You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

I think Mo was fed up playing in a side that was going nowhere last season. 
He looked and played at times as if he couldn’t be bothered.
This season he’s seen the spark is back in the side, and it seems to have put the spark back into him.

The new players are a definite upgrade and his efforts are being rewarded with like minded players (in their positions) making his efforts worthwhile and he’s obviously liking it.

Very possible he can see silverware in the team before he moves on next summer.

12 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

The desire of some to sell him is genuine insanity. The best player in the world, absurdly consistent. A phenomenon who’s not slowing down for another 3-4 years.

is it a desperation to sell or just a footballing reality that Saudi may have turned his head with money? If that's the case it's cash in this summer or lose him for free the year after. i know loads go "well he could still play there in 4 years" and of course he could. but if he wants to play there now, we're done for. i am all in favour of tying him down to another contract, but i very much doubt FSG will do this now. which means by the time next summer comes, we are under some real pressure. only a mad man wants to see the back of salah. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I've said sell him and it is a dam shame but that is the reality of the situation. If he will sign another contract for a fraction of any Saudi deal of course he stays. But if we get 150m or whatever in the summer at least we can rebuild. If he won't resign we have to cash in.

I think events are well ahead of you mate. I believe a deal is already in place. 
whether it’s Jan or the summer is the only question in my mind . Probably be the summer unless we bomb between now and Xmas . 
Klopp will already have funds earmarked for a replacement and given none of us want to see Mo leave at least it will be an orderly exit with the club able to get it’s business done under the minimum of pressure 

4 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I think events are well ahead of you mate. I believe a deal is already in place. 
whether it’s Jan or the summer is the only question in my mind . Probably be the summer unless we bomb between now and Xmas . 
Klopp will already have funds earmarked for a replacement and given none of us want to see Mo leave at least it will be an orderly exit with the club able to get it’s business done under the minimum of pressure 

Yeah you are probably correct and in that instance it is good strategic planning. Anyone who thinks we will loose 150m  or whatever for 1 more season is living in a fantasy world.

I had to listen to the match on a Bet 365 radio stream, it was fucking painful. Anyway, they said that Antonio had said on his latest Pod that the whole world knows Mo is going next season. What a load of shite that is, nobody knows any such thing. The Mo I know is motivated by personal achievement, I wouldn't be surprised if Ian Rush is his target. He would need 30 goals for another 5 seasons, unlikely but not totally out of the question. 

1 hour ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Yeah you are probably correct and in that instance it is good strategic planning. Anyone who thinks we will loose 150m  or whatever for 1 more season is living in a fantasy world.

I don’t know anyone that honestly believes we will keep him beyond the end of the season. Not sure it will be 150 mill by then probably closer to 100 

The biggest potential issue I see is if picks up a bad injury. That would potentially fuck up everyone’s planning 

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

I don’t know anyone that honestly believes we will keep him beyond the end of the season. Not sure it will be 150 mill by then probably closer to 100 

The biggest potential issue I see is if picks up a bad injury. That would potentially fuck up everyone’s planning 

If it is agreed I would imagine some sort of structure is in place to cover all eventualities.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

I had to listen to the match on a Bet 365 radio stream, it was fucking painful. Anyway, they said that Antonio had said on his latest Pod that the whole world knows Mo is going next season. What a load of shite that is, nobody knows any such thing. The Mo I know is motivated by personal achievement, I wouldn't be surprised if Ian Rush is his target. He would need 30 goals for another 5 seasons, unlikely but not totally out of the question. 

I tend to agree with Antonio and if Salah hasnt already signed some heads of agreement with the Saudis and LFC I would be surprised. Much as I like the romance of him chasing down Rushies record I doubt it’s even a fleeting thought in his mind. He will be done with the PL come the summer 

56 minutes ago, magicrat said:

The more the Saudi league is looked upon as a sham, then it may sway him to stay. 

On paper, a couple of months ago, it may have looked better than the reality. Now that it has started and it's a bit of a joke, it might change his mind. Unless there are a huge raft of serious signings next year, then if Mo is still hungry then he can't go there, IMO. 

19 minutes ago, Razoray said:

The more the Saudi league is looked upon as a sham, then it may sway him to stay. 

On paper, a couple of months ago, it may have looked better than the reality. Now that it has started and it's a bit of a joke, it might change his mind. Unless there are a huge raft of serious signings next year, then if Mo is still hungry then he can't go there, IMO. 

It’s 100 % about money surely and getting household names to participate.

Any player going there is doing so for the wedge , none of I think are delusional about the standard of the game or winning any meaningful silverware.