You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rooting official ice cream sandwich.

celeryBADboy

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Zig.

I bought a Touchpad a few months back that had been rooted and is running ICS. Not overly clever when it comes to all this stuff, so any chance of a holding-your-hand walkthrough on how to update from ICS to JB without losing everything I have? When you have time like...I'm in no rush.

Nice one.

Hi Zig.

I bought a Touchpad a few months back that had been rooted and is running ICS. Not overly clever when it comes to all this stuff, so any chance of a holding-your-hand walkthrough on how to update from ICS to JB without losing everything I have? When you have time like...I'm in no rush.

Nice one.

Hi. Judging by this forum: TouchPad Development - xda-developers I would say Jellybean is not quite ready for the Touchpad, since all the custom ROMs are based on ICS and there is only one preview for CM10 which is being reported to have significant problems.

If you're running stock ICS though, you might want to give CM9 or AOKP a whirl:

[NIGHTLY] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 - xda-developers

[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - Tenderloin Milestone 4 - xda-developers

Not much development going on now for this device, but maybe trying something different will be nice, and we can backup what you have first.

Give me a shout if you want to go for it.

Alright Zig.

I've confirmed that I'm an utter spa when it comes to these things!

I checked my tablet last night, and the Android version is 4.0.1 (I think), but she's running CM9! Probably shoulda realised when the little blue fella appeared everytime I restarted the unit! The nightly installed is from back in July, so I don't know if I should (or how to) update it to the latest one.

So with that embarrassment out of the way, do you know of any way to get Sky Go working on it? When I try download it from the store, it says it's not compatible.

• 1 month later...
Guest ShoePiss

Received a new unlocked Sony Xperia P today, it's come with ICS and although I'm not going to root it just yet I have a quick question.

I've set up my email accounts on it and set them to sync but for some reason it doesn't sync with what has already been read elsewhere, it shows all emails as unread even if I've already read them through a browser or on another mobile device. I'm using the standard email client that came with the phone...

I'm new to android so maybe there's a quick fix?

Received a new unlocked Sony Xperia P today, it's come with ICS and although I'm not going to root it just yet I have a quick question.

I've set up my email accounts on it and set them to sync but for some reason it doesn't sync with what has already been read elsewhere, it shows all emails as unread even if I've already read them through a browser or on another mobile device. I'm using the standard email client that came with the phone...

I'm new to android so maybe there's a quick fix?

Use the app for whatever your email is i use Yahoo so have the yahoo app im not fond of the original app built in it dont spam seperate or anything.

Guest ShoePiss
Use the app for whatever your email is i use Yahoo so have the yahoo app im not fond of the original app built in it dont spam seperate or anything.

Thanks Si, I ended up using Aquamail as I wanted one app for all email accounts rather than an app for each one. Does the job and syncs with the mail server rather than just fetching like the standard android one so it's doing what I want.