You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

To be honest both Berahino and Redmond tick the boxes in terms of what we're looking for -

*Are you young and English? 

*Have you achieved nothing significant in your career so far? 

*Are they grossly overpriced? 

*Are you worse than one of our own players in your position? 

*Are there serious question marks about you at this point in time?

if you answered yes to all the questions, congratulations you've just signed for Liverpool Football club.

• Upvote 13

No up and coming type player should be signed on more than a 2 year contract. If it doesn't work out, great you can fuck them off easily. If they do, then great. Chuck a decent wage increase on them.

I have no problem buying potential but you've just got to mix it with proven class. To do otherwise is just criminal.

I'm not expecting anything from this windows to be honest. We are all over the shop so it will be hard to entice the quality we need. A couple of loan signings is what I'd go for.

• Upvote 1

Rodgers won't want to be wasting time and money in January on more young players with potential who might be good enough one day when his heads on the chopping block if results and performances don't improve. 

If we spend in January (and I wouldn't trust anyone on the committee with a fiver let alone more millions) it's got to be on an established player who'll improve the team. If he's young-ish and can do that like Sturridge and Coutinho were then fine. Redmond's no better than players we've got out on loan. Is Berahino better than Origi at this point? The Star haven't got a fucking clue but if you link Liverpool to flavour of month or mediocre players then you'll probably be right more often than not.