some kind of grand plan to make Rodgers quit and it doesn't sit well with me regardless of my thoughts on wanting him gone.

• Upvote 1

If thats the case they are even bigger buffoons than I thought. For buffoons, I also mean cheapskates.

If they want him gone then they should sack him, pay him off and move on. It's all beginning to resemble constructive dismissal if there is some kind of grand plan to make Rodgers quit and it doesn't sit well with me regardless of my thoughts on wanting him gone.

Agreed. 

If Rodgers sees out the season it's because we are top 4 and there is noticeable improvement.  Therefore we willl all be happy.

If he doesn't it's because we started shit and he got the bullet.  The owners want CL footy after next season because it's worth massive money.  Far more than any Rodgers pay off.  So they will sack him if things are not going well.

Milner on a free and Ings for a modest sum both improve us. So for little money we have already taken a step in the right direction.

For a bit more money, say a usual summer budget without sales, we could also add Clyne and Kovacic. I'd like to think we can get this business done at least. If we do, then again, it's another step in the right direction.

The team is thus strengthened, but Rodgers is not exactly unequivocally backed, as the owners would be adopting a wait and see approach.

I suspect something like the above will happen this summer. We all want and need a better striker. I'm not sure we will sign that player, given our current state. Time will tell.

If Sterling goes it will be late in the window after a summer of attrition. As fans we will watch that money closely, as if it is not invested back into the side this summer, the new manager, or Brendan if he does well, will need it to buy the striker we need.

Coutinho, lallana and Sturro as a front three with kovacic and milner pulling the strings is an imposing looking attack. Ings and origi as backup strikers and one more quality attacking signing and were sorted.

In Brendan we trust