You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

1 hour ago, navbasi said:

To be fair to Robbie, he clearly wants to be a manager but hasn’t exactly been inundated with offers to manage at home…

I've been quite surprised at how desperate he has been to get going in management, and wish him loads of luck.

On 26/06/2023 at 20:35, Bobby Hundreds said:

Newcastle fans are even worse than city fans. No embarrassment "what can they do" they actively act as the Saudi Regimes personal defendants. Murder and dismember a journalist is fine because *random whataboutery* they are the absolute perfect shills for a sportwashing regime, the Saudis couldn't not of picked a better fanbase to represent them. Nothing they win will ever mean shit to anybody else the same as city, zero respect from any quarter other than by those being paid to push the illusion its still a sport.

These same fans would have been taking the moral high ground had it been Liverpool who were acquired by Saudi. Hypocrites the lot of them.

1 minute ago, Jurgen Knows said:

These same fans would have been taking the moral high ground had it been Liverpool who were acquired by Saudi. Hypocrites the lot of them.

That is a massive generalisation.Many of us are disgusted at the thought of these types of owners and may even turn our back on the game should this happen. I dont think you know our fanbase well enough.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

That is a massive generalisation.Many of us are disgusted at the thought of these types of owners and may even turn our back on the game should this happen. I dont think you know our fanbase well enough.

I was referring to the Newcastle fans there.

I have been reading this forum for 20 years because it serves as my gateway to understanding the Liverpool fan culture. I haven’t been here all these years for the transfer gossip.

On 03/07/2023 at 17:36, Jurgen Knows said:

I was referring to the Newcastle fans there.

I have been reading this forum for 20 years because it serves as my gateway to understanding the Liverpool fan culture. I haven’t been here all these years for the transfer gossip.

And you believe we want a murderous regime as our owners? Your understanding is way off.

33 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

And you believe we want a murderous regime as our owners? Your understanding is way off.

He hadn’t said that. All he’s said that had Liverpool been bought by similar owners a few years ago, Newcastle fans would be going on about human rights abuses, but now they’ve been taken over they’re first in line to defend Saudi behaviour.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

He hadn’t said that. All he’s said that had Liverpool been bought by similar owners a few years ago, Newcastle fans would be going on about human rights abuses, but now they’ve been taken over they’re first in line to defend Saudi behaviour.

Why should behavior need to be defended?

6 hours ago, Anubis said:

Thank you.

41 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It seems I misunderstood. Apologies.

No worries Vlad.

I believe most Liverpool fans don’t want the club to be owned by Saudi Arabia. 

I also believe most Newcastle fans didn’t want their club to be owned by Saudi Arabia before it happened. The fact that they somehow managed to reconcile their value system with the reality on the ground leads me to believe that their value system was built on hypocrisy and lies rather than solid foundations.

Selective outrage in action. A few footballers and coaches leave the UK for Saudi Arabia to go get that "filthy oil money". Loads here and many more all over social media react strongly against it.

Meanwhile, the UK govt has been taking billions of pounds of that "filthy oil money", selling weapons to Saudi Arabia which is then used to bomb tiny Yemen. Barely a squeak about that on here or on social media. I guess Yemen isn't fashionable enough for many to get outraged about.

Screenshot_20230704_144446_Gallery.jpg

• Upvote 1