You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yevhen Konoplyanka

WhiskeyJar

He's not mentioned on the Spurs forums at all. Smells of bull poo.

That's because it probably is.

Liverpool bid for player and Spurs coming in for him is a bit of a lazy headline.

I'd be happy with this. Assume that if he signs Coutinho will move into the middle and this fella will play out wide. 

Yeah, but it's his best position. And he played very well. I'd still sign a midfielder mind you, but we certainly need another top winger. Personally, I think Borini is decent backup and even then, if one of Sturridge or Suarez is out, we can change the formation.

Sterling, Ibe, Assaidi, Suso, Coutinho, Suarez all wide options, we have two strikers we can rely on, not enough for a top 4 team unless we get lucky with future injuries, all said another striker plus a DM will take us to another level and be able to compete with City and Chelsea and Arsenal in the top 3 rather than just top 4. I dont see how a winger is going to get in, its not like we've struggled with that position this season at all. We've been able to loan wingers out and still have plenty left. Not to mention Hendo can play wide right in a 442. We just dont need this player its not as if he is ever going to be a world class player anyway, with a 442 you can put Coutinho out wide with SaS up front I dont see where the need is there.

Where's he going to play and in which current players place.

... A DM?

I'd love a DM also but this fella is quality and is available now. Suarez and Sturridge have missed 14 games between them after 23 games. Our 1st choice forwards are excellent, below that we are shite. We cannot rely on them all to be fit for the rest of the season. Also, if this fella works out we have a better chance of outscoring the opposition. 

Seems to be rumours popping up all over twatter that Spurs are bidding too but could be utter bollox. Impossible to sift through the mounds of shit.

Years ago on Championship manager I used to short list all the top and up and coming players and then as soon as a Premier League rival bid for them I would make a higher bid just to stop that club getting them,

It seems like Spurs have taken a leaf out of my book. 

Sterling, Ibe, Assaidi, Suso, Coutinho, Suarez all wide options, we have two strikers we can rely on, not enough for a top 4 team unless we get lucky with future injuries, all said another striker plus a DM will take us to another level and be able to compete with City and Chelsea and Arsenal in the top 3 rather than just top 4. I dont see how a winger is going to get in, its not like we've struggled with that position this season at all. We've been able to loan wingers out and still have plenty left. Not to mention Hendo can play wide right in a 442. We just dont need this player its not as if he is ever going to be a world class player anyway, with a 442 you can put Coutinho out wide with SaS up front I dont see where the need is there.

We will only play 442 when Suarez and Sturridge are fit. otherwise it will be some kind of 433/4231. We do not need to spend big on another striker.

Well ok, but I disagree, a top wide man gives us far more options than a backup striker, esp considering Borini will be back at the end of the season. God forbid, the worst happen and Suarez and Sturridge are out at the same time, then we play Aspas... But we still then have plenty of good options around him

Haha you guys always make my day with those random jokes. Just wanted to say thank you and keep up the good work!

And me. People are saying the forum is going nuts. But I think it's quality and getting better. I always thought it lacked funny characters. I was obviously reading it wrong.

edit: Whereabouts in Slovenija are you? That is one beautiful country.

Sky reporting done deal at Spurs, £22.5m subject to medical, bugger!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Jesus, how many wide players do they need? Lamela, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Townsend, Holtby, and now Konoplyanka. Eriksen can also play wide.

That's 7 potential starters for two starting spots.