You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

i think Aurelio really only had one good full season in his entire career - for Valencia.

He played for about 15 years and barely broke 200 games IIR.

EDIT - sheesh - even that season he only managed 23 games.

But the free kicks man, THE FREE KICKS!

But really, when he was fit, I thought he was quality. Admittedly, he was never fit, but you get my point. As an aside, he only managed 242 appearances in a 16 year career.

That makes Sturridge look like Iron Man.

Riise looked potentially world class initially and steadily faded as his time went on with us. Scored some absolute belters, particularly in the early days, goals against Everton and Manchester United standing out.

Was a real flyer in those early days (look at that Goodison goal) but seemed to bulk up on muscle in the last years which slowed him down considerably.

Seems a decent sort, but the kind of lad who'll be none the wiser when a snide tattooist inks a Chinese message reading 'I love donkeys' nether regions' on his forearm rather than the 'Per aspera ad astra' that he asked for.

I'd keep him because on his day he's the best striker in the league (apart from Aguero) and we won't et much of a transfer fee. Also we've persevered for this long, maybe under Klopp he can repay us a bit.

we haven't seen compelling evidence of that for about 2 years. So he probably isn't in the top 20 now.  This season has to be his last opportunity to see if he can get back.  If not, he has to be quietly terminated.

we haven't seen compelling evidence of that for about 2 years. So he probably isn't in the top 20 now. This season has to be his last opportunity to see if he can get back. If not, he has to be quietly terminated.

We saw evidence only a couple of weeks ago. You can't pretend he's not a fucking wonderful player.

• Upvote 2

We saw evidence only a couple of weeks ago. You can't pretend he's not a fucking wonderful player.

But can he do it on a wet Wednesday in Stoke?

Seriously though,if you havent got the pulling power or resources of the teams you are challenging then you simply cannot carry passengers. Sturridge is excellent but wonderful is the likes of Suarez.

I reckon Klopp is starting with a clean slate with all players here so Sturridge past injuries and performances should count for nothing until now.

Riise is a lege . . . okay, no he's not. If ever I get a time machine, I'd go back to his youth days and tell him to work on his right leg so that he can use it to clear the ball rather than trying to use his head. But he falls into that subset of professional players who really fell for the club, Didi and Patrik Berger being a couple of that type who spring to mind.

Sturridge will see the light.

He won't be going to Euro 2016 at this rate. I bet Hodgson can't wait to not pick him, just needs an excuse to wind us up, and this is it.

England's main world cup strikers will be Rooney, Kane, Walcott,.

It's debatable if he will go for 5 strikers in his squad, so really, it's upto Sturridge to oust Berahino and Vardy from that squad. Doesn't sound like a contest, but Berahino doesn't get injured and he's already got 3 goals in 7 this season, and Vardy is the top scorer in the league with 9 in 9.

When you consider the other attacking options likely to go to the Championships are Lallana, Barkley, Sterling, Dele Alli, Oxlade-Chamberlain, the need to risk a place on Sturridge looks less and less of a priority.

Also bear in mind that Welbeck and Ings were real contenders for a striker berth until their injuries, and they could both return by the end of the season. Same with Carroll, he might sneak it. And it could be that Ibe and Redmond pick their form up and make the squad.

Many people will see it a real bonus for Liverpool for Sturridge not to go on England duty. I don't, I'll see it as a staggering fall from grace for someone who could easily have made it onto a Balon D'Or shortlist two years ago.

Grinch, you are confused. Our top earner is Milner. Sturridge is not earning 150k a week, but much less.

We cannot afford to sell our last World Class prospect. We can't be selling our best players every summer and expect miracles from the managers.

This nonsense has got to stop.  

• Upvote 2