You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

how much do you drink?

littletedwest

Of im sitting and drinking all night and just watching tv,playing xbox etc i would guess about 400-700ml of Bourbon or Rum

Not sure units

Is it 1 unit for 25ml

16-28 units

Its not often ill do that.

2 or 3 times a year maybe.

I scored 16/40.

I’m surprised it was that high because I feel like my drinking days are almost over. It’s just most social situations go hand in hand with having a beer.

I’ll often buy a case of Guinness to drink in the house, open one and realise I can’t be arsed.

Drinking at the pub has started leaving me with serious hangovers, even after only four or five pints when I’ve just been a bit merry I’m basically useless the next day. If I go out at tea time until last orders before staggering home with a kebab, the hangovers are so bad that I’m out of action for about three days.

It’s a young mans game and I’m not a young man anymore.

Barely touched a drop all weekend. No one is in and I feel proper down in the dumps. Just poured a glass of red wine out of an unopened bottle that's been in the cupboard for ages. Didn't even have any I've just tipped it away. Got a job interview tomorrow so I've done the sensible thing. I'm pissed off at myself for even contemplating it.

• Upvote 1

Barely touched a drop all weekend. No one is in and I feel proper down in the dumps. Just poured a glass of red wine out of an unopened bottle that's been in the cupboard for ages. Didn't even have any I've just tipped it away. Got a job interview tomorrow so I've done the sensible thing. I'm pissed off at myself for even contemplating it.

You never drank it, that's the win.

• Upvote 1

Had a bit of a session on Friday but only stuck to Guinness and beer. Spent all day yesterday not really feeling rough but vomiting any liquids I drank. It carried on into the night but worse, puking up blood and now I’m doing black shits and Google’s telling me I’m gonna die. I can’t even stand up for one minute without needing to sit back down again because of the dizziness.

I’m pretty sure that this is it as far as my drinking days go.

Had a bit of a session on Friday but only stuck to Guinness and beer. Spent all day yesterday not really feeling rough but vomiting any liquids I drank. It carried on into the night but worse, puking up blood and now I’m doing black shits and Google’s telling me I’m gonna die. I can’t even stand up for one minute without needing to sit back down again because of the dizziness.

I’m pretty sure that this is it as far as my drinking days go.

Doctor or hospital for you, young man.

I am playing worst case but if you are spewing it up you are likely shitting it out. It will be a tiny bleed from the vomiting.

Or a massive internal hemorrhage .

Aye, I drink Guinness all the time and this has never happened before. It’s definitely to do with the puking my insides out as well.

Doctor or hospital for you, young man.

Not really possible. I was meant to be out all day today to drive my uncle 200 miles home, visit other family for a roast dinner and then drive back tonight. My Mrs took one look at me this morning and offered to drive him home instead. Luckily for me, my kids are good as gold and can largely entertain themselves. I just need to knock them up something quick for dinner and tea.

Couch, Lucozade and feeling sorry for myself is the order of the day. I haven’t puked since before 8am which is a positive.

Definitely some sort of minor internal bleeding.

My illness gives me an easy excuse to reach for the painkillers and I’ve been in pain since we got back from holiday and had been taking too many of them for about a week leading up to Friday. Doctor Google tells me that they’ve weakened the lining of my stomach and the ale has finished me off.

I’m alright lying down sipping Luco but any activity at all is leaving me dizzy and fucked. Just need to flush it out and detox for a while. Bit of a wake up call really.

Definitely some sort of minor internal bleeding.

My illness gives me an easy excuse to reach for the painkillers and I’ve been in pain since we got back from holiday and had been taking too many of them for about a week leading up to Friday. Doctor Google tells me that they’ve weakened the lining of my stomach and the ale has finished me off.

I’m alright lying down sipping Luco but any activity at all is leaving me dizzy and fucked. Just need to flush it out and detox for a while. Bit of a wake up call really.

Aye, calm it down son.

Bit better today. Managed to have a shave and go and do a bit of shopping without spewing my insides out.

Time for an extended break from alcohol altogether. Going to a lodge with a few other couples at the end of the month and fully intend to be boring as fuck and not drink. Same at a family piss-up for a 40th next month. Really can’t be doing with feeling like that ever again. Gonna get back into my regular swimming routine next week and go on a bit of a health kick.

On the plus side, anti-depressants made me put on a stone in only four weeks last year and I’ve managed to shift that and a bit more in just a couple of days. My beer belly has completely disappeared, which is actually quite pleasing.

• Upvote 1

Bit better today. Managed to have a shave and go and do a bit of shopping without spewing my insides out.

Time for an extended break from alcohol altogether. Going to a lodge with a few other couples at the end of the month and fully intend to be boring as fuck and not drink. Same at a family piss-up for a 40th next month. Really can’t be doing with feeling like that ever again.

On the plus side, anti-depressants made me put on a stone in only four weeks last year and I’ve managed to shift that and a bit more in just a couple of days. My beer belly has completely disappeared, which is actually quite pleasing.

Aye, a bit of internal bleeding never hurt anyone.

• Upvote 1